PDA

View Full Version : Voted

Jeremy
08-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I was driving to my polling place and I passed two Linda signs and I was like ugggh Pete... you gotta get some signs near polling places. (I work at a school where there was also voting, and none of his signs were near by). But then I turn into the parking lot of the town hall and BOOM, the hugest sign, with it's own table, and it's own volunteer, is right there in front of the door. Perfect. :D The guy hands my some literature and I said "already voting for him." I wanted to talk with him on the way out but he was talking to someone else. Anyway, off to the "victory" rally in Milford.

P.S. - Someone took down one of my signs (and someone else's congress signs) in what I'm pretty sure was public land! :mad:

low preference guy
08-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Anyway, off to the "victory" rally in Milford.

Come on. At least wait for the election result to put quotes around victory.

LudwigVonMisoSoup
08-10-2010, 02:07 PM
How do you think Peter's support was at the polls?

Jeremy
08-10-2010, 02:08 PM
How do you think Peter's support was at the polls?

no idea

But I'm sure that big sign helped a lot in my town. We should get one in each town. :D

Jeremy
08-10-2010, 02:10 PM
By the way, only one other person was voting when I was there, LOL! But it's before 5:00. And the polling place where I work had steady voters.

MRoCkEd
08-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Just voted. No lines.

muzzled dogg
08-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Who'd u guys vote for

Disconsolate
08-10-2010, 02:30 PM
God bless. Wish I had someone here worth voting for like Schiff.

Standing Like A Rock
08-10-2010, 02:37 PM
voted for Schiff... got my parents to too.

i was the only person voting at the polls when i was there... i think there was a small turnout based on the fact that when i went up to the guy that crosses your name off the list, i was the only name on that page that he crossed out

samsung1
08-10-2010, 02:37 PM
4 p.m. Greenwich voter total update

Greenwich has a slightly higher than average voter turnout than the rest of the state, according to data from the Associated Press. Town-wide participation – 16 percent — is about the rate seen in New London, where 16.5 of GOP voters and 15.3 percent of Dems have visited the polls. Statewide, turnout is around 15 percent.

District 8 (Central Middle School) continues to have the highest number of voters among Greenwich’s 12 voting districts as of 4 p.m.

According to unofficial totals from the town, between Republicans and Democrats, the polling place with the highest total of voters is District 8 (Central Middle School) with 425. That’s over 17 percent of its 2,448 registered GOP and Dem voters. District 3 (Western Middle School) continues to see the fewest voters, with 85, or just above 9 percent of its 896 registered GOPers and Dems, voting.

A total of 2,242 Republicans, or more than 16 percent of the 13,448 total registered GOPers in town, have cast ballots at the town’s 12 polling places. For Dems, 1,386 voters, or about 16 percent of the 9,126 Dems registered in town, have voted.

Combining Republicans and Democrats, 3,634, or about 16 percent of the 22,574 registered GOPers and Dems, have voted.

http://blog.ctnews.com/election2010/2010/08/10/4-p-m-greenwich-voter-total-update/

Jeremy
08-10-2010, 02:50 PM
voted for Schiff... got my parents to too.

i was the only person voting at the polls when i was there... i think there was a small turnout based on the fact that when i went up to the guy that crosses your name off the list, i was the only name on that page that he crossed out

what time did you vote? i was probably elsewhere in that building working on computers lol

Daamien
08-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I just voted in Ridgefield with my family at 5 PM (which I'd normally consider a high-volume hour). No one else was voting at the polling station and there were just a few people outside campaigning for things like Probate Judge and for Congressmen. Peter was the only Senate candidate with signs (about 30 of them). When I looked at the voter list to see who had voted on the same page that I was listed on only about 10% had voted.

Oh, and the kicker is that I was wearing my Schiff for Senate t-shirt when I voted (because I had been sitting outside campaigning beforehand) and no one gave me any trouble. I was expecting someone to say I couldn't wear that inside the polling station, hah.

GunnyFreedom
08-10-2010, 03:56 PM
The extremely low turnout is very, very encouraging for Schiff....

Legend1104
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Never thought I would be so glad to see democracy failing.

Legend1104
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Who'd u guys vote for

hahahahaha

Ritual Magick
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
My wife and I voted this morning. There was NO ONE else there when we got there (in Bolton). I wore my Campaign for Liberty t-shirt with no problems. My mom also voted for Schiff this morning too! :)

Disconsolate
08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
My wife and I voted this morning. There was NO ONE else there when we got there (in Bolton). I wore my Campaign for Liberty t-shirt with no problems. My mom also voted for Schiff this morning too! :)
Haha, awesome!:cool:

QueenB4Liberty
08-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I was driving to my polling place and I passed two Linda signs and I was like ugggh Pete... you gotta get some signs near polling places. (I work at a school where there was also voting, and none of his signs were near by). But then I turn into the parking lot of the town hall and BOOM, the hugest sign, with it's own table, and it's own volunteer, is right there in front of the door. Perfect. :D The guy hands my some literature and I said "already voting for him." I wanted to talk with him on the way out but he was talking to someone else. Anyway, off to the "victory" rally in Milford.

P.S. - Someone took down one of my signs (and someone else's congress signs) in what I'm pretty sure was public land! :mad:

haha aw where is the victory rally? My fiance's parents live there.

Standing Like A Rock
08-10-2010, 07:51 PM
what time did you vote? i was probably elsewhere in that building working on computers lol

I was at tootin hills school, not the highschool. i voted around 3 pm give or take an hour.

Jeremy
08-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I was at tootin hills school, not the highschool. i voted around 3 pm give or take an hour.

oh i was at the middle school. didnt know they had more than one polling location... weird

Standing Like A Rock
08-16-2010, 09:15 PM
oh i was at the middle school. didnt know they had more than one polling location... weird

yeah, there are 4 actually