PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Watch Taking the Judge to Task on Unemployment Benefits

Dianne
08-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Mailed this to the judge tonight:

Comments: Judge, I admire you and watch everyone of your broadcasts. I am an original tea party member in support of Ron Paul since 2007.

I do want to mention one thing that disturbs me, and want to tell you my story. I am a 58 year old female that has worked since age of 16. I did own my own business for the past 25 years, and did pay myself a salary, and did pay ss for myself and unemployment benefits. My business was forced to close 1.5 years ago, and I did for the first time draw benefits (which was actually money I paid into the system double as an individual and an employer). As one who enjoyed a six figure income, now I had to learn to live off of $494. per week (my money I put in, not taxpayer money).

I am still eligible to draw unemployment benefits, but a 119 lb, 58 year female; I accepted a position as a corrections officer in a MALE MAX. security prison. After taxes, I earn less per week in this dangerous job then I would sitting at home collecting the unemployment benefits I paid myself over the past years.

So please don't be too heavy handed on those collecting unemployment. In many, many cases it is not taxpayer paid, it is the money the individual paid into the system.

If you ever want to spend a night with me in a maximum security prison, where my only defense is a whistle and pepper spray...... you will not judge so swiftly.

The question is should the US taxpayer pay people to stay unemployed.... NO ..... Should the Federal Government take money from US taxpayers as unemployment benefits, then refuse to give it to them when they are unemployed.... NO

Koz
08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Diane-

I am self employed and pay nothing into any unemployment benefits pool. What is this you are talking about? I am not familiar with it. Maybe we just don't have it in Ohio for self employed persons. Please educate me.

Now onto Social Security, every nickel you have paid into SS over how many years you have been working is already spent. There is nothing in the trust except for IOU's from the federal government. I'm betting they can't pay them back.

My point is that no one should be forced to pay into SS or Medicare or unemployment, because the fools in government are incapable of managing it effectively. Nor is the government effective at managing the economy.

Dianne
08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
When I opened my business, I incorporated. When you incorporate, you as the employer are forced to pay payroll taxes for your employees; i.e., FICA, Medicare, Medicade, Unemployment, SS. So me as the corporation paid those benefits for me and other employees, and me as the employee of said corporation also had those payroll deductions taken out of my check. It's a Fed thing, not a state thing. Matching... corporation and employee match the dollar amounts of the federal gang rape.

TastyWheat
08-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Two comments.

One, if it really was your money then it wouldn't be the government deciding if and when you'll get your unemployment check. I realize you paid into the system, but your money was poorly handled (i.e. already spent) and you are getting paid off of working citizens.

Two, you're probably helping the Judge's case by saying you earn more sitting at home than you do working (albeit in a rather dangerous environment). I'm glad you decided to rejoin the workforce, but many would rather take the easy way out and it's not helping our economy to continually extend the deadline and provide that incentive for people to stay unproductive.

squarepusher
08-13-2010, 12:34 AM
this lady works at a prison, and makes less than $450 per week? in california, prison unions cash out big time, average guards make $60,000, and they get all the pay increase/pension etc I think too. Wonder why there is so much opposition to ending the war on drugs?

maybe she lives out of Cali.

roho76
08-13-2010, 03:47 AM
I opted out of my Unemployment for myself through my business. There are forms for that. Check at the local Dept. of Labor.