PDA

View Full Version : Gutfeld tells beck about idea for gay bar next to ground zero mosque

JacobG18
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
http://www.breitbart.tv/gutfeld-tells-beck-about-idea-for-gay-bar-next-to-ground-zero-mosque/

this was pretty funny

Ekrub
08-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't think it's that funny, but they would have to put up with it if someone chose to do that.

I don't like how Beck called it a "World Trade Center Mosque." Very misleading.

TonySutton
08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
So the people who otherwise treat gays with disdain now want their help fighting against the mosque. I honestly do not find it funny at all. I think they should open an evangelical church next door. Let the zealots fight their own war.

oyarde
08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I saw that last night.I think it was unwise and poor taste.It is pretty much what Gutfeld does for a living though if you have ever watched that "Red eye" show.I think that is the name of it , maybe on around 3:00 am.That said , he probably has the only show in America after midnight with much viewership.

BetaMale
08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Red eye is a great show and the ratings beat many primetime shows on the other "news" networks.

Greg was making a joke and it was funny, jeez, everyone gets so worked up these days...

oyarde
08-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Red eye is a great show and the ratings beat many primetime shows on the other "news" networks.

Greg was making a joke and it was funny, jeez, everyone gets so worked up these days...

Normally , on his show , they do make alot of jokes.I know his show has good ratings.I am not really sure he was joking about this.The reason I think it was unwise for both of them is they probably have viewers that may take offense to it.

pcosmar
08-12-2010, 02:37 PM
So the people who otherwise treat gays with disdain now want their help fighting against the mosque. I honestly do not find it funny at all. I think they should open an evangelical church next door. Let the zealots fight their own war.

Then build a titty bar right between them.
Let them find common ground.
:p

johngr
08-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Maybe if one of the rump robbers meets the man of his dreams at the gay bar, the couple can go next door and demand them to hold the marraige ceremony at the mosque.

lester1/2jr
08-12-2010, 04:59 PM
If i was a gay muslim I don't think I'd like to go to a gay bar next to a mosque

oyarde
08-12-2010, 05:06 PM
If i was a gay muslim I don't think I'd like to go to a gay bar next to a mosque

Yes , I think that is right.

low preference guy
08-12-2010, 05:08 PM

Do openly gay muslims exist? If so, the bar could be a success. Otherwise it'll be a waste of money.

j6p
08-13-2010, 08:35 AM
It's seems that Beck has no problem with the mosque, but yet says, he does have a problem with it. WTF is that suppose to mean? Yet he doesn't explain, why he has a problem with it. Even though he states on national tv, that he does have some issues, with it. You can say the same thing about a baptis church in the south. It's really telling Beck and the rest of the necons dislike this because it's a MOSQUE.

oyarde
08-13-2010, 02:56 PM
It's seems that Beck has no problem with the mosque, but yet says, he does have a problem with it. WTF is that suppose to mean? Yet he doesn't explain, why he has a problem with it. Even though he states on national tv, that he does have some issues, with it. You can say the same thing about a baptis church in the south. It's really telling Beck and the rest of the necons dislike this because it's a MOSQUE.

I do not care about the Mosque.Property rights.They own it , they can build on it.At the same time , they had to know that they would be stirring the pot with many New Yorkers and could have chose to build elsewhere and did not.

oyarde
08-13-2010, 03:00 PM

I am not sure if these " neocons " you speak of dislike it because it is a "mosque" or if they dislike the teachings that may go on in the building.If you ask somebody if they own something should they have the right to do what they wish with it? , I think everyone would say yes.

AuH2O
08-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Gutfeld is just pointing out the hypocrisy . . . when they say "promote tolerance" what they want is tolerance of others for them. They are in no way prepared to soften their beliefs to be more tolerant of Americans, or Jews, or homosexuals.

And of course, that also assumes they really do want to "promote tolerance," and not actually stick a thumb in the eye of New Yorkers or encourage violence against themselves for political gain, or some other nefarious ulterior motive.

Liberty4life
08-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Everything they do is designed to piss of regular Americans.

They are trying to kickstart a revolution, from all the antics by
the president to the building of a mosque near ground zero.

Don't fall for the misleading reasoning the msm feeds you.
The msm is also against the free thinking American, EVEN FOX.

They are bought and paid for by the power elites trying to shove
NWO down our throats.

Now how can a second civil war be a benefit to them.
For some reason they need an excuse to apply martial law.

