PDA

View Full Version : Letís Thank Peter For Running

K466
08-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Schiff spent millions of dollars of time and a million of his own money on this race- and no doubt he did educate some voters. We should thank him for responding to our draft and running. Hereís what I plan to email him:

Dr. Schiff,

I want to thank you for running for Senate this year. Donít be discouraged- you did accomplish something with this run. This liberty movement hasnít finished sweeping the nation yet- itís just beginning. I will vigorously support any future campaigns of yours.

I see you as one of our best spokesmen- you just need a bigger audience!

Thanks for all you do on behalf of liberty,

Matthew M*****.

dannno
08-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Can we get him something nice with a chip-in :confused:

Would have to be something pretty creative for a lot of people to get behind it..

thehighwaymanq
08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Good call! Whats the email

pacelli
08-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Peter reads these forums (or someone on his staff does), so I think this thread would suffice.

Thanks for running Peter. You would have won this thing if not for the RINO robot McMahon. Don't give up on your political aspirations.

Legend1104
08-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah thanks for running. If you would have been running anywhere else (i.e. not against a gogillionaire) you would have won.

GunnyFreedom
08-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks Peter! You were in the toughest race in the nation, against the biggest perpetrator of sheeple-hypnotizing razzle dazzle in America, saddled with a media machine who refused to even acknowledge your existence, and you still pulled out FOUR TIMES the totals Ron Paul got in 2008. in CONNECTICUT!

You kicked butt, and don't let anybody tell you different!

BlackTerrel
08-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Great post K466

What is the email?

Christianlibertarian
08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Thank you for running, Peter. You are the only candidate I've ever donated money to or campaigned for. History will prove that you, and the patriots who voted for you were right, once again.

DFF
08-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Ah..this is just the beginning

Paul-Schiff 2012!

libertybrewcity
08-10-2010, 09:08 PM
He is active on seeking alpha. You shoot him an email if you have an account there.

Thanks Peter if you are reading this:) You are an inspiration to me. thank you for what you do!

Sentient Void
08-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks Peter! You were in the toughest race in the nation, against the biggest perpetrator of sheeple-hypnotizing razzle dazzle in America, saddled with a media machine who refused to even acknowledge your existence, and you still pulled out FOUR TIMES the totals Ron Paul got in 2008. in CONNECTICUT!

You kicked butt, and don't let anybody tell you different!

Fuckin right. Great run Peter - you ran an awesome and motivational campaign and put up a *lot* of dough yourself.

I donated a total of around a few hundred bucks - and even in hindsight, I still would not have taken that decision back.

A LOT more people are exposed to liberty because of you - in CT, no less!

Damn fine job, good sir.

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Ah..this is just the beginning

Paul-Schiff 2012!

Yes. That sounds like a much better VP than smoking-in-restaurants-banning Gary Johnson.

silverhandorder
08-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Lets do our best to support Peter now. He fought a hard battle and had a respectable showing.

surGeon
08-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you for your tireless efforts in the cause of liberty Peter. We lost the battle, but we'll win the war.

tpreitzel
08-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Peter literally came out of nowhere at the convention to receiving nearly 1 out of every 4 votes cast during the Republican primary ... quite amazing really. Peter even had to petition in order to place his name on the ballot which makes his performance in the primary even more amazing. Thanks, Peter!

TomtheTinker
08-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I have thanked you before and I will do so again. thank you for running and along as you continue to be true to our beliefs I will do the same.

Baptist
08-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Thank you for everything you did Peter. I made over 3,000 calls for you because I believed that if you won, CSPAN would become the most watched network on TV.

Peter, I hope that this race taught you a lesson. You have stated numerous times that the people in charge are not evil people purposely trying to destroy our country. You have stated that our country is going down the drain because they are simply idiots who do not know any better. I hope that this election opened your eyes. There was a concerted effort by every media outlet to ignore you. The media screwed Ron Paul out of a 2008 victory and they screwed you out of ANY coverage at all. This does not happen "because they are a bunch of idiots who don't know any better." This happens because there truly are evil people in high up places, and they are more powerful than you realize. I hope that you take the time to research why you were ignored by every media outlet, including Fox News. Once you realize that there are powerful people who are intent on destroying this country, the world will make more sense to you. Once you realize this, you will understand why the price of gold remains so low even though you know it should be skyrocketing. Realizing that there are powerful people who manipulate EVERYTHING will give you greater insight into economics, and will enable you to make even greater predictions. I believe that your dad understands who really runs the show, so maybe you could get into some lengthy conversations with him.

Thanks again for running. You are one of my favorite people. I check your YouTube channel everyday.

brandon
08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Yea you should always thank the people that you gave your money to. Surely Schiff is a selfless servant of whatever political philosophy you follow. People running for office that assert one or two positions we agree with would never be in it for self gain.

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Yea you should always thank the people that you gave your money to. Surely Schiff is a selfless servant of whatever political philosophy you follow. People running for office that assert one or two positions we agree with would never be in it for self gain.

