PDA

View Full Version : Ken Buck Wins!

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 09:08 PM
9NEWS Political Analyst Floyd Ciruli called the race (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=147798&catid=339) in favor of Buck when he surpassed his opponent Jane Norton by 4 percent. Buck had 52 percent of the vote overall with 72 percent of the precincts reporting.

"I will work very hard to apply our constitutional principles and reduce spending," said Buck in a last minute campaign effort. "I am a fiscal conservative who has walked the walk in the past."

If he wins the general election, Rand will have one more ally in the Senate.

libertybrewcity
08-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Sweet! There are only 75 percent of precincts reporting but I would think it's safe enough to call the race.

Mike Lee
Rand Paul
Ken Buck
Sharron Angle (maybe)

A coalition of patriots! Add another to list!

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Sweet! There are only 75 percent of precincts reporting but I would think it's safe enough to call the race.

Mike Lee
Rand Paul
Ken Buck
Sharron Angle (maybe)

A coalition of patriots! Add another to list!

add Clint Didier (maybe)

Fozz
08-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Nice win for Ken Buck, it will be great to have him in the Senate with Rand, Lee, and DeMint.

Fozz
08-10-2010, 09:17 PM
One possible problem though: the general election has a Libertarian party candidate. I don't want any votes to be pulled away from Ken. This is an important race.

brandon
08-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Yea that scumbag Buck will certainly be an ally for Rand. I'm sure the two of them will collude to support many bills that will benefit themselves.

You all are dreaming. No politician is looking out for you.

libertybrewcity
08-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Yea that scumbag Buck will certainly be an ally for Rand. I'm sure the two of them will collude to support many bills that will benefit themselves.

not even Ron Paul?

pshh..okay. We can only hope that a liberty candidate will represent liberty-lovers. I would take Ken Buck over Bennet or Norton any day. Wouldn't you?

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 09:23 PM

If these candidates win the Senate, the NRSC at least won't be fighting against liberty candidates in primaries. It's progress. And if you think Rand isn't a liberty candidate, I bet his voting record will prove you wrong.

libertybrewcity
08-10-2010, 09:24 PM
add Clint Didier (maybe)

yea, i hope so but the primary is next week and the polls show that he has a LONNNNNNGGGGGG way to go though. I'm hoping the campaign pulls through. Rossi has a cool name but sucks.

specsaregood
08-10-2010, 09:25 PM
If these candidates win the Senate, the NRSC at least won't be fighting against liberty candidates in primaries. It's progress. And if you think Rand isn't a liberty candidate, I bet his voting record will prove you wrong.

Don't mind Brandon; he just needs another bowl to mellow himself out.

Way to go Buck, get to D.C. and be a hero, not a douchebag.

Agorism
08-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Too bad Dan Coats beat Hostettler....

brandon
08-10-2010, 09:34 PM
not even Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is 1 in a million. That is what drew me to this movement. If more people were like Ron Paul then I'd believe we really had a chance to turn things around for the better.

The problem is Ron is one in a million.Almost everyone will become corrupted. Even myself. If I was elected to a position of power I would use it to benefit my friends and family. And I'm sure you would too. Ron Paul wouldn't because he is one in a million. Rand and Ken Buck will. Government will never work for the common good because people like Ron Paul are so hard to come by.

Michigan11
08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Buck the Winner, another Liberty Victory!!!!!

YumYum
08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Ron Paul is 1 in a million. That is what drew me to this movement. If more people were like Ron Paul then I'd believe we really had a chance to turn things around for the better.

The problem is Ron is one in a million.Almost everyone will become corrupted. Even myself. If I was elected to a position of power I would use it to benefit my friends and family. And I'm sure you would too. Ron Paul wouldn't because he is one in a million. Rand and Ken Buck will. Government will never work for the common good because people like Ron Paul are so hard to come by.

What you have just said is one of the most honest and truest post ever on this forum. Sad, but true.

hamfistedcrayon
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM
The I-25 corridor votes aren't all in and norton leads there. However, I am hoping for a Buck win!

RonPaulFanInGA
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Pfft. Even Ron Paul ain't that perfect, Mother Teresa. He uses earmarks, probably partially because it helps him gain political support and keep his constituents happy with him.

You know, I don't ask for much. I just want politicians who won't raise taxes, won't vote for gun control, support the U.S. Constitution, will vote to keep spending in check and whom aren't interventionists. That's all I ask. If I wanted someone 100% aligned with my political views; I'd run for office myself.

Fozz
08-10-2010, 09:47 PM
The I-25 corridor votes aren't all in and norton leads there. However, I am hoping for a Buck win!

Jane Norton already conceded.

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 09:50 PM
You know, I don't ask for much. I just want politicians who won't raise taxes, won't vote for gun control, support the U.S. Constitution, will vote to keep spending in check and whom aren't interventionists. That's all I ask. If I wanted someone 100% aligned with my political views; I'd run for office myself.

Stop! That image is preventing "purists" from completing their daily masturbation session!

brandon
08-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Pfft. Even Ron Paul ain't that perfect, Mother Teresa. He uses earmarks, probably partially because it helps him gain political support and keep his constituents happy with him.

You're right. Even Ron Paul is not perfect. I can understand wanting certain people to be in government because they won't fuck you as harshly as the alternative. I just don't see a reason to celebrate when the more easygoing slave owner wins.

Go out and do the best for yourself that you can in this fucked up world. Be proud of yourself. Don't have delusions that some new politician is an altruistic savior that will deliver you your comeuppance.

devil21
08-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I guess the CFL's investment paid off. Let's just hope Buck can walk the walk when he's needed.