PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Amazing Alan Keyes speech!

JohnEngland
08-12-2010, 08:07 AM
He certainly has good oratory skills:

YouTube - Alan Keys - DC - Tea Party HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6C0bKUAWHw&feature=related)

Stary Hickory
08-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Keyes is definitely one of the most intelligent and talented speakers I have ever heard. The man is not just good at twisting words he actually thinks things through. What amazes me the most is that EVERY word he speaks is calculated and has a deep meaning behind it. Very sharp man, and his speech was dead on.

Going to send this one out the normal channels thanks for posting.

Pericles
08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Should have been the first black POTUS. Supported his run in 2000.

nobody's_hero
08-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Particularly impressed with the way he exposed our current system as the slavery that it is.

johngr
08-13-2010, 05:39 AM
He wants America to continue being Israel's bitch. No different from Bushbama on the warmongering.

teacherone
08-13-2010, 05:57 AM
pretty sweet--

sounds like an anarchist plant though...

Krugerrand
08-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Sometime Keyes can be spot on. Other times he can miss the mark drastically.

Sometimes I feel like his intentions are noble. Other times I seem him as something of a political attention whore.

I just can't pin him down in my mind.

Original_Intent
08-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Definitely the best thing I have heard from Alan Keyes in a while. I really liked him back in 2000 and previous, but later, and particularly in the 2008 campaign, he either said some crazy things or said them in a very "frothing at the mouth" way that really turned me off.

I believe he is largely an ally, but has some bad positions.

Lucille
08-13-2010, 08:07 AM
I was talking about him yesterday. My DH and son went to the QotSA and EODM benefit show in LA last night for EODM bassist Brian O'Connor.

Jesse "Boots Electric" Hughes is a huge Alan Keyes fan (http://www.chartattack.com/features/63808/eagles-of-death-metal-dislike-obama). I wish he'd join the RP r3VOLution.

Obama.
Communist. Or, bad idea.

Wow. Why?
You watch, baby. They said it wouldn't be the truth about Bill Clinton, and it turned out to be true.

Obama has no practical experience whatsoever in the executive . Not even from a philosophical point of view, just in terms of whether he's going to be prepared for this job. It is going to be a shithouse nightmare. Dealing with the office of presidency ain't no small walk in the park. You're managing the entire fucking nation with affairs in 50 independent countries.

[B]Did you vote?
Of course I did.

Did you vote for [Republican presidential nominee John] McCain? Is that my business?
I voted for Alan Keyes. I felt like it was a wasted vote, and maybe I did my hand in getting Obama elected, but I still had to vote my conscience.

I couldn't vote for McCain, but I could vote for Alan Keyes. He's a black dude who wants to eliminate everything. That is rad.

jmdrake
08-13-2010, 08:59 AM
If Alan Keyes would rethink his position on the wars he'd be spectacular. If only... That said, loved the speech. Unlike many people Keyes is consistent. When he talks about "welfare reform" he's just as hard on corporate welfare as he is on individual welfare. Gotta love that about the man.

Lucille
08-13-2010, 09:07 AM
That was a great speech! Love the dog and cat breed comparison re "the phony category of race."

TheTyke
08-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Alan Keyes is a snake who attacked Rand and tried to paint him as pro-abortion. He works against our movement whenever he can. He also claimed he taught Ron about the Federal Reserve, and attempted to take the Constitution Party nomination for the neocons.

Here are a few of the attacks against Rand:
http://loyaltoliberty.blogspot.com/2009/09/bill-johnson-thoroughbred-conservative.html

http://loyaltoliberty.blogspot.com/2010/02/by-endorsing-rand-paul-palin-confirms.html

AlexMerced
08-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I have no idea how he appeals to our movement, he has said some wacky things, his debates with Obama back in the day were pretty amusing when they debated Gay Adoption... if Keyes was consistent, then he'd be against all adoption. (His argument was that gay adoption would lead to incest... that can happen under straight adoption too... it was a bizzarre argument)

Stary Hickory
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Definitely the best thing I have heard from Alan Keyes in a while. I really liked him back in 2000 and previous, but later, and particularly in the 2008 campaign, he either said some crazy things or said them in a very "frothing at the mouth" way that really turned me off.

Well you have to applaud people when they are right. I have no doubt he has serious flaws in his views of foreign policy. But in this instance he was absolutely devastating when criticizing the use of Racism as a political weapon by very unprincipled people.

He is also good when talking about the growth of the state and how it too is a form of slavery. I have never heard him talk about foreign policy but I would not be surprised if he was problematic with his views on that.

Keyes also truly understand the nature of the Federal Reserve which is a rarity amongst even those who say they oppose the FED.

