PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is 75 next Friday (Aug 20, 2010), we should get him something nice.

wizardwatson
08-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Ron Paul is 75 next Friday (Aug 20, 2010), we should get him something nice.

Any ideas.

My finances aren't that great right now, but I could probably put together a macaroni necklace, or send him a leftover Christmas card.

In all seriousness though, shouldn't we do something?

My apologies if this has already been threaded.

wizardwatson
08-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Like something specifically from RPF'ers.

malkusm
08-13-2010, 04:10 PM
I approve this message. I'm broke and probably can't contribute, but yes.

Alternatively, we should all be donating to Rand's moneybomb on the 19th AND 20th as a show of our appreciation....I'm sure Ron would appreciate that.

wizardwatson
08-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I approve this message. I'm broke and probably can't contribute, but yes.

Alternatively, we should all be donating to Rand's moneybomb on the 19th AND 20th as a show of our appreciation....I'm sure Ron would appreciate that.

Yeah, I know Ron's selfless in that regard, but giving money to his sons campaign should be done anyway by whoever has money.

I'm thinking like maybe just a permanent web page, that has like personal stories from like a thousand RPF'ers (200 words or less) about how we came to the campaign or why we appreciate him.

Or maybe a bunch of across the country photos of RPF'er fans holding up happy birthday Ron signs in the pictures. We could combine the photos into one giant web page mural, for instance that shows thumbnails geographically.

Something simple, but collaborative and personal.

malkusm
08-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I wrote this two and a half years ago, but I think it still gets across what I want to say to Ron Paul: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=106779

(I say I'm 20 in that post, but I'll be 23 next week ;) )

djdellisanti4
08-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Or maybe a bunch of across the country photos of RPF'er fans holding up happy birthday Ron signs in the pictures. We could combine the photos into one giant web page mural, for instance that shows thumbnails geographically.

Something simple, but collaborative and personal.

I like that one a lot and I hope someone here knows how to put that together. Plus if we get a ton of people to do it, it might make the news which would be really nice publicity and demonstrate to the nation how active our base is.

But that's mainly from an election perspective.

wizardwatson
08-14-2010, 08:49 AM
I like that one a lot and I hope someone here knows how to put that together. Plus if we get a ton of people to do it, it might make the news which would be really nice publicity and demonstrate to the nation how active our base is.

But that's mainly from an election perspective.

Yeah, I just wish I'd realized it earlier, seems a little too soon now to generate enough buzz, especially with Rand's money bomb in the limelight next week.