PDA

View Full Version : Think the Attacks Can't Possible Get Any Lamer?

RonPaulFanInGA
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
The AP takes up the challenge and damn if they don't pass with flying colors:

http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Fancy-Farm-upset-with-Paul-100407994.html

specsaregood
08-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Lol.

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 10:12 PM
yawn

sailingaway
08-10-2010, 10:14 PM
That Halely is a twit. "misleading'?

But Rand needs to not use color at the expense of a local icon. He was heckled mercilessly by the bused in union workers and I understand had a sore throat as well, so I can see where his impression might have not been the best this time, and he was discussing the shenanigan part of Fancy Farm, but watching the whole thing on CSPAN, I thought Fancy Farm was wonderful Americana.

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Rand might call the priest and apologize. That won't hurt him.

sailingaway
08-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Rand might call the priest and apologize. That won't hurt him.

Yes. You heard how they loved their tradition in the opening part of Fancy Farm. they wanted the world to enjoy it as much as they did. Or he could remember something he really liked about Fancy Farm, and mention that next time some big interview asks him about the event.

BamaFanNKy
08-10-2010, 11:02 PM
"Have you heard about my lord and savior Aqua Buddha." It's not like Rand said that.

sailingaway
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM
"Do you know my lord and savior Aqua Buddha." It's not like Rand said that.

BamaFan, I don't think he did anything 'wrong', but now that he knows he hurt their feelings, it is so easy to be thoughtful, and if he shouldn't be thoughtful of his constituents....

I mean, the reason the folks in Ron's district adore him isn't because they are one and all constitutional conservatives, it is because he is an amazing congressman for them. I'm sure Rand will be an amazing Senator, as well. And in something this easy to do, why not start now?

BamaFanNKy
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Um... the guy in the story is a donor to the democrats.

sailingaway
08-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Um... the guy in the story is a donor to the democrats.

To be truthful, I didn't know that about him. Still, it is so LITTLE to be gracious. He doesn't have to apologize, then, since the anti-Rands want to turn every response into yet ANOTHER news cycle, but he could make a point of saying something nice next time.

BamaFanNKy
08-10-2010, 11:12 PM
True. Because the people of St. Jeromes are mad about that and not Jack Conway's position on abortion and cursing.

I get your point but, in the grand scheme..... it's a democrat donor.

sailingaway
08-10-2010, 11:12 PM
True. Because the people of St. Jeromes are mad about that and not Jack Conway's position on abortion and cursing.

I get your point but, in the grand scheme..... it's a democrat donor.

did you hear them being mad about abortion? I've heard not a peep, granted I get it from the internet.

BamaFanNKy
08-10-2010, 11:13 PM
did you hear them being mad about abortion? I've heard not a peep, granted I get it from the internet.

That's my point. Fake outrage for the AP.

I'm hitting the sack.

TTYL.

Matt Collins
08-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Wilson said. “It’s the perception that we just have a bunch of rowdy, beer-drinking folks there, and that’s a perception we don’t want at St. Jerome.”

Too late for that! I've never been but that's the perception that I have of the place from hearing about it the last 3 years.

wgadget
08-11-2010, 06:20 AM
You ain't kidding the attacks are lame...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/10/1770233/rand-paul-gq-report-that-he-kidnapped.html

low preference guy
08-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Rand apologized. Fancy farm guy said he appreciates it and "it's water under the bridge".

TheDriver
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Rand apologized. Fancy farm guy said he appreciates it and "it's water under the bridge".

I don't know why he apologized. Both of these Conway supporters were drinking (alcohol) before and after the speeches!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/42947978_16440d83c8.jpg

BenIsForRon
08-11-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think this an AP story.

But what an incredibly pointless story it is...

jct74
08-12-2010, 12:20 AM
I came across 2 AP stories on this "controversy" that were so completely biased its unbelievable. Both of them make out the event to be some sort of quaint little church gathering when in reality it is a gigantic food festival with lively crowds that typically tops 10,000. The articles don't even mention "Fancy Farm" by name, they just repeatedly refer to it as a "church picnic" and a "church fundraiser". It technically is those things but those 2 terms alone without further explanation don't do it justice and it makes Rand look like a loon for his characterization of the event.

KY church angry at Sen. candidate's picnic remarks
(AP) – 1 day ago

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Kentucky Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul has angered a small-town church by saying he and other politicians at the parish's fundraising picnic over the weekend were worried about having beer being thrown on them.

Paul told conservative radio personality Sean Hannity Tuesday night that the picnic at St. Jerome Parish in western Kentucky Saturday was wild, partisan and that people boo the politicians. He also said they worried beer and other objects would be thrown at them.

