PDA

View Full Version : Robert Gibbs attacks the fringe losers of the left

Agorism
08-10-2010, 07:14 PM
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/08/10/gibbs/index.html

Glenn Greenwald at Salon described Gibbs’s remarks as “one of the most petulant, self-pitying outbursts seen from a top political official in recent memory, half derived from a paranoid Richard Nixon rant and the other half from a Sean Hannity/Sarah Palin caricature of The Far Left”.

Agorism
08-10-2010, 09:36 PM
bump

someperson
08-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I hope this "incident" enlightens at least a few more individuals, who've been taken in by all of the primitive team-sport garbage. "You may cheer for the team, but you're not on the team."

sailingaway
08-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I wouldn't call the left that. Those he is taking to task are the part of the left we at least agree with on some issues. Personally, I've been hoping that once they see they get nothing out of their top issues from Dems when they are in power (and feel they don't need their wing), some of them might back some of our candidates who at least offer part of the list.

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 09:56 PM
lol @ "Agorism" calling people "fringe losers on the left"

Vessol
08-10-2010, 10:01 PM
If a lot of these liberals would drop the healthcare reform, I'd think that they'd fall in love with Ron Paul..

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
If a lot of these liberals would drop the healthcare reform, I'd think that they'd fall in love with Ron Paul..

I disagree with Ron Paul on a host of issues, but the main reason I support him (to some extent) is because I know that he is an honest person and therefore different from just about every other cog in the political establishment.

Anyone who thinks that healthcare doesn't need reform is living under a rock to be honest. The question is what sort of reform should be enacted. I would have liked to see a compromise between true, radical believers of the free market (there being only one in congress - and even Ron Paul doesn't take free market principles all the way) and liberals standing up for the disenfranchised and exploited majority. The compromise could have attacked the system from both ends: by pulling the rug of subsidy and monopoly protections from under the corporations who control the health-care system while simultaneously placing regulations on them to force them to cover some pre-existing conditions, payment plans for the poor, payment into a fund used for preventive medicine and nutritional/health education as a way for them to pay down on the moral debt they owe society for years of profiteering from the masses with the blessing and protection of the federal government.

Either that or revoke all of the health insurance/hospital conglomerates corporate charters because they are a bunch of assholes and reorganize them into non-profit co-ops run by the people who actually work and manage the various facilities.