PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Ted Stevens (Alaska) has Crashed; Not sure if the survived

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska, who presumably died there this morning in a plane crash (alongside former NASA head Sean O'Keefe), lost his Senate seat to Mark Begich, whose father also died in a shady plane crash in Alaska 38 years ago. The "Bridge To Nowhere" led Stevens to his fate.

Fredom101
08-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska, who presumably died there this morning in a plane crash (alongside former NASA head Sean O'Keefe), lost his Senate seat to Mark Begich, whose father also died in a shady plane crash in Alaska 38 years ago. The "Bridge To Nowhere" led Stevens to his fate.

"There are no coincidences in politics."

angelatc
08-10-2010, 09:33 AM
:( Thanks for the story Bobby.

Stevens lost his first wife in a plane crash that he survived.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 09:35 AM
:( Thanks for the story Bobby.

Forgot a link

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/08/10/2010-08-10_former_sen_ted_stevens_feared_among_passengers_ on_crashed_alaska_plane_report.html

akforme
08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
My neighbor is a pretty hardcore right winger and he was over about a year ago and was just bitching about all the money we're borrowing from china. Then he starts complaining about how Stevens was railroaded and taken out. My response was if he wasn't guilty for this he's probably guilty for something and I'm glad he's gone although not happy with his replacement. He replies that he liked Ted because he brought a lot of money back to the state, to which I replied, well isn't that money we had to borrowed from China?

He changed the subject and never brought it up again.

Rael
08-10-2010, 10:09 AM

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 10:15 AM
think about how many times he has flown in and out of alaska. think about it.

RedStripe
08-10-2010, 10:18 AM
If only he had carpooled with Palin :(

yokna7
08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
...and his house was almost finished. shucks.

johngr
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
If I had an insurance company, there's no way in hell I would indemnify politicians (or their potential politician sons) from plane crashes.

Dojo
08-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Former aide of Sen. Ted Stevens says Stevens was killed in Alaska plane crash - KTUU
http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=12952729

Stevens killed in crash near Dillingham

Posted: Aug 10, 2010 2:03 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 10, 2010 11:17 AM CDT
Also on KTUU.COM
After 40 years, Stevens' Senate career endsby Channel 2 News staff
Monday, August 9, 2010

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Dave Dittman, a former aide and longtime family friend of former Sen. Ted Stevens says Stevens was killed in a plane crash near Dillingham Monday night. Nine people were on board, including former NASA Chief Sean O'Keefe. Five people were killed in the crash, but other identities were not known, nor are the conditions of the survivors.

Late through the night rescue crews were battling bad weather conditions to reach the scene, where Good Samaritan personnel had already made it, said Air National Guard spokesman Maj. Guy Hayes.

A military C-130 and a Pave Hawk helicopter were waiting in Dillingham for the weather to break and reached the site just after 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.

The Air Guard received the call about the crash 17 miles north of Dillingham at about 7:00 PM Monday night.

A woman who answered the phone at former State Sen. Ben Stevens' home said they would not comment.

FAA records show the plane is registered to GCI.

The National Transportation Safety Board is sending a "Go-Team" from Washington D.C. early Tuesday morning to the crash site. An NTSB official said the team is responsible for investigating the most high profile, and catastrophic crashes.

Dojo
08-10-2010, 10:49 AM
FOX now reporting his death

qh4dotcom
08-10-2010, 10:52 AM
FOX now reporting his death

Alaska NBC channel also confirmed it
http://www.ktuu.com/

Sarge
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Why was he in a plane owned by GCI and going to a Lodge they owned. Do you think the press will actually do their job and ask to see if he was paying for the trip on a cable company owned plane and for the Lodging? I doubt it.

Same on the ex NASA guy that died. Had he paid?

Fredom101
08-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Why was he in a plane owned by GCI and going to a Lodge they owned. Do you think the press will actually do their job and ask to see if he was paying for the trip on a cable company owned plane and for the Lodging? I doubt it.

Same on the ex NASA guy that died. Had he paid?

You have to realize that these government employees are getting paid with stolen money, no reason to think they would be moral in another realm...

Rael
08-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Politicians fly more than the average person. So of course they are more likely to be in a crash. No conspiracy need be involved.

Che
08-10-2010, 12:44 PM
here comes conspiracy bullshit..

Perry
08-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I started receiving phonecalls on my answering machine from Fox & Cbs news this morning saying they'd heard that I was friends with Ted Stevens and asking me if I wanted to talk about the plane crash. I thought it was just another political gag when My cousin came over this morning and told me that Ted and Sean O'Keefe had been in a plane crash. That was really bizarre.

Romantarchist
08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
I remember hearing about the "series of tubes" speech when I was a junior in high school and it was like the funniest thing in the world at the time. Later on, after becoming a Ron Paul supporter, I learned the speech was delivered by a man who did a lot of unconstitutional things in the Senate. Despite this, R.I.P. I hope he has been redeemed and that he now knows the error of his ways. Our thoughts and prayers should be with his family and the families of the other crash victims.

Slutter McGee
08-10-2010, 01:03 PM
here comes conspiracy bullshit..

This is what happens when you offend the Reptilian Globalists. I don't know what he did, but one thing we know is that an accident is impossible. THEY control everything. Perhaps he was a half reptilllian and they tired of him. Especially considering that the planned Bridge to Knowwhere is actually a bridge to the Reptilliant plain of existence.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

JK/SEA
08-10-2010, 01:03 PM
fuck stevens. karma finally caught up.

michaelwise
08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Stevens has done too much incredible damage to out nation during his tenure. It's nice to see he's dead but his death should have waited till the new year, when the 0% inheritance tax goes back up to 55%.