The picnic does not serve alcohol because it illegal in the community. Nothing was thrown.

Parishioner Mark Wilson called for Paul to retract the unflattering comments. He said they might discourage families from attending in the future.

The picnic has been a good fundraiser for the parish for 130 years.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g6WndIsooUhMFcWx6fq1-pMKlFvwD9HGVQC01

Paul apologizes for disparaging church picnic
(AP) – 14 hours ago

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Republican Rand Paul has apologized for saying he worried beer would be thrown at a church picnic he attended last weekend in western Kentucky.

The U.S. Senate candidate issued the apology Wednesday through a statement from campaign manager Jesse Benton.

Paul told conservative radio personality Sean Hannity on Tuesday he worried people would throw beer on him at the picnic hosted by St. Jerome Parish in a tiny farming community.

Parishioners complained that Paul's comments created a false perception of the event. Beer isn't served at the picnic, and alcohol sales are illegal in the community.

The picnic is a church fundraiser and attracts Kentucky politicians who want to glad-hand with attendees and deliver stump speeches.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g6WndIsooUhMFcWx6fq1-pMKlFvwD9HHBRF80

revolutionary8
08-12-2010, 03:43 AM
OMG, I came across 2 AP stories on this "controversy" that were so completely biased its unbelievable. Both of them make out the event to be some sort of quaint little church gathering when in reality it is a gigantic food festival with lively crowds that typically tops 10,000. The articles don't even mention "Fancy Farm" by name, they just repeatedly refer to it as a "church picnic" and a "church fundraiser". It technically is those things but those 2 terms alone without further explanation don't do it justice and it makes Rand look like a loon for his characterization of the event.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g6WndIsooUhMFcWx6fq1-pMKlFvwD9HGVQC01

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g6WndIsooUhMFcWx6fq1-pMKlFvwD9HHBRF80

After this comment/articles I wonder a few things:
-why is jct focus on "church picnic"
-is this really an issue, or will people make it an issue?
-tough son of a bitch at a "church picnic"?
-is this some sort of mass media "fighting fire with fire"?
-who started the whole church picnic thing?
-if the media does all the "fighting fire w/ fire", ie, dirty politicking, what are the candidates to do?

bottom line, I am not sure what to think about all of this, but I will try to refrain from any snap judgements.

jct74
08-12-2010, 04:15 AM
After this comment/articles I wonder a few things:
-why is jct focus on "church picnic"
-is this really an issue, or will people make it an issue?
-tough son of a bitch at a "church picnic"?
-is this some sort of mass media "fighting fire with fire"?
-who started the whole church picnic thing?
-if the media does all the "fighting fire w/ fire", ie, dirty politicking, what are the candidates to do?

bottom line, I am not sure what to think about all of this, but I will try to refrain from any snap judgements.

Don't worry about it, just pointing out some media bias, which we all know is biased against Rand anyways. The AP stories made Fancy Farm sound like a quiet little church gathering, when in reality it is a huge event with very raucous crowds when the politicans are speaking. I think the AP characterization of the event makes Rand look kind of like a nutcase for talking about getting beer thrown at him at a church gathering. If you watch video of the event though, you can see where Rand is coming from and that this is no ordinary church gathering.

YouTube - Steve Beshear Fancy Farm speech: Republican view (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze4AVCrqZdw)

revolutionary8
08-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Don't worry about it, just pointing out some media bias, which we all know is biased against Rand anyways. The AP stories made Fancy Farm sound like a quiet little church gathering, when in reality it is a huge event with very racous crowds when the politicans are speaking. I think the AP characterization of the event makes Rand look kind of like a nutcase for talking about getting beer thrown at him at a church gathering. If you watch video of the event though, you can see where Rand is coming from and that this is no ordinary church gathering.

YouTube - Steve Beshear Fancy Farm speech: Republican view (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze4AVCrqZdw)

Yes, I understand completely. I was wondering where they were going with this is all. It seems the "church picnic" is nothing new. I just like to avoid boomerangs, and as I recall it was Mongardio that went after the "church picnic"?
Am I right?
I am just trying to think ahead is all. ty!

jct74
08-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Allright, well I'm a little bit unsure what you are asking, but don't worry, this is small potatoes.

revolutionary8
08-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Allright, well I'm a little bit unsure what you are asking, but don't worry, this is small potatoes.

they are focusing on "church picnic", who started w/that, I believe it was Conway's opponent. "Tough Son of a Bitch"... where did that happen, and where did the press begin w/ the "church picnic"?

Yes, it is a YAWN for sure, but where the heck this shit comes from is a REAL good indicator on where people are hit in the future, that is the only postitive I can gleen fromt the sity anyway. :)