EDIT well it seems he has other "issues" however I still think he is better than your brain dead GOP type. Certainly not a pro liberty guy though, not consistently.

jkr
08-13-2010, 02:35 PM
w()w, id vote for him...

paulitics
08-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Alan Keyes is a snake who attacked Rand and tried to paint him as pro-abortion. He works against our movement whenever he can. He also claimed he taught Ron about the Federal Reserve, and attempted to take the Constitution Party nomination for the neocons.

Here are a few of the attacks against Rand:
http://loyaltoliberty.blogspot.com/2009/09/bill-johnson-thoroughbred-conservative.html

http://loyaltoliberty.blogspot.com/2010/02/by-endorsing-rand-paul-palin-confirms.html

He is a snake. He was Bill Kristol's roomate, who has helped out Keyes' career.

Bill Kristol's father was CIA, and more than likely Bill is too. Red flags should go up, whenever you see Bill Kristol next to someone else.

His principles contradict each other,which is another sign of a liar.

Why anyone can trust this guy is beyond me.

AlexMerced
08-13-2010, 02:51 PM
He is a snake. He was Bill Kristol's roomate, who has helped out Keyes' career.

Bill Kristol's father was CIA, and more than likely Bill is too. Red flags should go up, whenever you see Bill Kristol next to someone else.

His principles contradict each other,which is another sign of a liar.

Why anyone can trust this guy is beyond me.

agreed, I've never seen Keyes talk where he didn't say at least one thing that put me off, I find him Amusing almost in an evil Mike Gravel kind of way.

jmdrake
08-13-2010, 02:55 PM
agreed, I've never seen Keyes talk where he didn't say at least one thing that put me off, I find him Amusing almost in an evil Mike Gravel kind of way.

So what put you off in this speech? Or did you not watch the speech?

AlexMerced
08-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I didn't watch this speech yet, I didn't comment on the speech yet cause I'm at work :), I will when I get home, I'm sure it's not that bad, but I still can't get over how bad he was in that debate with obama of all people.

Stary Hickory
08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
So what put you off in this speech? Or did you not watch the speech?

Hmm I am wondering this too....what could you possibly object to in this speech?

AlexMerced
08-13-2010, 02:57 PM
YouTube - Obama-Keyes Debate on Religion and Gay Marriage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxiVnuFFoI)

AlexMerced
08-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Hmm I am wondering this too....what could you possibly object to in this speech?

again, I havn'tr heard THIS speech yet, but I've seen plenty of other Keyes spots, if it's good I'll say so when I get a chance to watch it... but I'd still be very skeptical of him.

TheTyke
08-13-2010, 03:00 PM
4 out of 5 days I agree with everything Glenn Beck says, but he's still out to ignore our candidates and knife em in the back if they get to be a threat. I agree it's good to praise people when the say the right thing. Let's not fall for them though.

Stary Hickory
08-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I didn't watch this speech yet, I didn't comment on the speech yet cause I'm at work :), I will when I get home, I'm sure it's not that bad, but I still can't get over how bad he was in that debate with obama of all people.

Well as an isolated speech this one is pretty darn good. When Keyes is right he can really hammer the point home. His other views well, I am not expert on them, I have watched like 3 of his clips. I'd rather have Keyes than Obama though. But I'd rather have just about anyone besides Obama so that doesn't really say much about Keyes.

In any case IMO he absolutely destroys the racism mongering from the left. Which IMO we need more of. I have lived my whole life being subjected to it and it was always an evil tool to use against people to divide them. It takes a lot of self reflection and questioning to figure out what they are up to when they use racism in this manner.

GunnyFreedom
08-13-2010, 03:01 PM

This is about identical to me. I also really liked him in 2000 and previous, and I voted for him in the 2000 primary. I also took some issues with him after 2000 and particularly in the 2008 campaign.

I remember in 2000, Keyes was the only candidate even talking about how we need to go back to obeying the Constitution, and I have pretty much ALWAYS been a Constitutionalist, so my support for him was natural.

It's also pretty cool how when the libtards accuse me of racism on account of opposing Obama's policies, I can raise my strong support for Alan Keyes in 2000. If handled correctly, the knee-jerk racists have no good answer for that. :D

I believe that Keyes lost his mind a little bit when his daughter came out of the closet, and that was one of the reasons for him having come off the rails a little bit from 2002 to 2009, but he seems to be slowly coming back to his center now. I still have issues with his misconstruction of Rand's policies and his misbegotten interventionist stances on foreign policies, but he is WAY WAY closer to us than most any Republicans, and I am betting that once he finds his center again he will be malleable on some of his more improper positions.

Stary Hickory
08-13-2010, 03:02 PM
4 out of 5 days I agree with everything Glenn Beck says, but he's still out to ignore our candidates and knife em in the back if they get to be a threat. I agree it's good to praise people when the say the right thing. Let's not fall for them though.

