PDA

View Full Version : Penn Jillette talks about why mistrust of government is a good thing

Brian Defferding
08-12-2010, 10:23 AM
http://bigthink.com/ideas/20810

I love this guy.

WaltM
08-12-2010, 10:32 AM
but he thinks conspiracy theories are bullshit

Vessol
08-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Wow, we found a guy who we agree with on anything, but he thinks that 9/11 was not an inside job! WE CANT BE LIKING HIM.

If you think that way, might as well stop posting here, Ron Paul doesn't think 9/11 was an inside job either.

Edit:

And about the article. Well written. I think Penn is becoming a bit of a Voluntaryist too. Talking about coercion and gunpoint welfare.

libertarian4321
08-12-2010, 06:53 PM

Is this supposed to make us like him less?

Wesker1982
08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I think Penn is becoming a bit of a Voluntaryist too. Talking about coercion and gunpoint welfare.

Jillette is an outspoken atheist, libertarian (he has stated that he may consider himself to be an Anarcho-capitalist)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_Jillette

Sentient Void
08-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Penn Jillette is the man. His show also kicks ass.

Oh, and he's an AnCap. He has stated this on his radio show, as well as even publicly as a guest on Glenn Beck ;)

00_Pete
08-12-2010, 10:33 PM
He, like all the "artistic trash", should first tell us about how show business works and what goes on behind the scenes before trying to give anyone leasons.

"Ohhh he is on TV so he knows better than me ohhh" sometimes i agree with our Elite when they say people dont deserve freedom.

WaltM
08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow, we found a guy who we agree with on anything, but he thinks that 9/11 was not an inside job! WE CANT BE LIKING HIM.

No, we found a hypocrite who says distrusting government is a good thing, until he thinks "it takes a special kind of asshole" to distrust the government to the degree in which one believes they did or allowed 9/11.

If you think that way, might as well stop posting here, Ron Paul doesn't think 9/11 was an inside job either.

I don't post here because I'm under any illusion anybody agrees with me on everything.

Edit:

And about the article. Well written. I think Penn is becoming a bit of a Voluntaryist too. Talking about coercion and gunpoint welfare.

anybody is a voluntaryist (or capitalist, or libertarian, or even corporatist) if they're on the right side of it.

WaltM
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Is this supposed to make us like him less?

I didn't intend to make you like him more or less, I wanted to provide information for everybody to consider, for me, I like him more.

WaltM
08-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Penn Jillette is the man. His show also kicks ass.

Oh, and he's an AnCap. He has stated this on his radio show, as well as even publicly as a guest on Glenn Beck ;)

he mocks the anti-immigration movement because he can afford to be immune from immigrants (or benefit from them)

00_Pete
08-12-2010, 10:48 PM
His 911 show is the work of someone who knows EXACTLY what is going on and works for "them". Plain and simple.

Before you take leasons from the "artistic trash" first ask yourselfs why they pretended that the Dave Chappelle´s "bomb dropping" on Oprah and Inside Actors Studio never happened and why nobody says a damm thing about the huge amounts of "wierd" rumours about show business.

Moron trying to give leasons about "libertarianism" when "his" show business is the most corrupted, immoral, monopolized and less free thing on Earth.

I get the impression that some "artistic trash" dont want to fall under the clichéd "liberal artist" category so they claim they are "libertarian"...its all a Public Relations thing...

He is such a libertarian that he has to be reminded that Ron Paul exists:

YouTube - Penn Jillette on Larry King Live Talking About Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATt7dRu2ZqM&p=BC02933625E7B14F&playnext=1&index=31)

How sad this people´s lifes are, actors 24/7...lol...

WaltM
08-12-2010, 10:53 PM
YouTube - Penn Jillette on Larry King Live Talking About Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATt7dRu2ZqM&p=BC02933625E7B14F&playnext=1&index=31)

How sad this people´s lifes are, actors 24/7...lol...

yeah, that's the spirit, never vote until you agree 100% with them

do libertarians even agree 100% amongst each other?

low preference guy
08-12-2010, 10:55 PM
yeah, that's the spirit, never vote until you agree 100% with them

do libertarians even agree 100% amongst each other?

it depends on how you define libertarian. if you define libertarian as someone who agrees with me 100%, then yeah, libertarians agree 100% with each other.

ClayTrainor
08-12-2010, 10:59 PM
he mocks the anti-immigration movement because he can afford to be immune from immigrants (or benefit from them)

That's a bit of a straw man. Are you saying only wealthy people support immigration?

Also, To be fair he mocks pretty much every position that he disagrees with on his TV Show. That's just the style of the show.

No, we found a hypocrite who says distrusting government is a good thing, until he thinks "it takes a special kind of asshole" to distrust the government to the degree in which one believes they did or allowed 9/11.

That's actually a pretty interesting contradiction. If he really believes that distrusting government is the healthiest thing for people to have, than he should really have some sympathy for Truthers even if they're wrong.

johngr
08-13-2010, 05:55 AM

That arrogant, fatuous and pompous ass thinks it's just find to trust big pharma and big agra. Or at least his handlers told him to think that.

Annihilia
08-13-2010, 09:01 AM
He, like all the "artistic trash", should first tell us about how show business works and what goes on behind the scenes before trying to give anyone leasons.

UH, his whole stage show centers around revealing how magic tricks are performed.

Wesker1982
08-13-2010, 09:22 AM
I saw a video blog of him on youtube where he is second guessing his thoughts on 9/11 iirc

Imaginos
08-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Penn is awesome.
Also Gerald Celente said it best on the subject.
According to Celente, "By its very nature, governments are run by people who are sociopaths".
I couldn't agree with him more on this one.

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for posting this!

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Hmmm I didn't like the second segment that much. He was rambling first of all and second of all he kept saying that Obama and Bush were good people with good intentions.

paulitics
08-24-2010, 10:23 AM
One of my least favorite libertarians. Anyone who mocks orgain food, gardening, and small independent famers is not someone I can ever say "He Rules" "My hero" "I love this guy"
I can never imagine Ron Paul would take that position.

He is also a pompous atheist. I don't care if you are an atheist, but stop being a douche about it. It doesn't have anything to do with libertarianism, so he needs to keep his faith seperate.

Matt Collins
08-24-2010, 10:33 AM
He is also a pompous atheist. I don't care if you are an atheist, but stop being a douche about it. It doesn't have anything to do with libertarianism, so he needs to keep his faith seperate.Absolutely. I agree with this. :)