All our military is overseas, who would enforce martial law?

They can scream "OMG OMG its a revolution we need NATO troops"

nobody's_hero
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I do not care about the Mosque.Property rights.They own it , they can build on it.At the same time , they had to know that they would be stirring the pot with many New Yorkers and could have chose to build elsewhere and did not.

This. From the government-vs.-people perspective, the mosque builders have a right to put it there, as it is their property, and government can't dictate for them not to without infringing upon the freedom of religion.

From the people-vs.-people perspective, that's another and more complex matter. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you can do something and reasonably expect no one to have a problem with it, and speak their minds about it.

Example:

I am free to wear my pants so low that my butt-crack shows.

It is unreasonable for me expect that my grandpa will not say something about it if he sees me with my pants sagging.

Of course, I have the right to tell my grandpa to go screw himself, but usually I just pull my pants up when I go visit for Thanksgiving dinner.

(that is not to suggest that New Yorkers are on the whole the 'grandpas' of the mosque builders; but rather to suggest that freedom of action does not automatically grant immunity from criticism, or jokes, for that matter)

Rothbardian Girl
08-13-2010, 05:14 PM

He keeps ranting that the group/imam responsible for the building of the mosque has some connections with radical Islam. He is apparently trying to use this shaky fact (I haven't heard any allegations of this kind from anyone else) to justify his position.

I have already stated my opinion on this (I am not opposed; it is the builders' property). Some people oppose this because it does happen to be a mosque and not a church, and those are the people that really irritate me with their hypocrisy.

oyarde
08-13-2010, 05:33 PM
He keeps ranting that the group/imam responsible for the building of the mosque has some connections with radical Islam. He is apparently trying to use this shaky fact (I haven't heard any allegations of this kind from anyone else) to justify his position.

I have already stated my opinion on this (I am not opposed; it is the builders' property). Some people oppose this because it does happen to be a mosque and not a church, and those are the people that really irritate me with their hypocrisy.

I am not opposed due to property rights.At the same time I will not be suprised to find out this Imam is just another one of these Sharia law pushers , and or has ties to radical organizations/ money.

MelissaWV
08-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Good points have already been made, but if you take the joke at face value, it does make you wonder.

These same people going on and on about how sacred this place is, how near to Ground Zero, how it's virtually a tomb for all those people whose ashes may even be a part of the building that's be changed/demolished for this Cultural Center... those same people would use a "gay bar" as a weapon in a culture war against the Muslims.

First off, I wouldn't attend that bar. The entire notion that homosexuality is only really useful when it's offending away some evil religious baddies is revolting. If it were there, next to a place of worship (and I'm being vague on purpose, because I believe if you built a gay bar next to a strict Christian Evangelical type church you'd get the SAME RESULT), the bar would be more likely to be vandalized than most, and its patrons to be harrassed. It's not a good idea.

Second, how sacred it is to argue over this in such a juvenile, moronic way? If there were going to be a problem with building mosques in the area, the time to argue about it and try to get laws in place was beforehand. The Republicans I see opposed to it say things like "I have no problem with the mosque itself, just build it further away!", which implies that there is a quantifiable buffer zone around Ground Zero where there should be no mosques. Okay? So why not buy up that land or have made a law about it to that effect? Don't say "because that would be insensitive," because it would all come to the same thing, except we'd be arguing hypotheticals rather than a real business being developed.

It has all the class of a fistfight in a cemetary.

j6p
08-14-2010, 07:27 AM
I am not sure if these " neocons " you speak of dislike it because it is a "mosque" or if they dislike the teachings that may go on in the building.If you ask somebody if they own something should they have the right to do what they wish with it? , I think everyone would say yes.

It's telling that neo-cons dont mind building a church on there land, but if it has to do with a diffrent culture, they get all up in arms about it. Maybe they should put a gay bar in front of a Baptist church and lets see how they would react.

jmdrake
08-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Actually this Mosque is being run by Sufists which is the Muslim equivalent of Unitarians. They'd likely welcome a gay bar and invite those who went to the bar to their Mosque. Maybe this is some "ploy" by the Muslim world to show how tolerant they are by conning the west into building a gay bar next to the most gay friendly strain of Islam. ;) As for pcosmar's strip club idea, don't forget all of the supposed 9/11 hijackers went to strip clubs the week before the attacks. But those were Salafists and wouldn't be caught near a Sufi mosque.