PDA

View Full Version : Can Ron Paul bring pro-life and pro-choice to the discussion table?

hard@work
10-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Something I've been pondering for a while. We know Dr. Paul is converting and "reforming" Democrats in huge numbers. Many of them have a common theme when it comes to the abortion "issue". My question is this:

Do we finally have a candidate that can bring both camps to the discussion table?

Also, if so how? How can the nation benefit? Should we promote this idea? Remember this is a painful issue for all of us. Healing the nation here would be a mammoth task.

JMann
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
The nation can benefit by coming to a reasonable negotiated agreement and moving forward. This issue as been around all my life and it is just as annoying today as it was when I was a kid.

The problem is the power brokers in pro-life and pro-choice crowds don't want a solution because they would be out of work.

hard@work
10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
The nation can benefit by coming to a reasonable negotiated agreement and moving forward. This issue as been around all my life and it is just as annoying today as it was when I was a kid.

The problem is the power brokers in pro-life and pro-choice crowds don't want a solution because they would be out of work.

I agree with you 100% on that last statement.

TheIndependent
10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm personally on the fence about the abortion issue (personally pro-life except in emergency circumstances and personal violation), but I respect Paul's advocacy of bringing it back down to the states.

I'd rather have 38 of 50 either way, legal or illegal, than 1 of 1 going only one way.