PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff Video blog released - final thoughts

JackieDan
08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
YouTube - ‪Schiff for Senate final thoughts‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJxB4VMVXM)

Michael P
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Wow he is going to run again in 2012!!!! I went from being a little sad to very happy.

Schiff 2012!!!

malkusm
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Ummm....for someone who's "not sure" if he's going to run in 2012, he sure does talk about it for a long, long time.

Michael P
08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Ummm....for someone who's "not sure" if he's going to run in 2012, he sure does talk about it for a long, long time.

He is going to run, you can tell.

JackieDan
08-11-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm also sure he will run. He will make an announcement 6 months from now. :)

Bergie Bergeron
08-11-2010, 10:50 AM
2012 baby !

Lucille
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
So happy to hear he's considering running against Lieberman in 2012! I think he can win it too! (Even so, I'd still prefer him in the Paul Administration!)

The media blackout was a huge problem for Peter, as was McMahon's riches. I also believe had Simmons not been on the ballot, he would have beat McMahon.

But I am afraid McMahon will NOT beat Blumenthal. (Schiff would have.) If McMahon loses, will she run again in '12?

AdamT
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Nice Peter. Lieberman needs to go down hard!

itshappening
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Schiff the Front runner!!

he said exactly what I was thinking. This is respectable and puts him in a good position for 2012

He really needs to call out Q-PAC and query their methods and standards.

K466
08-11-2010, 11:18 AM
It's obvious he will seriously consider it. I just hope no big republican names jump in for this race... other than Schiff of course.

If McMahon looses, I don't foresee her spending another $50 million on the seat.

itshappening
08-11-2010, 11:26 AM
She might if the powers that be reruit her to block Schiff....

they need a front runner in 2012 to stop him. Schiff needs to work behind the scenes and keep that support.

he came 2nd in 4 Congressional districts beating the other "big name" in the CT GOP, that is one place away from first

IF it was between Schiff and Simmons he could win or at least be in striking distance which will generate momentum, support, money...

Baptist
08-11-2010, 11:45 AM
It's obvious he will seriously consider it. I just hope no big republican names jump in for this race... other than Schiff of course.

If McMahon looses, I don't foresee her spending another $50 million on the seat.

Yeah, I think that Peter would be hesitant to enter the race if another Republican with a.) huge name recognition or b.) tons of money, also entered the race.

Brian4Liberty
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
A run against Lieberman will be great.

Unfortunately, even if Peter wins the Primary, that doesn't guarantee the media will pay attention. Look at John Dennis vs. Nancy Pelosi. The media pretends like there isn't an election going on.

economics102
08-11-2010, 11:55 AM
The thing that always has impressed me most about Peter during this campaign, especially in the final month or two, is how positive and optimistic he is. He's clearly a glass-half-full kind of thinker, and I think that optimism and positive energy and enthusiasm is a big part of why we wound up at 23% and not 15%.

Brian4Liberty
08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I think that Peter would be hesitant to enter the race if another Republican with a.) huge name recognition or b.) tons of money, also entered the race.

The best technique that the establishment has is to add candidates. They lose when there are only two candidates. When they have three or more, they split up the "protest/anti-incumbent" vote.

Look at California. Carly Fiorina was looking like a loser. They added Tom Campbell to the race (late in the game they got him to switch races) to guarantee Fiorina's win. They did it to Hostettler in Indiana too. And Peter of course.

Jordan
08-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I hope he isn't serious about running again.

If he can't come closer in an anti-establishment year, then the next election cycle will prove to be an even worse bloodbath.

Besides, even if he were to win, as a republican, it would only be until the next election (that would probably swing back to Dem) and he'd be gone for good.

Connecticut is probably the second worst state to target, right behind California.

Aratus
08-11-2010, 12:40 PM
what makes you all think either the war or the economic malaise will disapear by january of 2012???
if anything, folks will be even more PO'ed at D.C if things are equally lousy in less than two years time.