What is this anti-selfishness rant? It's ok to look for one's interests, and in this case, our interested coincided. Schiff, like many of us, also wants to stop the economic collapse.

Specter
08-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Peter,
Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, you have done more to improve me and my wifes life than any TV personality/politician. We are clients with Europac, own gold, read your first 3 books (some 3 times). Now when I watch the news I see past the spin and don't get misslead anymore. I have complete confidence in your predictions and find myself thinking more and more like you. I know I am just one of many.

I look forward to your next Vlog on the economy. Bernake is talking about buying treasuries now.

Ry-Fi
08-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Peter,

Thank you for doing what we ourselves could never have accomplished. I plan to write you a personal letter of thanks later this week. You have no idea the kind of an impact you have had on my life as a young student. Do not be discouraged, if it were not for ambitious people like yourself, I would still hate economics and politics. This movement is real and you have just helped us take the next step forward. Thank you for curing my apathy.

Liberty_Mike
08-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Peter, we are behind you 100%! I am so upset about the outcome, but I guess we couldn't expect much else with Linda spending $22million on the primary alone, and the media shills creating a complete blackout around your campaign. I would have loved to have seen you on CSPAN, but at the same time I can't wait to see you go back out and kick some Keynesian ass on all the financial shows!

JamesButabi
08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Peter what you accomplished in this race is nothing short of amazing. Next time (there will be a next time right?) we will get moving earlier and harder. Im proud of our late surge. I thank you for dedicating your time and resources. Had the cards not been dealt the way they had we may have been able to pull this out.

brandon
08-10-2010, 09:39 PM
What is this anti-selfishness rant? It's ok to look for one's interests, and in this case, our interested coincided. Schiff, like many of us, also wants to stop the economic collapse.

His campaign was nothing but an exercise in ego from the beginning. He is no hero. There is no need to thank him. Look to yourself and see what you can become.

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 09:42 PM
His campaign was nothing but an exercise in ego from the beginning. He is no hero. There is no need to thank him.

Nonsense. He lost money when he could've been making money. He lost a regular spot at a CNBC program which would've exposed him to more potential clients than this run.

Look to yourself and see what you can become.

I already do that, but good advice.

tpreitzel
08-10-2010, 09:47 PM
His campaign was nothing but an exercise in ego from the beginning. He is no hero. There is no need to thank him. Look to yourself and see what you can become.

Nonsense. You should reread some of the comments from people that Peter's knowledge has helped. Sure, Peter had a personal interest in running for the US Senate as did everyone in the country whether they supported Peter or not... including YOU. ;)

Tinnuhana
08-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Thank you, Peter. And that return-the-money-if-we-don't-reach-$500,000 promise, please keep my donation if you have some unpaid expenses.
Some of us at Murphy's even considered coming down for the after-party...but 3.5 hrs drive at 9:30pm, eh?

Jeremy Tyler
08-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Thank you very much Peter for running. I truly appreciate it and hope you eventually run again. I'll be there to support you again.

TXcarlosTX
08-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Gracias chingos Peter!!!

YouTube - ‪(Be*atles) Co*me To*gether - Sungha Jung‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS0QjEeNYpM&feature=fvsr)

Thanks for bringing free market believers come together for a common purpose of educating the people!!!

Brian4Liberty
08-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks Peter! You were right, Kudlow was wrong!

devil21
08-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Good try Peter. 22% is pretty damn good considering the odds against you.

Now get back on CNBC and slam down some pumpers like the old days!

Michael P
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Thank you for running Peter. With more time you would have won.

The Original Gentleman
08-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Think what the Senate could have been like with you and Rand Paul fighting the good fight! Thank you for your educational efforts, and good luck next time. I'll pray for you and your family.

Bman
08-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for making the effort Peter. We are proud of you and look forward to your advise moving forward as a movement to bring America back to being the land of dreams and opportunity.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
08-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Peter answered the call, it's a shame that only 22% listened. Thanks for everything, Peter. You will be vindicated (unfortunately for this country, but you tried to warn them).

Captain America
08-10-2010, 11:42 PM
such a shame you didn't get the ticket. please don't let this election discourage you. please run again in the future.

messana
08-10-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm glad he ran. I wouldn't have learned so much about the economy from him otherwise.

WaltM
08-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Schiff spent millions of dollars of time and a million of his own money on this race

Keyword, only a million of his own money.

He spent time no doubt, but any money he spent was from donors, not his own.

Compare that to the winner who spent $20M of her own money.

- and no doubt he did educate some voters. We should thank him for responding to our draft and running. Hereís what I plan to email him:

I forgot, it wasn't his own idea, that's probably why he didn't spend more of his own money.

economics102
08-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Peter, you are a true hero, once again stepping up, as you did for Ron Paul in 2008, to defend this country and the principles of liberty, with an eloquence and effectiveness that few can match.

Rather than say "thank you," which would imply that you did this for us, I will say that I am THANKFUL, as a believer in liberty, that a warrior as fierce as you stepped in to join us in the fight.

