PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts from here

LukeP
08-11-2010, 06:50 AM
As someone who donated money and phone banked I just wanted to share my thoughts now that the race is over.

I think that one thing that made it a very unusual and difficult race is that Peter really didn't have a broad platform. I know that he would say everything starts with economic freedom but he mainly had one message which was the economic one. I do believe he put it very well. He did answer questions on all issues when asked about them but his platform mainly consisted of only the economic issues.

I know that Peter spent a lot of time, energy and resources running and I truly believe he was running to win. That said I don't entirely feel sorry for him now that he has lost. In my mind his campaigning will probably bring him hundreds if not thousands of new Connecticut brokerage clients as in many ways his campaign was like a big advertisement for his economic advice.

I'm not trying to be negative about it. I'm glad I participated and don't regret it but I would just say to people not to feel sorry for Peter. We all should just move on with our lives, I'm sure that he will.

JackieDan
08-11-2010, 06:58 AM
In my mind his campaigning will probably bring him hundreds if not thousands of new Connecticut brokerage clients as in many ways his campaign was like a big advertisement for his economic advice.

I never saw him making commercials or advertising about his brokerage firm. I do believe however that more will read his books. I don't see anything negative with that.

I mean sure, he might gain more clients but we cannot blame him for that. Remember, if he would win the race that means his career suspends for six years. He never bought himself into this campaign unlike Linda McMahon who spent $24 million. Sure, he kicked-in some money to support our efforts, but that's nothing to compare with other candidates.

How many times did you hear him say: "euro pacific capital" in the debates?

K466
08-11-2010, 06:58 AM
He might pick up a few extra clients but not enough to cover the costs of the campaign. Can't wait till his next vblog.

brandon
08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
He might pick up a few extra clients but not enough to cover the costs of the campaign. Can't wait till his next vblog.

A million dollars? He could make that up with just a few new large clients. I think it will definitely be a positive ROI for him.

brandon
08-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Plus how much of the money he raised is unspent?

SilentBull
08-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Plus how much of the money he raised is unspent?

I don't believe he had any money left actually. That's why he was still trying to raise money up until the last couple of days to keep the radio ad on the air.

K466
08-11-2010, 07:25 AM
A million dollars? He could make that up with just a few new large clients. I think it will definitely be a positive ROI for him.

Who knows. He spent $1 million plus he spent millions of dollars of time. I don't think he ran to pick up more clients.

I don't believe he had any money left actually. That's why he was still trying to raise money up until the last couple of days to keep the radio ad on the air.

I think you're right.