Hunter 1

None/ no opinion 9

Ibgamer
10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
How is Huckabbee still up there?

FreedomLover
10-16-2007, 11:47 AM
How is Huckabbee still up there?

My guess: after his second place finish at Ames, the msm took that as an indication of him being top of the second tier, so they started discussing him more.

robatsu
10-16-2007, 11:52 AM
My guess: after his second place finish at Ames, the msm took that as an indication of him being top of the second tier, so they started discussing him more.

I'd agree with that, the Ames poll has really had a long tail for him. Because, other than the Jared/Subway schtick, there is nothing memorable or distinctive about the guy, and nothing newsworthy has happened in his campaign since iowa.

Bob Cochran
10-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I sure hope the primary VOTES are vastly different from these poll numbers.

specsaregood
10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I sure hope the primary VOTES are vastly different from these poll numbers.

I think they will/can.

1. If we have 3times the percentage turnout (supporter that actually votes) for Ron Paul voters vs. other candidates. Which I think is very doable since EVERYONE has noted that his support is more solid and more "rabid" that alone can give us a 15% showing.

2. Add new voters and cross-over voters

With this poll, I would surmise we could turn out with 15% of the vote if the primary was tomorrow. That puts us in contention with Fred and only under Giuliani (whom I think will have a lower turnout rate than the others).

We are not in a position to win YET, but we are getting closer by the day.

kylejack
10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd agree with that, the Ames poll has really had a long tail for him. Because, other than the Jared/Subway schtick, there is nothing memorable or distinctive about the guy, and nothing newsworthy has happened in his campaign since iowa.
Well, he's also performed well in the debates. People frequently compliment him on his debate appearances. I must admit, he is rather charismatic, and if you were looking for a pro-war alternative to the front runners, he's probably the most attractive candidate. He also appeals to a lot of liberals.

But without money, we'll be sinking his battleship soon.