PDA

View Full Version : Ron would get 13% in 3 way race against Romney and Obama?

sailingaway
08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/2010/08/poll-itics-rand-the-spoiler/

" New numbers from Public Policy Polling show Paul winning 13 percent of the vote in a hypothetical three-way general election contest with President Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R).

In that match-up, Obama led with 42 percent of the vote to Romney’s 36 percent. Paul polls third with just 13 percent of the vote, but appears to peel away some significant support from Romney."

Sorry, the article says Rand but if you burrow down its Ron. I'll ask that it be moved.

-
It occurs to me, if it weren't PPP, would it be 15%, qualifying him for the debates?

Not saying he'd change his mind about third party, just asking.

Epic
08-12-2010, 06:45 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256887

it's a decent result... but it depends if they labeled RP as "independent" and gave Romney "republican".

I think if RP was labeled "republican" and romney as "independent" it would have been closer.

The bottom line is RP dominates among independents, but he has work to do to get more popular with the larger population. That's the job of the grassroots in 2012. It's not his job. It's ours.

rich34
08-12-2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256887

The bottom line is RP dominates among independents, but he has work to do to get more popular with the larger population. That's the job of the grassroots in 2012. It's not his job. It's ours.

I think the tides of change will continue to drift Ron's way. People thought they were getting real change with Obama, but now they have figured out he's just more of the same. People are looking for real hope and change and to be honest it's only Ron Paul that offers this. He's the "godfather" behind all the teaparty shit sweeping the country right now. We need to help spread the word as you say and finish the game!

Philmanoman
08-12-2010, 08:06 PM
I forget what Ron was polling at before 08 elections...was it like 1-3%?

klamath
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I forget what Ron was polling at before 08 elections...was it like 1-3%? He was showing as an *

rockandrollsouls
08-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Any polls showing how he'd do matched up strictly with Obama?

specsaregood
08-12-2010, 11:38 PM

Only 1 from 5 months ago. Obama42% Paul 41% take wild guess which way eaches numbers have gone in the past 5 months and it become obvious why it wasn't polled again.

cindy25
08-12-2010, 11:43 PM
in any 3 way race one candidate falls apart at the end, usually the 3rd party but not always.

if Ron was ahead of Romney late Oct support for Romney would collapse.

but this depends on the issue; if domestic Romney next president; if its a foreign policy election the anti-war candidate wins, Romney places 3rd

Bman
08-12-2010, 11:53 PM
The only reason for Ron to ever run third candidate is if he could get into the debates, however, since he would be completely ignored in those debate...

sigh

In all honesty this country doesn't need a third party. It's needs a fourth, fifth, sixth, etc.

Kregisen
08-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Only 1 from 5 months ago. Obama42% Paul 41% take wild guess which way eaches numbers have gone in the past 5 months and it become obvious why it wasn't polled again.

And the only reason Ron didn't beat Obama by double digits was because only 66% of Republicans "voted" for Ron in that poll....I'm sure it's largely due to 1/3 of Republicans not even knowing who Ron Paul is.....and yet despite that he only loses to Obama by 1%.

If he really did win the nomination, I wouldn't hesitate to bet $1000 he'd destroy Obama......he has the majority of Independents on his side and he'd have the vast majority of Republicans, along with maybe 10% or so Democrats.

00_Pete
08-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Palin / Paul (father or son) 2012. You heard it here first.

Kregisen
08-13-2010, 12:36 AM

As much as I wouldn't want Rand to be the VP, having Rand in there would garner more Republican votes.....particularly if Ron came out with his VP choice before the primaries even start.

edit: Oh I read your post wrong....thought you said Ron/Rand 2012, not PALIN with either Ron or Rand.

They'd never run with Palin and she'll never win.

amy31416
08-13-2010, 12:44 AM

No way.

I'll bet you $5.

Ron would never run with Palin--Rand...maybe. Either way, she's a moron and a tool of Bill Kristol.

00_Pete
08-13-2010, 12:56 AM
No way.

I'll bet you $5.

Ron would never run with Palin--Rand...maybe. Either way, she's a moron and a tool of Bill Kristol.

"tool of Bill Kristol" :D More like the other way around.

I would bet you 500$ if there was a way we could settle the bet, no problem. :)

amy31416
08-13-2010, 01:02 AM
"tool of Bill Kristol" :D More like the other way around.

I would bet you 500$ if there was a way we could settle the bet, no problem. :)

Okay then... $500.

Bill Kristol might be an asshole neocon, but he's not stupid. Palin is.

00_Pete
08-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Okay then... $500.

Bill Kristol might be an asshole neocon, but he's not stupid. Palin is.

Now you are being a child. :rolleyes:

amy31416
08-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Now you are being a child. :rolleyes:

LOL

Just basing my observations on Palin's own words and actions. I wanted her to be brilliant and principled, but she isn't...why wouldn't I?--I have everything to gain from that.