Well I agree, I never just trust anyone, nor do I defacto say someones speaks for me. I can have views in common or share much of the same values. Limbaugh is also a good speaker, and when he talks about the problems and hypocrisy of the left he is really good, however when he whips out his pom poms and starts cheering for the GOP he is quite a nuisance.

GunnyFreedom
08-13-2010, 03:07 PM
YouTube - Obama-Keyes Debate on Religion and Gay Marriage

Remember also that this happened right after his daughter came out of the closet, and was therefore at the height of him going a little bit nuts over that. Not to excuse it, but I do understand why he was so affected during this video.

Stary Hickory
08-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Remember also that this happened right after his daughter came out of the closet, and was therefore at the height of him going a little bit nuts over that. Not to excuse it, but I do understand why he was so affected during this video.

Well keys is religious, and this is going to make his view on things like Gay marriage and abortion over the top for many. I am not pro abortion at all, but recognize the question is when does life really begin. I never really take anyone who has a hard line view on this very seriously, because they don't know anything more than I do about when life starts.

I don't mind people having views like Keyes but they should not use coercive government force to impose it on people, if they want to voice it fine, you may try and convince people that their actions are irrational and harmful,. just don't stick a gun to their head its hypocritical.

AlexMerced
08-13-2010, 03:12 PM

fair enough, I don't know, my sister came out a few years ago (thought we all knew it all along) and we just kept loving her just the same.

I think it bothered her mom (different mom... I'm purto rican :p) quite a bit cause she extremly catholic, me and dad where all good.

I don't know, I really just never understood the HATE for gays

I can understand the religous non-approval, but never understood the HATE

Stary Hickory
08-13-2010, 03:15 PM
fair enough, I don't know, my sister came out a few years ago (thought we all knew it all along) and we just kept loving her just the same.

I think it bothered her mom (different mom... I'm purto rican :p) quite a bit cause she extremly catholic, me and dad where all good.

I don't know, I really just never understood the HATE for gays

I can understand the religous non-approval, but never understood the HATE

I don't get the hate either. It bewilders me. I don't think it's really a healthy lifestyle but neither is eating fast food. However I am always respectful and courteous and well really I just don't make much of it.

Fozz
08-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Sometime Keyes can be spot on. Other times he can miss the mark drastically.

Sometimes I feel like his intentions are noble. Other times I seem him as something of a political attention whore.

I just can't pin him down in my mind.

He is an attention whore, a neocon, and a birther. He interrupted Ron Paul at one of the 2008 primary debates.

The Liberty movement needs to STAY as FAR away from Keyes as possible.

JohnEngland
08-13-2010, 04:17 PM
YouTube - Obama-Keyes Debate on Religion and Gay Marriage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxiVnuFFoI)

Wow! Keyes destroyed Obama there. Keyes is discussing philosophy and reason that is usually beyond the heads of most people.

As a Catholic who has spent a little bit of time studying natural law, Keyes' argument made total sense. I suppose Obama can't help but not understand if he has never come across this philosophy.

Obama's argument relies on emotion and a simple understanding of equality, whereas Keyes' argument relies on objective truth and natural law.

JohnEngland
08-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Well keys is religious, and this is going to make his view on things like Gay marriage and abortion over the top for many. I am not pro abortion at all, but recognize the question is when does life really begin. I never really take anyone who has a hard line view on this very seriously, because they don't know anything more than I do about when life starts.

I don't mind people having views like Keyes but they should not use coercive government force to impose it on people, if they want to voice it fine, you may try and convince people that their actions are irrational and harmful,. just don't stick a gun to their head its hypocritical.

Regarding abortion, I'd recommend:

Embryo - http://www.amazon.com/Embryo-Defense-Robert-P-George/dp/0385522827/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281738057&sr=8-1

and

Defending Life - http://www.amazon.com/Defending-Life-Against-Abortion-Choice/dp/0521691354/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281738084&sr=1-1

carlos1215
08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
big mouth self absorbed hypocrite...

claims to be pro-life but supports the terror bombing of Arab children...

pro-Israel fanatic Christian-Zionist...Harvard roomates with neo-con cap regime William Kristol....

doesnt like Ron Paul either

Keyes is a Black Beck....fuck him

Humanae Libertas
08-13-2010, 06:49 PM
I've always been skeptical of Keyes - He always comes off to me as a Neo-Con shill. Sure he says some good things like repealing the income tax, but his stance on foreign policy and pro-federalism regarding social issues, shows his true colors.

cindy25
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Alan Keyes wants a military draft, and reparations for blacks.

http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/culture/education/volunteerism/328-Alan-Keyes-Should-Know-Better-National-Service-the-Hallmark-Dictatorship