PDA

View Full Version : Will Ron Paul campaign for Republicans?

itshappening
08-13-2010, 01:26 PM
If you were the RNC, where would you send Ron Paul?

-Kentucky

Surely he must make one stop to support his son Rand. Ron does well with indies and conservative democrats who will be a crucial voting block in this battleground contest.

-Nevada

Sharron Angle caused a huge upset defeating our nemesis Sue Lowden in Nevada, surely she should be rewarded with a stop by Ron Paul in a state where he retains a lot of support after winning the 2008 GOP State convention

- Colorado

Ken Buck may appreciate Ron Paul's appeal to independents who are a key voting block in this battleground state. Ken Buck was virtually unknown until the Campaign for Liberty put him on TV

-

Anywhere else or is that it ?

malkusm
08-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Not sure where the RNC would send Ron Paul, but I can guarantee that Ron Paul will only go where Ron Paul wants to go.

I think he'd make stops for all three of those candidates, though...as well as in Washington, if Didier won his primary, or Green Bay, WI if Terri McCormick wins hers.

K466
08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Has Ron Paul endorsed or signaled any support for Sharron Angle?

Fozz
08-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Has Ron Paul endorsed or signaled any support for Sharron Angle?

No, not that I know of.

Fozz
08-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Ron Paul needs to campaign for Rand and Ken Buck (and Clint Didier if he's around). I'm not sure about Angle, because her reputation as a kook may hurt him.

Mike Lee and Justin Amash don't really need his help.

Fozz
08-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Ron Paul needs to campaign for Rand and Ken Buck (and Clint Didier if he's around). I'm not sure about Angle, because her reputation as a kook may hurt him.

Mike Lee and Justin Amash don't really need his help.

specsaregood
08-13-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure about Angle, because her reputation as a kook may hurt him.

Now that is some delicious comedy. Wouldn't want Dr. Paul to get near that kook label.

AuH2O
08-13-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't think Ron would really help any of these candidates significantly, and any positive effect would probably be offset by worse damage.

specsaregood
08-13-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't think Ron would really help any of these candidates significantly, and any positive effect would probably be offset by worse damage.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He huge with independents, which are the swing vote every candidate needs nowadays. Primaries are won in the party, but the elections are won via the independent swing voters.

silentshout
08-13-2010, 04:08 PM
I agree with every one on that list, except for Angle. I think Ron's appearance would attract independents most definitely, and there certainly are many Democrats who are more moderate fiscally who i think he'd help bring over to this side.

specsaregood
08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I agree with every one on that list, except for Angle. I think Ron's appearance would attract independents most definitely, and there certainly are many Democrats who are more moderate fiscally who i think he'd help bring over to this side.

Dr. Paul is huge in Nevada. Angle is lightyears better than Reid and having angle in Ron's debt would be huge. It would be worth it just to try to take Reid out. The Dem Senate leader losing his reelection?!

libertybrewcity
08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
He is campaigning with John Dennis in San Francisco at a rally on September 4th.

rich34
08-13-2010, 07:18 PM

I disagree big time!!

I think Ron's appeal among indies, and conservative democrats would be a huge plus in a close race as the ones mentioned will probably be. It'll also help himself in these same states with name recognition should he decide to run again in 2012.

libertybrewcity
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM

He could probably do some fundraising for them, even if it was kept quiet. Campaigning for his endorsed candidates would likely get him a higher position on a committee in 2010.

As for Angle, I haven't been able to find any endorsement of her by RP...even after many google searches:)

GunnyFreedom
08-13-2010, 07:38 PM
I'd give my left arm for some RP help/endorsement :D