PDA

View Full Version : Are all the people complaining about fundraising maxed out?

theseus51
10-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I was just curious if everyone who complains about fundraising, and who always ask everyone else to "donate more", if they themselves are maxed out?

I personally am not, but never complain about fundraising numbers.

steph3n
10-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I am maxed out for myself, but not by FEC guidelines :D I will be giving when I can, was disappointed only 6 donors in my zip code prefix area.

ronpaulhawaii
10-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Yes, I've been wondering the same thing.

Even the great fundraising idea posters could be more careful in the wording of their post...

my2¢

runderwo
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
What if I thought I was maxed out, and the campaign thought so too, sending me a refund check for overage, but my employer in the FEC listing shows less than the maximum (in approximately the amount that I was refunded)? :confused:

tnvoter
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Excellent question. :)

hopeforamerica
10-16-2007, 12:24 PM
What if I thought I was maxed out, and the campaign thought so too, sending me a refund check for overage, but my employer in the FEC listing shows less than the maximum (in approximately the amount that I was refunded)? :confused:

Did you donate all at once? Anything less than $200 at a time doesn't get reported to the FEC? I'm not sure.

Sematary
10-16-2007, 12:39 PM
I was just curious if everyone who complains about fund-raising, and who always ask everyone else to "donate more", if they themselves are maxed out?

I personally am not, but never complain about fundraising numbers.

Wouldn't that depend on what you consider "maxed out"?
Some people are maxed out per FEC reg and some people are simply broke and cannot contribute more because they don't have it.

chowda
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm maxing out as fast as I can... I'm using ad revenue from ronpaulgraphs.com to help accelerate the process. I should have my first $100 check from google by the end of the month...

I don't think you need to be maxed out to try and get others fired up to give more.. When some of us don't have money to give we can give energy and ideas instead.

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
57972-64A98568FR151040J

jmdrake
10-16-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm maxing out as fast as I can... I'm using ad revenue from ronpaulgraphs.com to help accelerate the process. I should have my first $100 check from google by the end of the month...

I don't think you need to be maxed out to try and get others fired up to give more.. When some of us don't have money to give we can give energy and ideas instead.

Good for you! I know that Google prohibits you from soliciting ad clicks so I'll do ti for you. EVERYBODY CLICK ON THE GOOGLE ADS AT RonPaulGraphs.com!

:)

Regards,

John M. Drake

DaronWestbrooke
10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Maxed out three new credit cards which not only maxed out my primary limit but also more than maxed out my ability to pay those cards off.

TheIndependent
10-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Guess what? Another $100 goes in from me after work. Got paid.

I can't think that maxing credit cards and going into debt is in line with a fiscally conservative policy. :/

DaronWestbrooke
10-16-2007, 01:41 PM
I can't think that maxing credit cards and going into debt is in line with a fiscally conservative policy. :/

Think of it this way, if elected, Dr. Paul will eliminate the income tax. It is an investment with a much greater payoff than the interest you are paying.

runderwo
10-16-2007, 01:42 PM
I maxed out a few hundred at a time and with revenue from ronpaul2008store.com as well, and then a huge lump sum right before the end of Q3. Thought I had accounted for all of it, but I shrugged when I got a check back. But now it seems weird that it would show less than the max if they sent me a refund (theoretically based on the notion that their records showed more than 2,300)

chowda
10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
In the interests of transparency :)

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_danb_donations.png (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/danb_donations.html)

chowda
10-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm going to get another $200 before the end of the month... and try for $500 for each of the next two months... even that won't put me at the max... but that's more than my car payment :)