PDA

View Full Version : Peter comments on The Daily Caller piece

Lucille
08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
pschiff
John, like many reporters you try to discredit the accuracy of my economic forecasts by falsely claiming that I have been inaccurately predicting recessions for ten years and finally got lucky. The implication is that I am merely a stopped clock. This assertion is demonstrably false. I have not been inaccurately prediction recessions. I accurately forecast the 2001 recession before it happened. However that recession was shallower then I had expected due to what at that time was unprecedented monetary stimulus supply by the Fed. It was that very stimulus that in 2002 caused me to begin warning about the far more severe recession that this stimulus would ultimately produce.
However, I never placed a date on when that more severe recession would begin until 2006, when I correctly predicted that it would start in either 2007 or 2008. It officially started December 2007. From 2002 until 2006, I correctly warned that the “recovery” then taking place was phony. That it was a bubble that would eventually burst. During that time period I actually described the factors inflating the bubble, and the dire economic consequence that would result once it finally burst. I believe that my forecast of the events that occurred between 2002 and the present are more accurate then those of any other economist. The evidence is there – it is irrefutable. All you need to do is take the time to do your research.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/10/tea-party-candidate-who-never-caught-on-blames-linda-mcmahons-deep-pockets/#ixzz0wDrylytP

Whatever happens today, Peter is still a winner! If he loses the nom, he can run against LIEberman, or run for House, or be a part of the Paul Administration!

Never give up.

K466
08-10-2010, 11:25 AM
or be a part of the Paul Administration!

Never give up.

Think Paul might pick him for Sec. of the Treasury?:cool:

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
We're not starting this discussion again are we?

AuH2O
08-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I know there are huge demographic problems running in CT, and Peter didn't get as much support from the base, but if you want a good example of reasons why Peter is not competitive, it's shit like this.

He's always posting videos and playing on the internet. Today is ELECTION DAY, what in the hell is he doing on his computer composing rebuttals that serve ZERO purpose? Exactly how many vblogs or comments have you seen Rand post? Exactly.

SilentBull
08-10-2010, 11:45 AM
I know there are huge demographic problems running in CT, and Peter didn't get as much support from the base, but if you want a good example of reasons why Peter is not competitive, it's shit like this.

He's always posting videos and playing on the internet. Today is ELECTION DAY, what in the hell is he doing on his computer composing rebuttals that serve ZERO purpose? Exactly how many vblogs or comments have you seen Rand post? Exactly.

I think he responded last night to that, not today. He's speaking to voters today.

K466
08-10-2010, 12:24 PM
How do we even know it is Schiff? Someone else could have wrote it.

Legend1104
08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
He's always posting videos and playing on the internet.

I wonder if he is a starcraft, total war, or WOW fan?

Disconsolate
08-10-2010, 04:14 PM
I wonder if he is a starcraft, total war, or WOW fan?
Starcraft2 is so awesome and I love the notion of liberty on it ;).

Krtek
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Starcraft2 is so awesome and I love the notion of liberty on it ;).

I beat it but then threw it in the garbage a few days later because it was taking up too much of my time and I have problems with self control. The single player campaign was cool though. :)

Disconsolate
08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
I beat it but then threw it in the garbage a few days later because it was taking up too much of my time and I have problems with self control. The single player campaign was cool though. :)
What!!? Omg :(.

I usually only play multiplayer. The new DOTA map for SC2 is pretty fun, and online is insanely fun.

Come over to the darkside of ditching responsibility for video games ;).

JohnRego
08-10-2010, 06:00 PM

:eek: Can I have it? I'll paypal you the shipping costs for it.