PDA

View Full Version : I am growing quite optimistic

G-Wohl
08-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I've been working all the polls here in Fairfield, and only ONE person Ive talked to said they didn't vote for Schiff. he has been getting the most votes of the people I've talked to by a long shot. I think all the new local media has been giving him a big boost, and turnout is very low today.

Michael P
08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
*fingers crossed*

Krtek
08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I really hope Schiff has some some exit polling set up!!

dannno
08-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Still time to make some calls!!

LudwigVonMisoSoup
08-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Let's channel that optimism into calls for Peter and snatch this primary from Liberal Mcmahon

MRoCkEd
08-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Very interesting

Legend1104
08-10-2010, 03:54 PM
well I live in MS and I have not had one person that said they were voting for McMahon.

Legend1104
08-10-2010, 04:00 PM
is peter before simmons on the ballot. If so wouldn't that help. I mean surely someone will come in there not wanting to support mcmahon and just vote for the next person on the list.

One Last Battle!
08-10-2010, 04:01 PM
It looks like we actually have a huge advantage from the lower voter turnout since our voters are more active than the McMahon voters. I suspect Peter will do, at the very least, far better than the polls suggest he would do (if only because we have serious, hardcore supporters out there compared to McMahon).

Keep it up guys, lets see if we can win this!

Ritual Magick
08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Peter was listed 2nd on my ballot this morning (right under Linda). Simmons was 3rd (at the bottom).

Krtek
08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Peter was listed 2nd on my ballot this morning (right under Linda). Simmons was 3rd (at the bottom).

I have been putting stuff like this on Linda's facebook site today, now that I got more tactful they aren't even deleting it!! (I didn't actually crunch any numbers)

------------------

This is a great day, I have no doubt Linda won!! It is statistically impossible for her to lose because she was over 3 times ahead of the margin for error in the last quinipiac poll. I just crunched the numbers and I'd have a better chanc...e of winning the national lottery then Linda losing today. Sorry, I am a statistics nerd.

After we win today, we need to really work hard to make sure we beat Blumenthal though, that will be no easy task. It would disgust me if Blumenthal beat Linda, but I know she has what it takes to beat him!!

-------------------

Beanie_N
08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
^win!

Michael P
08-10-2010, 04:32 PM
is peter before simmons on the ballot. If so wouldn't that help. I mean surely someone will come in there not wanting to support mcmahon and just vote for the next person on the list.

Great point. That will help im sure.

Nathan Hale
08-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Low turnout is a good thing, as McMahon's supporters are mostly disinterested GOP clones. The fact that the polling is so skewed in her direction means they won't show just b/c they think it's a lock.

Legend1104
08-10-2010, 05:31 PM
the peter schiff forum briefly had more viewers than the general topic section.

hotbrownsauce
08-10-2010, 05:46 PM
the peter schiff forum briefly had more viewers than the general topic section.

lol

SneakyFrenchSpy
08-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Meanwhile, one of McMahon's rivals, investor and Tea Party favorite Peter Schiff was sweating, literally, over every vote, as he worked a Middlebury polling station under the hot noon-time sun.

"Are you a Republican?" Schiff called out to one voter before he was even get out of his car. Dressed in khaki pants and a long-sleeved shirt, Schiff didn't seem to mind the humid day, as he successfully persuaded one voter after another to support him.
Carl Niedmann, a 72-year-old insurance broker, arrived planning to vote for McMahon, because, as he put it, "she's got the money and she's winning in the polls." But his heart wasn't in it and after a few minutes chatting with Schiff, he'd changed his mind. "Maybe it's throwing my vote away, but at least I'm being honest," Niedmann said.
Schiff quickly moved on to his next target, Gail Banwell, a high school teacher, who seemed equally eager to hear his pitch, peppering him with questions about how he might build consensus around his conservative ideas. "I went ahead and voted for the guy," she said on her way out. "I liked what he had to say."

http://www.ctmirror.org/story/7226/senategopelectionday

SilentBull
08-10-2010, 05:52 PM
"Are you a Republican?" Schiff called out to one voter before he was even get out of his car. Dressed in khaki pants and a long-sleeved shirt, Schiff didn't seem to mind the humid day, as he successfully persuaded one voter after another to support him.
Carl Niedmann, a 72-year-old insurance broker, arrived planning to vote for McMahon, because, as he put it, "she's got the money and she's winning in the polls." But his heart wasn't in it and after a few minutes chatting with Schiff, he'd changed his mind. "Maybe it's throwing my vote away, but at least I'm being honest," Niedmann said.
Schiff quickly moved on to his next target, Gail Banwell, a high school teacher, who seemed equally eager to hear his pitch, peppering him with questions about how he might build consensus around his conservative ideas. "I went ahead and voted for the guy," she said on her way out. "I liked what he had to say."

Nice! Too bad he couldn't be everywhere at once.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Nice! Too bad he couldn't be everywhere at once.

Ah, but he can says Quantum Physics :p

Hopefully this turns out a lot better than any of us imagined.

Legend1104
08-10-2010, 05:58 PM
"Maybe it's throwing my vote away, but at least I'm being honest," Niedmann said.

I just love that! I get so sick of people saying that you should vote for the lesser of two evils or that I am throwing my vote away if I don't vote a certain way blah blah blah. I think if you vote on principle then you are never throwing your vote away.

XxNeXuSxX
08-10-2010, 06:16 PM
I just love that! I get so sick of people saying that you should vote for the lesser of two evils or that I am throwing my vote away if I don't vote a certain way blah blah blah. I think if you vote on principle then you are never throwing your vote away.

I know. I tell people that's precisely why the country is going down the sh*t because you people think this way. If people actually researched the candidates themselves and understood things outside of rhetoric (which is sadly only 10% of the voters, not kidding).

Registration tests that poll the Constitution and the ACTUAL JOB of senators is a bare minimum to fix this nation. An article by Menand The Unpolitical Animal is very scary that shows the state of voting in this country. All it is a game by elites to control the ignorant mass; because they know outcomes are not the result of issues, but how well politicians can play off heuristics.