PDA

View Full Version : When is the campaign going to start organizing volunteers?

Beerhall Agitator
10-16-2007, 12:26 PM
They need to start setting up phonebanks, getting people to canvass door to door with signs, and galvanize the meetup groups. The time for being frugal with the money is over. Every $1 Paul spends on getting his message out now will come back as $10 in donations.

Santana28
10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Beerhall Agitator...LOL... nice name ;)

Better question - when are we going to do this ourselves? The campaign needs to concentrate on fundraisers and MEDIA. Nearly everyone who is truly exposed to Ron Paul ends up supporting him. Time for massive TV and Radio and Print buys.

Beerhall Agitator
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Beerhall Agitator...LOL... nice name ;)

Better question - when are we going to do this ourselves? The campaign needs to concentrate on fundraisers and MEDIA. Nearly everyone who is truly exposed to Ron Paul ends up supporting him. Time for massive TV and Radio and Print buys.

Yeah, but it would just take one a staff member and a few bucks to get phone banks and canvasses planned and organized in the all the states. all the other candidates have massive volunteer armies directly connected to the campaign. I can understand why they can't get involved with this forum or other meetup groups officially, but they don't have to keep all volunteers at arm's lenght when it comes to planning legit operations.

steph3n
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
there are guidelines for how they organize the volunteers unfortunately, been over this a number of times.

Primbs
10-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I like massive radio buys the best. Many conservatives are on the radio.

You can target the ads by radio host.

Beerhall Agitator
10-16-2007, 12:59 PM
there are guidelines for how they organize the volunteers unfortunately, been over this a number of times.

sorry, i'm new and from what I've seen the meetup groups are just left on their own

Inflation
10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Volunteers don't need marching orders from Ron Central.
We are spontaneous and self-motivating. Who tells the grass to grow?

Santana28
10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
sorry, i'm new and from what I've seen the meetup groups are just left on their own

sounds like you need a better meetup group then. if you want to get active, just do it! don't wait for your organizer to tell you to do so.

If anything, get in contact with the meetup organizer for the largest one in your area (if you are close to a major city) and see if they can pass along some ideas/tips and whatnot. i'm an hour away from the chicago meetup but if there's something going on i try to make it down and help them out. see if they'll do the same for your meetup. etc.

JMann
10-16-2007, 01:03 PM
The people on their own have done a far better job than a national campaign can do. Bottom up is better than top down.

Original_Intent
10-16-2007, 01:03 PM
They have to be careful about how much direction they give from HQ to meetup groups.

Otherwise all of your time and effort has to be reported to the FEC I believe.

I may not have the details exactly right, I do know that there are FEC rules on this kind of thing that will result in a lot of red tape if they aren't careful.

Beerhall Agitator
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Volunteers don't need marching orders from Ron Central.
We are spontaneous and self-motivating. Who tells the grass to grow?

What volunteer has the time of money to say, set up a phone bank in new hampshire with 10 people calling the entire list of registered voters for 8 hours a day. Or purchasing and setting up 10,000 signs to distribute to yards of people willing to support Paul after a massive door to door canvassing effort. Or another example, a moving billboard along the vegas strip would reach thousands from all over the country, and while in vegas it'd be nice to get the Poker Players Alliance endorsement, but Paul will need to back his volunteers up by personally asking for it after they establish the communcation.

JMann
10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
But I’ll tell you what we don’t have time, we need the troops we need the troops we need the troops But I’m telling the folks out in the country. They’re going to come after this campaign with everything they’ve got. Do not wait for orders from headquarters, mount up everybody and ride to the sound of the guns.

-PJ Buchanan
After winning in New Hampshire in Nineteen Hundred and Ninety Six.

Beerhall Agitator
10-16-2007, 01:08 PM
They have to be careful about how much direction they give from HQ to meetup groups.

I may not have the details exactly right, I do know that there are FEC rules on this kind of thing that will result in a lot of red tape if they aren't careful.

I hear ya, and for the most part they should let the grassroots alone. I not saying they're doing a poor job. Hell they're do a superb job, I just think that it'd be smart to organizing some official volunteers like every other campaign. They've been doing everything right in the past and I'm sure they'll continue doing everything right, but I feel my constructive criticism does no harm. This forum is about open discourse, so please set me straight if I am misguided.

Beerhall Agitator
10-16-2007, 01:08 PM

I hear ya, and for the most part they should leave the grassroots alone. I'm not saying they're doing a poor job. Hell they're do a superb job. I just think that it'd be smart to start organizing some official volunteers like every other campaign. They've been doing everything right in the past and I'm sure they'll continue doing everything right, but I feel my constructive criticism does no harm. This forum is about open discourse, so please set me straight if I am misguided.

Beerhall Agitator
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
But I’ll tell you what we don’t have time, we need the troops we need the troops we need the troops But I’m telling the folks out in the country. They’re going to come after this campaign with everything they’ve got. Do not wait for orders from headquarters, mount up everybody and ride to the sound of the guns.

-PJ Buchanan
After winning in New Hampshire in Nineteen Hundred and Ninety Six.

Yes, wee need an all out blitz, the primaries are just around the corner. Spend 4 million immediately paul not just 400,000. 90% of americans don't know your message so use the money to get it out, and every dollar you spend will come back as $10 in donations.