PDA

View Full Version : John Mayer is all about Ron Paul!

JPFromTally
10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Anybody see this yet? John Mayer, who has such panty dropping hits as "Body is a Wonderland", seems to be seriously pushing Ron Paul to his actor buddy (can't think of his name) on this TMZ video.

It looks like they'd been out drinking and waxing politically when this video starts and John is doing the same type of Ron Paul selling that I do on a Saturday night after a about 7 or 8 tequila shots.

Check it out:

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1243684715

twister5400
10-16-2007, 01:04 PM
nice... we need to get as many of these folks on board as possible... maybe we can get john mayer to play at philly... that'd be pretty tight

Santana28
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
he's arguing with actor/musician Jason Schwartzman... i'm not sure but i think he has connections to jewish lobby groups. i seem to remember him being politically involved.

BillyDkid
10-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Very cool. Go John!!!

Santana28
10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
LOL... i can't believe i am actually thinking positively of John Mayer right now. I typically shudder whenever anyone mentions his name or i hear his horrible horrible music....

Santana28
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh boy... check out Schwartzman's film credit :

Jason Francesco Schwartzman (born June 26, 1980) is an American actor and musician.

Schwartzman was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of actress Talia Shire and the late producer Jack Schwartzman. Besides his parents, many other members of Schwartzman's family are involved in film. He is also the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola and cousin of Nicolas Cage, Sofia Coppola, Roman Coppola and Christopher Coppola. He is the brother of actor/musician Robert Carmine (vocalist for the band Rooney), and is the half-brother of cinematographer John Schwartzman. His cousin is entertainment publicist Eric Schwartzman.
[edit]Career

Schwartzman is best known for his role in the films Rushmore, I ? Huckabees, and Slackers. "

thats kind of funny.

Cindy
10-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Now THERE is a Celebrity that can help. He has a HUGE rabid fan base.

uncloned21
I'm waitin'...waitin'...waitin' on the world to change...

Beerhall Agitator
I could handle Mayer at the Philly rally as long as he didnt play more than one song :)

steph3n
10-16-2007, 01:13 PM
haha good going John, you just introduced Ron Paul to the most idiotic fan base ever!

(I mean TMZ visitors)

uncloned21
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Anybody see this yet? John Mayer, who has such panty dropping hits as "Body is a Wonderland", seems to be seriously pushing Ron Paul to his actor buddy (can't think of his name) on this TMZ video.

It looks like they'd been out drinking and waxing politically when this video starts and John is doing the same type of Ron Paul selling that I do on a Saturday night after a about 7 or 8 tequila shots.

Check it out:

now you have to answer why you were on TMZ?

kickzman
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Just have him play waiting for the world to change!

spivey378
10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
its the apple kid from the show ED, not j. shwartz

Santana28
10-16-2007, 01:19 PM
no way... thats totally j. schwartzman. there were a few guys there who looked familiar... maybe you're thinking of another one... whats his name?

Elwar
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Good ol' drunk Ron Pauling...

I spent the evening last night drinking and watching Ron Paul videos online with my friend who came over. After searching YouTube videos, watching on the TV I changed the page to freeme.tv

Elwar
10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
He was good in that movie "That thing you do"

Johncjackson
10-16-2007, 01:29 PM
that is definitely Justin Long ( He's in Ed, Jeepers Creepers, Mac commercials, and supposedly Drew Barrymore).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0519043/

Jason Swartzman really doesnt look like that. No one here has seen Rushmore, huckabees,etc?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005403/

Mikakaze
10-16-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah, not jason schwartzman...but still funny

bbachtung
10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
It is the kid from Ed and the Apple commercials (his name is Justin Long).

Here's a line-up (first is Justin Long; second is the dude from Rushmore):

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/dress_mac_01.jpg

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/premiere_photo/20050905/20/975231661.jpg

John Mayer classic quote: "Read the Constitution . . . Ron Paul knows the Constitution."

saku39
10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
This will be the only time I will actually cheer on John Mayer. . .

I didn't think it was possible.

Green Mountain Boy
10-16-2007, 01:37 PM
LOL... i can't believe i am actually thinking positively of John Mayer right now. I typically shudder whenever anyone mentions his name or i hear his horrible horrible music....

He can actually play some mean blues...saw him play with Buddy Guy at Austin City Limits on TV. I'm not a big fan of his regular music though.

tnvoter
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM

Check it out:

hahah is that the macintosh guy?

Elwar
10-16-2007, 01:46 PM
It's that guy from the movie "Accepted" (bunch of kids that don't get into college make up a fake college so that their parents give them tuition money)

pretty funny movie

ronpaulitician
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Are we certain this isn't farce?

reaver
10-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Four words:

"Ron Paul" - John Mayer

Blowback
10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Rushmore is one of my favorite movies of all time.

If you haven't seen it... then go rent it or something.

brandon
10-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Haha, this is me every friday night. Nothing like drunk, passionate, political preaching. lol

goRPaul
10-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Can we digg it?