I hope you found the campaign rewarding, I'm sure good things have and will come from this despite the election loss.

I also, by the way, think it's worth noting, as a measure of how far the liberty movement has come, that we are disappointed with 22% because it's not a VICTORY, while efforts like the libertarian party in the past are happy to simply get on the ballot and have an "influence" with 2-3% of the vote. Like true capitalists, we are in these things to win, screw 3%!

Anyway, Peter, thank you so much for marching into battle with us. I'm sure we'll be seeing you again soon enough. :p

WaltM
08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Good try Peter. 22% is pretty damn good considering the odds against you.

Now get back on CNBC and slam down some pumpers like the old days!

pumpers? even Lebed who donated money to him?

JackieDan
08-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Just send him a message via Youtube, he reads them.

remember, not comments. You can send a personal message to him

teacherone
08-11-2010, 05:17 AM
this thread is great.

and for the two trolls here... stfu

it is clear by looking at the join dates of many schiff supporters that he brought in fresh new blood to the movement. he is a charismatic and knowledgeable man--

Shiff-- thanks for watering the tree of liberty and getting other to do the same!

JackieDan
08-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Thank you so much Peter!

It has been fun and motivating. I know you did this for the American people! We love you, and remember don't ever think it wasn't worth it, because we just sent a shock wave to Washington with Linda McMahon. Someday, i'm confident, we'll beat them.

I don't see anything negative for what has happened. We have schooled a lot of people, and they're waking up to reality.

With Kindest Regards
Daniel

K466
08-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Great comments here!
Go away trolls, I can’t believe you still think Peter ran for his ego!?!?!?

BTW I was going to email him at this address: pschiff@europac.net

JackieDan
08-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Great comments here!
Go away trolls, I canít believe you still think Peter ran for his ego!?!?!?

BTW I was going to email him at this address: pschiff@europac.net

Are you sure that's his real email address?

brandon
08-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Do none of you know the definition of "Troll"? Just because someone disagrees with the majority opinion doesn't make them a troll.

K466
08-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Are you sure that's his real email address?

Yes.

Here's some of his articles, they all have that email address:

Example 1 (http://www.moneyshow.com/directory/speaker.asp?speakerid=4532D84BF93311D3A5DD00104B96 E7B5)

Example 2 (http://www.321gold.com/editorials/schiff/schiff072010.html)

Brandon,

Disagreeing is fine, but this post is about thanking Peter for running. Commenting about his ego is off-topic and more of a trolling behavior.

brandon
08-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Brandon,

Disagreeing is fine, but this post is about thanking Peter for running. Commenting about his ego is off-topic and more of a trolling behavior.

You're right. I usually leave the threads about Peter alone, but I was a little drunk last night. I'll leave now. Carry on.

wizardwatson
08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Keyword, only a million of his own money.

He spent time no doubt, but any money he spent was from donors, not his own.

Compare that to the winner who spent $20M of her own money.

I forgot, it wasn't his own idea, that's probably why he didn't spend more of his own money.

Well, Peter's just like most everyone else in this regard. "I'm willing to participate as long as it doesn't interfere too much with what I'm trying to do for myself".

At least he didn't snub us like Ventura, and say "I'll see if you guys are really serious in a couple years after I get off vacation, and then maybe I'll run."

Ron Paul's the only person who ever "really" mattered to me in politics, and not because I think he can win, or care if he wins the Presidency. All these other people are clowns compared to him.

Bruno
08-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks for running, Peter!

Ireland4Liberty
08-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Peter if your reading this don't be down. You have educated many minds in CT.

I wish I could have helped better from Ireland.

Aratus
08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
i voted for JOE KENNEDY (I) up here a few months back, and like the rest of the state i was
sorta surprised when Martha Coakley edged past Scott Brown into SECOND PLACE! if we can
look ahead to november of 2010 and then the campaign of 2012, if the GOP unites behind
Linda McMahon and she joins Maine's two senators and our GOP guy as a N.E voting block in
the senate, then i feel the environment will be ripe for the TEA PARTY people as well as the
TEA PARTY EXPRESS people to sternly back PETER SCHIFF if he decides to take on JOE LIEBERMAN!

i expect we are to have cosistantly high unemployment rate, even if we avoid the double-dip.
i expect that the economic doldrums that ultimately loom around the national debt question will not
go away. if once again PETER SCHIFF responds to the call to run for public office, i'd then hope
DAVID ADAMs runs his primary campaign! in two years time Scott Brown has to face we baystaters!
i indeed cannot see how being 'politics as usual' helps along any re-election run by Joe Lieberman.
lets be honest about this. Joe Lieberman is rather like Arlan Spector. He's clearly been in D.C long
enough so that much of the malaise can be directly laid at his feet! --------RUN, PETER... RUN!!!------

low preference guy
08-11-2010, 06:58 PM
His campaign was nothing but an exercise in ego from the beginning. He is no hero. There is no need to thank him.

Brandon, try not to be so obvious in displaying your envy for Schiff.