PDA

View Full Version : Pat Barron, MA 3rd District could use some help

llepard
08-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi Folks:

I have supported Pat Barron for the Massachusetts 3rd District. He is running as an Independent and has gotten enough signatures to get on the ballot.

So, he will run against the incumbent, Jim McGovern (D) who is the worst of the worst, and also against a Republican to be choosen in the Primary in September.

The leading Republican right now is Marty Lamb, and boy is he lame.

Pat actually has a real chance to win this seat. Here is why.

McGovern is a total old school tax and spend liberal with a capital L. Pelosi and gang love him. He is not a heavy weight, but has a lot of Democratic support.

In the run off for Senator Kennedy's seat Scott Brown beat Martha Coakley by 60/40 in the Mass 3rd district. THEREFORE, MCGOVERN IS MAJOR LEAGUE VULNERABLE. Anybody with a half way decent Ron Paul or Tea Party like message could win. People in Worcester are pissed off and unemployed.

I have vetted Pat. He is a good honest guy. I have given him the max so there is not much more I can do.

If you can help him in any way I urge you to do so.

Best, Larry

Check him out at www.barronforcongress.org

malkusm
08-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks Larry! I wrote the name down on my list of "candidates to add" for my General Election thread.

Bergie Bergeron
08-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Nice !

Bergie Bergeron
08-14-2010, 04:51 AM
up

Kludge
08-14-2010, 05:01 AM
What are his foreign policy views?

Edit: found them (http://www.barronforcongress.org/the_issues_2.html).

Bergie Bergeron
08-14-2010, 05:22 AM
I am a believer in the creed "Peace through Strength". America's security is being challenged as it never has before. Although America has not chosen this path it is clear the Al Quieda and Taliban has chosen to be at war with us.

Sounds a bit neo-conish.

teacherone
08-14-2010, 06:08 AM
I am a believer in the creed "Peace through Strength". America's security is being challenged as it never has before. Although America has not chosen this path it is clear the Al Quieda and Taliban has chosen to be at war with us.

Fortunately the will of the American people is forever strong.

Our military is the finest in the world. They should always be supported and equipped as such.

I believe our military leaders are trained, educated and dedicated to the cause of protecting America and all she represents.
These military leaders, if given clear objectives from Washington, should be listened to for what is best to achieve whatever objective has been given to them.

I do not agree terrorists should be given the same rights as American citizens.

Military research and development has brought and continues to bring many benefits for everday Americans. Radar for airports, GPS, clothing, the list goes on. Military research and development is one of the best investments America makes. It employees hundreds of thousands of Americans, brings innovation to the free market, and most importantly keeps our military in the forefront of the world.

What troubles me most about our military is the question of are we doing enough to take care of active troops, reservists and our veterans? Behind our military are American citizens who have dedicated themselves and their families to protecting our way of life. I do not believe we do enough as a nation to show our gratitude and respect for their sacrifice.

Hand defense contractors more money to defend the free market?? lol.

Hand mercenaries more money to protect our freedoms? lol

llepard
08-14-2010, 06:46 AM
In the process of vetting Pat I discussed the "empire" , " war party" and "neocon" issues with him. His thinking is not as developed as ours on this issue, but he is educatable. Frankly, this is not a "hot button" issue for him the way it is for all of us. He just sees that Government is totally broken and wants to fix it. He will need to be educated on the "military/industrial/empire" issue. But I believe he is open to it.

I am not going to defend all of Pat's foreign policy statements, but let me clarify a few things.

1. He is not a Neocon. He thinks the war in Iraq was a mistake and he thinks the war in Afghanistan is a mistake and is not working. He favors withdrawal.

2. He certainly thinks that we can not afford the excessive military that we have spread all over the world.

3. Pat's district is very blue collar and has a flag waving mentality. Scott Brown won with a flag waving approach.

4. Pat's father worked in the defense industry, i believe as an engineer. His mother was a nurse.

5. Pat believes we should follow the Constitution and declare wars.

I think where he differs with us is that we think Al Quaeda is a trumped up threat and he thinks there is more substance to the threat.

So, while he is not clearly ideologically perfect ala Ron Paul or Rand he is close enough for me. His positions on the Constitution and other issues are spot on.

HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART. PAT CAN WIN THIS DISTRICT!!!!!!! It is sitting there waiting to be taken. Seriously, we spend huge time and effort on BJ, Rand and many others and frankly some of them are long shots. This is a cherry waiting to be plucked. Look at his campaign literature, it is brilliant (credit: Linda Lagana). He is getting serious traction. In a three way race all super liberals go McGovern and then all Pat has to do is beat Marty Lamb. Marty is a goof ball.

If you can support Pat in any way I urge you to do so. Thank you.

Larry

llepard
08-14-2010, 08:08 AM
bump

Bergie Bergeron
08-14-2010, 03:09 PM
If llepard supports him 100% that's good enough for me.

rich34
08-14-2010, 07:02 PM
If llepard supports him 100% that's good enough for me.

I agree, but it would be nice if the guy put something on his website like this:

1. He is not a Neocon. He thinks the war in Iraq was a mistake and he thinks the war in Afghanistan is a mistake and is not working. He favors withdrawal.

2. He certainly thinks that we can not afford the excessive military that we have spread all over the world.

3. Pat's district is very blue collar and has a flag waving mentality. Scott Brown won with a flag waving approach.

4. Pat's father worked in the defense industry, i believe as an engineer. His mother was a nurse.

5. Pat believes we should follow the Constitution and declare wars.

libertybrewcity
08-14-2010, 07:48 PM
I'll look into it, but he looks pretty neocon-like from the issues page. First, I can't see Dems going for that argument. Second, any audio or clips of him speaking?

Aratus
08-15-2010, 11:45 AM
all our Representatives in D.C are Democrats.

CaseyJones
08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
bump