PDA

View Full Version : Pat Tillman's father to General: "F**k you & yours"

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-13-2010, 05:50 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/12/pat-tillmans-father-to-ar_n_680128.html

Bruno
08-13-2010, 06:52 AM
Thanks for sharing that. The letters he wrote can be viewed and downloaded from the link as well. Actually worth going to huffpo for. Can't wait to see the movie!

wizardwatson
08-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Whatever happened to "death before dishonor" in the military?

It's just a high risk job I guess to people now, like being a cabbie in New York.

DirtMcGirt
08-13-2010, 08:19 AM
The reaction to this movie will be interesting. Americans love their football and I am sure many fans have not researched the cover-ups of the military on this incident. This film may put Afghanistan and military leadership under the spot light for a few(I us this word jest) news cycles.

jmdrake
08-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Part of the story some don't want to touch:

"You are a General," Tillman's father writes Jones after being presented with a briefing book of his findings. "There is no way a man like you, with your intelligence, education, military, experience, responsibilities (primarily for difficult situations), and rank... believes the conclusions reached in the March 31, 2005 Briefing Book. But your signature is on it. I assume, therefore, that you are part of this shameless bullshit. I embarrassed myself by treating you with respect [on] March 31, 2005. I thought your rank deserved it and anticipated something different from the new and improved investigation. I won't act so hypocritically if we meet again."

"In sum: Fuck you... and yours."

The two letters are worth a read, if only for the insight they provide into how haphazard and mismanaged (deliberately or not) the investigations were. Tillman's father comes off as emotional, for good reason. But the questions he raised -- while conspiratorial in tone -- offer compelling drama (both real life and for the upcoming movie). Take, for instance, the notion that the shooters of his son may have been blinded by the glare of the sunset.

"The shooters were always looking North or Northwest," Tillman's father writes. "Even in Afghanistan, the sun sets in the West - Southwest. How on God's green earth can you add in a "glare factor" looking away from the sun that has set? (P-16) Immediately after the sunset , facing the wrong direction (North vs. Southwest), the glare impaired their vision? Don't you need sun to have glare?"

fj45lvr
08-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Did Pat ever send any correspondence from Afghanistan that was critical of the US operations there before being shot and killed???

Just curious.

jmdrake
08-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Did Pat ever send any correspondence from Afghanistan that was critical of the US operations there before being shot and killed???

Just curious.

I don't know. I do know that his journals were burned.

http://online.wsj.com/article/NA_WSJ_PUB:SB1000142405297020344010457440673214652 0274.html

If this was just an "accidental friendly fire" case, why burn the journals? Did Pat pause between incoming rounds and frantically jot down "WTF? My own men are shooting at me?"

oyarde
08-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Soldiers are better off not keeping journals or taking photos.

sharpsteve2003
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
They Destroyed ALL The Evidence! With NO Criminal Investigation! Pat Tillman's Mom Mary
YouTube - They Destroyed ALL The Evidence! With NO Criminal Investigation! Pat Tillman's Mom Mary pt.1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h_f7Q9QtU8)
YouTube - They Destroyed ALL The Evidence! With NO Criminal Investigation! Pat Tillman's Mom Mary pt.2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJOmHWJO0zI)

tpreitzel
08-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, the interview with Mary actually communicates some details of this tragedy.... a "lust for killing". Our government continues exposing itself to the masses as a chronic liar and this documentary will expedite the process.

squarepusher
08-14-2010, 07:37 AM
wow, this could change big pro military sentiment in the "heart land"

Fredom101
08-14-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm amazed that people are amazed that the government lies and covers things up.
They are the government. They steal your money and mass murder people in the middle east. Everything they do is via violence or the threat of violence. They lie? Oh, shocking!