PDA

View Full Version : Schiff plans to run against Lieberman

boneyard bill
08-12-2010, 01:22 AM
OK, admittedly he didn't make a firm commitment, but he went as far as you would expect anyone to go only one day after losing the primary. Peter Schiff explained all the things that had been gained by his Senate run and pointed out how it positioned him well for a 2012 run against Lieberman. And he pointed out that Lieberman is currently unpopular in Connecticut and will have to run again as an independent. Schiff delayed too long in getting in to the race this year and was further tied down by pre-existing business commitments. It looks like he's already positioning himself not to make that mistake again.

YouTube - Schiff for Senate final thoughts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJxB4VMVXM&feature=channel)

Imperial
08-12-2010, 02:03 AM
He will have a tough primary; the word on the street is that the Republican Governor of the state will run for the Senate.

Romulus
08-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Schiff just need to get into a high-profile debate with these guys. I support Peter, he's too valuable to be wasted. We need him in politics and we need him to be highlighted in the media, at any cost.

G-Wohl
08-12-2010, 08:16 AM
He will have a tough primary; the word on the street is that the Republican Governor of the state will run for the Senate.

Rell?

She doesn't have a chance. She's unpopular in CT. It would actually work in Peter's favor because she is even more to blame for our fiscal problems than Blumenthal is.

K466
08-12-2010, 08:20 AM
This time he will run a much better campaign, I expect. I'm glad he's seriously considering it. We need to start saving up for it now...

Nathan Hale
08-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Schiff for Senate 2012!!!!

johnrocks
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I wish he'd move to a State that he has a better chance in or perhaps run for a House seat, we need people like him there too.

Daamien
08-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I wish he'd move to a State that he has a better chance in or perhaps run for a House seat, we need people like him there too.

No, he's Connecticut's and we're not sharing! ;)

Disconsolate
08-12-2010, 03:21 PM
2012 a big year for liberty?

Let's hope so :).

boneyard bill
08-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Rell?

She doesn't have a chance. She's unpopular in CT. It would actually work in Peter's favor because she is even more to blame for our fiscal problems than Blumenthal is.

I would have thought that she would have run this year if she was going to run. I can't see where sitting out two years would help her.

My concern would be Lieberman. He lost the Dem nomination in 2006 so he can't expect to win it in '12. He won as an independent in '06, but he had the backing of the White House and RNC. It will be tougher winning as an independent in '12 so I think there is a strong incentive for him to switch to the GOP. If it turns out that his vote is the one they need to organize the Senate, they will court him furiously.