PDA

View Full Version : A Statement on Freedom

AlexMerced
08-11-2010, 11:53 AM
When we are born, we are born free, there is nothing limiting the imagination or the realm of possibility until the institutions around us create them. Despite any government, despit any institution, once you shatter those limits you are free once again.Although it's up to your actions and education to be able to free others. Government is only the most violent of institutions in preventing this from happening, but every institution is created to restrain individual freedom in essence by creating physical or intellectual barriers on the imagination.

- Alex Merced

osan
08-11-2010, 04:18 PM
When we are born, we are born free, there is nothing limiting the imagination or the realm of possibility until the institutions around us create them. Despite any government, despit any institution, once you shatter those limits you are free once again.

Up to here, you're doing great.

Although it's up to your actions and education to be able to free others. I don't quite see this. Could you elaborate?

Government is only the most violent of institutions in preventing this from happening

Typically, I would agree.

but every institution is created to restrain individual freedom in essence by creating physical or intellectual barriers on the imagination.

- Alex Merced

Here you are off the rails a bit. This is so for many "institutions", but to state it categorically is strongly over reaching. Just my plugged nickel's worth.

AlexMerced
08-11-2010, 07:25 PM
[/B][/I][/I]Up to here, you're doing great.
I don't quite see this. Could you elaborate?

Typically, I would agree.
[I][I][B]

Here you are off the rails a bit. This is so for many "institutions", but to state it categorically is strongly over reaching. Just my plugged nickel's worth.

Yeah, I got a little overpontificatory (made up word), to sum up what I meant...

Freedom is the Awareness that you Could, Virtue is understanding if you Should
- Alex Merced