Roxi
10-16-2007, 02:12 PM
EMAIL HIM NOW and tell him to go public with his endorsment!

john@johnmayer.com

jonahtrainer
10-16-2007, 02:19 PM
hahah is that the macintosh guy?

Here we go: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HKRzIaFw8V8

The guy he was talking to was also in Live Free or Die Hard. Pretty good job and probably what the nation will look like when our Federal Reserve system implodes!

werdd
10-16-2007, 02:21 PM
John mayer is actually a really good blues player, his pop is pretty shitty though

JoshLowry
10-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I think I may go buy a John Mayer cd. :D

werdd
10-16-2007, 02:25 PM
i emailed him at mailto:john@johnmayer.com

SpicyItalian739
10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I think I may go buy a John Mayer cd. :D

get Continuum

Seriously, he does play a mean blues geetar

As a John Mayer fan, I'm definately going to have to email him.

axiomata
10-16-2007, 02:36 PM
He needs to write about Ron Paul on his blog (he's made some good/funny observations on there before). I'd prefer that over drunken ramblings.

paulpwns
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
the actor guy played the doctor in Idiocracy. Amazing movie if you haven't seen it.

Philly Dave
10-16-2007, 03:15 PM
the actor guy played the doctor in Idiocracy. Amazing movie if you haven't seen it.

I posted about this in the Philly Rally thread a little while ago.

I am not a huge Mayer fan although I do like his guitar playing. But the Waitin' on the world to change song is not bad IMO. The lyrics (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnmayer/waitingontheworldtochange.html) fit particularly well with the way many of us feel these days.

Could that song be for Paul what the Fleetwood Mac song was for Clinton?

speciallyblend
10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
haha good going John, you just introduced Ron Paul to the most idiotic fan base ever!

(I mean TMZ visitors)
My wife is very smart;)
My wife loves to go to that site,so she can deadin her brain,after working on computers all day:)

Adamsa
10-16-2007, 03:49 PM
I think some of John Mayer's music is ok though, the blues stuff is a-ok.

Now that he likes Ron Paul however he just became a legend.

Jojo
10-16-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm waitin'...waitin'...waitin' on the world to change...
That's funny, I heard that song yesterday and thought what are you waiting for! DO SOMETHING!

kylejack
10-16-2007, 03:56 PM
National Ledger reports that the actor is Justin Long, the Mac guy.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272616671.shtml

Adamsa
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
National Ledger reports that the actor is Justin Long, the Mac guy.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272616671.shtml

He is also that guy that dies that painful death at the end of Jeepers Creepers isn't he?

Anyway, a Ron Paul concert with John Mayer would be great!

Question_Authority
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I want to email John Mayer, but I want to give him a contact for the Philly rally. Who would that be? Name, email please.

I think he should play there!

IowaSupport
10-16-2007, 04:03 PM
With this we'll finally up the number of chicks supporting RP.

Andrew76
Once again, I don't wanna be the party pooper, but from my perspective it looks like they're just playing around. Listen to what they're saying, "I'm sayin' Ron Paul." "I'm saying Paul Wolfowitz." "I'm talkin about Ron Paul!" "I'm talkin about Condoliza." etc. etc. Perhaps there was an actual political debate going on, or perhaps they knew there'd be TMZ camera's out front and they thought they'd have a laugh. Anyone who's seen the John Mayer show... don't ask me how/why I have, knows that the guy actually has an extremely sarcastic sense of humor, and ... hell, is actually a pretty funny guy. Me, no fan of his music.

I'm just hard pressed to find any kind of "support," for Ron Paul here. It seems like they're drunk, goofing around, and giving sport to the paparazzi surrounding them. Then again, I could be way wrong. I'll hold my breath until John Mayer actually comes out as a Ron Paul supporter... as he should! :D

And yeah, that guy is most definitely not Jason Schwartzman.

kylejack
I want to email John Mayer, but I want to give him a contact for the Philly rally. Who would that be? Name, email please.

I think he should play there!

Oh wow..........

austin356
10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
now you have to answer why you were on TMZ?

Real question x2

tarmactrr
10-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Once again, I don't wanna be the party pooper, but from my perspective it looks like they're just playing around. Listen to what they're saying, "I'm sayin' Ron Paul." "I'm saying Paul Wolfowitz." "I'm talkin about Ron Paul!" "I'm talkin about Condoliza." etc. etc. Perhaps there was an actual political debate going on, or perhaps they knew there'd be TMZ camera's out front and they thought they'd have a laugh. Anyone who's seen the John Mayer show... don't ask me how/why I have, knows that the guy actually has an extremely sarcastic sense of humor, and ... hell, is actually a pretty funny guy. Me, no fan of his music.

