PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous attacks on marijuana Prop 19

libertybrewcity
08-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Fight the attacks, support Proposition 19.

Group: Prop 19 Would Mean Pot-Smoking at Work

If marijuana was legal for adults in California, would more people show up at work high? And how would that change the definition of a "smoke break" during work hours?
That's the latest issue facing proponents of Proposition 19, the ballot measure that would make marijuana legal for adults in California.
Voters will have a chance in November to decide whether to legalize marijuana for recreational purposes for adults over 21 but the political debate over the controversial issue has been heating up for quite some time. The latest argument against the ballot measure is that given the legal freedom to smoke pot, people will be high at work.
The California Chamber of Commerce on Thursday released a legal analysis that claims Proposition 19 would lead to more workplace accidents by forcing employers to let workers smoke pot on the job.

If this measure were approved, employers, including the State of California, would be faced with the burden of proving that an employee who tests positive for marijuana is “actually impaired” from performing the job before taking any adverse action against the employee. This process would delay disciplinary actions used to protect workplace safety and drive up costs due to increased litigation

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/Group-Prop-19-Would-Mean-Pot-Smoking-at-Work-100625869.html

Fight the attacks, support Proposition 19.

olehounddog
08-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Maybe this will help
Death Rates
The number of American death per year that result directly from the following causes nationwide,according to world almanacs, life insurance actuarial(death) rates, and the last 20 years of the Surgeon Generals' reports.

1. Tobacco-340,000-450,000
2. Alcohol (not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders)-150,000+
3. Aspirin (including deliberate overdose)-180-1000
4. Caffiene(fron stress,ulcers,and triggering irregular heartbeats,etc)-1000-10,000
5. Legal drug overdose (deliberate or accidental) from legal prescribed or patient medicines and\or mixing with alcohol-eg alcohol\valium-14,000-27,000
6. illicit drug overdose(deliberate or accidental) from all illegal drugs3,800-5,200
7. Marijuana-0

Marijuana users have the same or lower incidence of murders and highway death and accidents than the general non-marijuana using populationas a whole. Cancer study, UCLA;US funded($6 Million), First and second Jamaican studies, 1968-1974; Costa Rican Studies, 1980-1982;Lowest toxicity 100% of the studies done at dozens of American Universities and research facilities show pot toxicitydoes not exist. Medical history does not record anyone dying from an overdose. (UCLA, Harvard, Temple, etc)

LibertyRevolution
08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Alcohol is legal, but at my job I still cant go and do shots on my break...
It is against company policy to be intoxicated while on property.

Why would marijuana be treated any different?

I say leave it up to the employers!!!

Some jobs may actually benefit from having employees on marijuana...

Just like most bosses look the other way if the coked up employees get more work accomplished.

specsaregood
08-13-2010, 11:37 PM

Sucks for you man. :p

dannno
08-13-2010, 11:45 PM
A lot of people already show up high for work. There are stoners in every industry whether it is IT, law, engineering, asset management, heavy machinery it doesn't matter. Most stoners are comfortable doing their job stoned, and it's already happening, completely unbeknown to their coworkers and their boss. Either that or they wait until after work, it just depends on the person. They still have a job because they do good work.

The law won't change anything, companies can still put limitations on workers, these lies about the new law are being cooked up by the establishment. If I had money I'd probably start workers compensation insurance funds that allow cannabis users in the work place. Probably would make a lot of money.

Wesker1982
08-13-2010, 11:49 PM
It is against company policy to be intoxicated while on property.

Why would marijuana be treated any different?

I say leave it up to the employers!!!

yeah i dont understand how this isnt automatically understood

dannno
08-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Public Policy Polling:

(July27), 52% of voters support Proposition 19, while only 36% are against it.

This puts us ahead by 16% among California voters!

dannno
08-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Public Policy Polling:

(July27), 52% of voters support Proposition 19, while only 36% are against it.

This puts us ahead by 16% among California voters!

bump