She's a total fucking moron, and I'd sooner let a monkey represent me.

Kotin
08-13-2010, 01:43 AM
LOL

Just basing my observations on Palin's own words and actions. I wanted her to be brilliant and principled...why wouldn't I?

She's a total fucking moron, and I'd sooner let a monkey represent me.

+1000 if anyone can't see that they may have something in common.. Bill Kristol's father is one of the founders of neoconservatism.. Sarah Palin is a complete imbecile.

cindy25
08-13-2010, 02:54 AM

I can see this happening. The convention is dead locked. Palin offers the vice to Rand in exchange for Ron's delegates.

ticket perfect regional balance, photogenic (and yes this does count)

Isaac Bickerstaff
08-13-2010, 03:19 AM

She ran with McCain.
There is no coming back from that.
Ever.

itshappening
08-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Guys, this is huge. if it held up it would get him into the debates as he is in the margin of error of 15% set by the commission on Presidential debates

He would have to quit the GOP and go nuclear but at his age he may consider he has nothing to lose

rich34
08-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Guys, this is huge. if it held up it would get him into the debates as he is in the margin of error of 15% set by the commission on Presidential debates

He would have to quit the GOP and go nuclear but at his age he may consider he has nothing to lose

I'm with you all the way on this!

Some folks need to realize that Ron wasn't even polling the last time around and was still able to garner national attention despite the fact that the media ignored the hell out of him. This time he'll start with a much stronger national base and a much higher name recognition as verified in these early polls. I swear, anyone that suggests Ron is to old, or shouldn't run I'd think they're working for the other side...

Ricky201
08-13-2010, 06:41 AM

If any lady shall be running with Ron Paul than it should be no other than Mary Ruwart.

jmdrake
08-13-2010, 08:30 AM

A ticket I would not support. And I would be sorely disappointed in whatever Paul signed up for that crap. Besides it would never actually work. Palin is still hawkish on Iraq and Afghanistan. What's going happen when Palin talks about unlimited money for Israeli settlements and "stay the course" in these stupid wars in the presidential debate and (Ron) Paul says just the opposition in the VP debate? Rand might "go along to get along", but that would mean that he would have voted with the Palin views on foreign policy during his two years in the senate and lost my support anyway. No. That would be nothing but a way to completely end the liberty movement as we would break into factions and splinter off. I'd rather stick to some kind of principles and just win a lot of smaller elections then dump all of our principles just to win the VP slot.

jmdrake
08-13-2010, 08:33 AM
I can see this happening. The convention is dead locked. Palin offers the vice to Rand in exchange for Ron's delegates.

ticket perfect regional balance, photogenic (and yes this does count)

If she doesn't change her foreign policy views Rand should politely say no to such a deal and start gearing up to run in 2016.

KramerDSP
08-13-2010, 10:58 AM

Using a specific date range search, I found this on Google:

http://www.americanconservativedaily.com/2007/07/ron-paul-head-to-head-with-clintonobama/

July 27, 2007

The first national telephone survey by Rasmussen Reports of Republican Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential candidacy shows him trailing New York Senator Hillary Clinton by fifteen points and Illinois Senator Barack Obama by twenty.

Overall, the numbers show Clinton getting 49% of the vote when matched against Paul while the Republican hopeful picks up just 34%. Obama leads Paul 50% to 30%.

Rasmussen - July 27, 2007 - Senator Barack Obama 50, Rep. Ron Paul 30

Rasmussen - May, 2010 - President Barack Obama 42, Rep. Ron Paul 41

If PPP and Rasmussen did another head to head match up, could Paul be in the lead this time around? He certainly has the momentum.

paulitics
08-13-2010, 11:36 AM
It's really looking good. The idea of a Ron paul independent run is looking more appealing. Like someone else said, he would certainly poll high enough to get in the debates.

I expect a 20% base minimum, not low enough to ignore.

We can save this country just by bringing the message of freedom to enough young folks. The expolsion on college campuses would be phenomonal. Obama's liberal statists will be outnumbered by true anti-war pro freedom college kids.

Also, the movement would be more inclusive than the tea partiers. The media will not be able to use the race card by showing the crowds of a mainly diverse youth.

The Dude
08-13-2010, 12:16 PM
There's no way Palin the President with Paul as VP. I could maybe, maybe see Rand with Palin but that is a big stretch. The only way Palin is on a Paul ticket is if she is the VP in order to get the christian right/Bush supporters. I can't see Ron or Rand letting her run the country. She is a neocon!

I will support Ron if he runs independent AFTER trying to get the GOP nomination. If he loses to Romney by a small margin, then he actually has a chance. But starting the election as an Independent will do NOTHING. We play to win this time.