I'm just hard pressed to find any kind of "support," for Ron Paul here. It seems like they're drunk, goofing around, and giving sport to the paparazzi surrounding them. Then again, I could be way wrong. I'll hold my breath until John Mayer actually comes out as a Ron Paul supporter... as he should! :D

Came in to say the same thing. This was DEFINATELY a joke. Mayer does stints like this all the time. (from apology vids from red rocks, to running a hostage situation on the phone in NYC by a paparazi person) I seriously doubt he'd be for Ron Paul seeing as he's a big global warming, Al Gore guy.

steph3n
10-16-2007, 04:15 PM
really do think this was a staged event. He did it because he knew it would make the internet big time, look for a RP body slam in the next few days on his blog.

NewEnd
10-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Fake!!!!

rp08rp
10-16-2007, 04:25 PM
cheers

axiomata
10-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Fake!!!!
I'm starting to get suspicious as well. He does pull tons of pranks.

jd603
10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I disagree, he also says "Ron Paul supports the constitution and I'm with that guy" , also, alcohol is a truth serum and he's apparently drank a lot of it here,,, which is why there is no real debate just names being shouted, this is standard drunken behavior that I have plenty of experience with. :)

QWE
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I think that is Justin Long, the Mac ad kid.

I did however just see Wes Anderson and Jason Schwartzman yesterday. I should have asked if they support Ron Paul, lol...

werdd
10-16-2007, 04:36 PM
im gonna hold my breath, but it does appear this is just drunken sincerity

Geronimo
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
He's not much not much of a singer, and an even worse spokesman.

If he's really into Ron Paul then he and Adam Curry oughta get together.

Maybe if John Mayer and Willie Nelson play together in Phillie they can bill the show as..

"Willie and the Mayer Meet Thomas Jefferson"

jd603
10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
TMZ's article calls it a fake tirade. TMZ is also big media though, so their opinion means nothing at all.

I hope someone can verify if this is authentic or not! I'm leaning towards honest drunken ramblings though and not an act.

Roxi
10-16-2007, 05:08 PM
i don't know maybe it is a stunt, but he sure sounds like hes sincere... I have seen that look before, i have heard that speech before, i have seen drunk ron paul fans, this is what they act like

I emailed him what i thought was an AWESOME email requesting an official endorsement at least on his blog, so if he does it we will know

aknappjr
10-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Fake; the sound quality is way too good. Its a TMZ publicity stunt (why else would they yell out TMZ at the beginning).

maxmerkel
10-16-2007, 05:37 PM
maybe a fake - i think he's making fun of dr. paul

0zzy
10-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Drunk has hell,
but at least he's for the Paul! :)

I like him, good music.

Nathan Hale
10-16-2007, 07:39 PM
i counted mayer, justin long, jeffrey ross, and a few others there

jd603
10-16-2007, 08:40 PM
YouTube is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPCkMSTH9A

How could this be a publicity stunt? He's not making fun of him. We were all raised to believe that the constitution meant something, therefore even if it is a stunt it certainly isn't one that will hurt Ron Paul.

I think these guys were just drunk. I know when I'm arguing with someone drunk I wouldn't care if someone said "hey thats TMZ".

Oh and the TMZ guys wear TMZ caps I believe, so you know when they are around. Also, they wouldn't have called it a "fake tirade" in their article for this video if it was a PR stunt, they'd get way more out of it pretending it was real then announcing it was a stunt weeks after.

DrNoZone
10-16-2007, 09:04 PM
I love Mayer and his music. All the more reason to love him!

Seth M.
10-16-2007, 11:06 PM
i emailed him at mailto:john@johnmayer.com

As did I...
:D

jcbraithwaite7
10-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Now.. if we could just get video of him explaining Ron Paul's positions to Jessica Simpson we could figure out how to simplify his message for the masses. A girl who thinks buffalo's actually have wings if she can understand what Ron Paul stands for then that would be a breakthrough!

kylejack
10-16-2007, 11:28 PM
It looked staged by Mayer to me...They move TOWARD the cameras, get right up in front of them, and then start talking about Ron Paul and Condi.

Seth M.
10-16-2007, 11:38 PM
It looked staged by Mayer to me...They move TOWARD the cameras, get right up in front of them, and then start talking about Ron Paul and Condi.

Support? lets see here...

http://www.newsmeat.com/fec/bystate_detail.php?last=Mayer&first=John

So who knows his zip? :D

amakris
10-16-2007, 11:39 PM
E-mailed john@johnmayer.com and asked him to call the Tonight Show and see if he could player on October 30th to coincide with Ron Paul's appearance.

UCFGavin
10-16-2007, 11:42 PM
sorry guys, but john mayer is a cool guy. listen to him on the radio, download some of his john mayer trio, and watch some of his clips from his show.

the guy is a chill dude and is genuinely funny.

Seth M.
10-16-2007, 11:45 PM
E-mailed john@johnmayer.com and asked him to call the Tonight Show and see if he could player on October 30th to coincide with Ron Paul's appearance.

Oh that would be sweeet!