PDA

View Full Version : question for y'all

heavenlyboy34
08-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Have the great works of the liberty movement (Mises, RP, Rothbard, Hayek, etc) been translated into Russian? If not, I will make that a future project in hopes of a better, smarter, freer world for all of us.:o:)

Kludge
08-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Not that I'm aware of, but this'd be a great way to help the global liberty movement. Hope you'll take it up HB. Sounds like a great, purposeful way to use your time and skills.

heavenlyboy34
08-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Not that I'm aware of, but this'd be a great way to help the global liberty movement. Hope you'll take it up HB. Sounds like a great, purposeful way to use your time and skills.

Thanks, Kludge. When I get some work on this project done, I'll keep RPFers posted. :cool:

Old Ducker
08-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Have the great works of the liberty movement (Mises, RP, Rothbard, Hayek, etc) been translated into Russian? If not, I will make that a future project in hopes of a better, smarter, freer world for all of us.:o:)

a) I'm sure they're readily available in russia.

b) Most of those tomes have been around in the US for seventy years and haven't done much to generate a liberty movement here.

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2010, 04:23 PM
a) I'm sure they're readily available in russia.

b) Most of those tomes have been around in the US for seventy years and haven't done much to generate a liberty movement here.

A Wiki search finds translations of Human Action in Polish, Czech, German, and English-no Russian. (this market has a potential for millions of readers who are typically better educated than Americans) In regards to point b-I would argue that these texts have fueled the liberty movement as we know it. If the philosophy of liberty is spread internationally, it seems to me it may turn international favor towards liberty and laissez-faire capitalism, thus putting pressure on the US regime to do the same in order to keep up with "those derned furreners who're takin our jobs".

Many paleocons and republicans already point to China's relative success as an argument against Obamunism. Imagine if the rest of the world could be as successful as China (even more so, if they implement free market economics, actually).

IOW, envy of foreigners' success seems to drive the political class pretty well. Why not exploit this to our advantage?;)