PDA

View Full Version : Schiff blames McMahon's deep pockets for poor poll numbers

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Tea Party candidate who never caught on blames Linda McMahon’s deep pockets

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/10/tea-party-candidate-who-never-caught-on-blames-linda-mcmahons-deep-pockets/#ixzz0wCJjApZZ

You would think a guy who predicted the economic crisis of 2008 and the recession of 2009 would have gotten a little more traction among conservative Republicans and Tea Party leaders when he ran for the U.S. Senate.

But Peter Schiff has been so ignored by everyone from Jim DeMint to Sarah Palin to Fox News that on Monday he made the unusual admission for a political candidate that he doesn’t have much of a chance in Tuesday’s primary, when Republican voters in Connecticut choose who will face Democratic Attorney General Richard Blumenthal in the race to succeed Sen. Chris Dodd, a Democrat.

“I’m the best candidate but unfortunately I’m not going to be the nominee,” Schiff said in an interview by phone as he criss-crossed the state in an RV.

He immediately softened his admission of likely defeat.

“I’m not saying I’m not going to win. I can still possibly pull it off. But if I end up not being the nominee, it’s just really unfortunate, because not only am I the only person that can deliver the kind of change that the country needs, but I actually have a better chance of beating Dick Blumenthal,” he said.

Schiff’s slip of the tongue is indicative of the degree to which he is an un-politician. But while he is a political outsider, Schiff does not have the advantage of having a PR-friendly occupation, like physician Rand Paul in Kentucky or former NFL player Clint Didier in Washington. Schiff has spent more than 20 years as an investment advisor, and currently is president of EuroPacific Capital, Inc.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/10/tea-party-candidate-who-never-caught-on-blames-linda-mcmahons-deep-pockets/#ixzz0wCJffAAH

stu2002
08-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Do NOT waste your money or time on Schiff.

Focus on getting Rand elected as he has a real shot unlike Peter S.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-10-2010, 04:37 AM
ohhhh boy here we go.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-10-2010, 04:38 AM

Well since toady is the primary than I don't think this will be much of a problem unless Peter is wrong and he pulls a rabbit named miracle out of a hat.

stu2002
08-10-2010, 04:39 AM
“I’m the best candidate but unfortunately I’m not going to be the nominee,” Schiff said in an interview by phone as he criss-crossed the state in an RV.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 04:43 AM

Wow-how did I overlook that.

I might have to agree with you on this one, Stu.

stu2002
08-10-2010, 04:49 AM
Well since toady is the primary than I don't think this will be much of a problem unless Peter is wrong and he pulls a rabbit named miracle out of a hat.

Yeah--end all of this Bull Schiff.

He is a distraction and recently lambasted Ron Paul supporters for not supporting him more. Ha Ha Ha

KetchupMaster
08-10-2010, 04:55 AM
How about we just stay positive until we see what happens. We only have one more day.

This article is BS, by the way. It claims "Schiff had been predicting recessions inaccurately since the beginning of the decade. But this time he was right."

Specter
08-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Yeah--end all of this Bull Schiff.

He is a distraction and recently lambasted Ron Paul supporters for not supporting him more. Ha Ha Ha

With all due respect, you my friend are an idiot. You take joy in seeing Schiff having trouble... as though he somehow takes away from your pressious Ron/Rand Paul candidates.

I can honestly say that after reading tons of blogs during the 2008 election I came to the conclusion that the Ron Paul followers were idealistic idiots.

You don't deserve Schiff.

Corto_Maltese
08-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Yea stu, we should ignore everyone the media wants us to ignore.

stu2002
08-10-2010, 04:58 AM
With all due respect, you my friend are an idiot. You take joy in seeing Schiff having trouble... as though he somehow takes away from your pressious Ron/Rand Paul candidates.

I can honestly say that after reading tons of blogs during the 2008 election I came to the conclusion that the Ron Paul followers were idealistic idiots.

You don't deserve Schiff.

You respect me as you call me an idiot?
:rolleyes:
I hope the Movement doesn't have a lot of you as members since it will surely fail if that is the case

stu2002
08-10-2010, 04:59 AM
How about we just stay positive until we see what happens. We only have one more day.

This article is BS, by the way. It claims "Schiff had been predicting recessions inaccurately since the beginning of the decade. But this time he was right."

It is hard to stay positive when the man himself says he ain't gonna win the nomination

psi2941
08-10-2010, 05:00 AM

fuck u and rand paul.

modnote nayjevin: *insults reflect poorly

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:00 AM
Wow--lotsa talk this morning already.

Wish it were of a ore Positive nature

KetchupMaster
08-10-2010, 05:01 AM
It is hard to stay positive when the man himself says he ain't gonna win the nomination
We don't even know if he said that. The article makes other false claims. And if he did say it, we don't know how recent it was.

It can't hurt to support him for one more day.

Specter
08-10-2010, 05:01 AM
fuck u, and rand paul.

Beatufiul! I was thinking the same thing.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-10-2010, 05:02 AM
fuck u, and rand paul.

Geez. I don't think we need to say FU to any of our candidates.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:03 AM

C'mon--you are acting the same way as Stu.

Specter
08-10-2010, 05:06 AM
C'mon--you are acting the same way as Stu.

I dont actually think that of Rand Paul. I just wanted to say it to Stu.

However, I am finished with Hannity, Beck, Fox. To me, they showed their true colors by ignoring Schiff.

Does it really matter if Schiff said he wasn't going to win? No. It doesn't change the fact that he went all out to win this election. He is a man of great integrity. And most importantly he is running for office for the RIGHT reasons.

stu2002
08-10-2010, 05:07 AM

Says the new member with 12 or 13 posts.

You cannot even spell beautiful. Are you in college?

psi2941
08-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Geez. I don't think we need to say FU to any of our candidates.

no its just rand paul is a sell out. he supports bombing Iran(yes peter schiff supports that too but changing your views before and after)? u can't just claim your a libertarian and claim your not going to bomb them before he decided to run but then after you start running you sound more like a typical republican.

Second my problem with rand paul, is his the type of person to twist the truth to win. unlike ron paul and peter schiff, they more of a straight shooters.

EDIT: however within jack vs rand, of course the rand is the better candidate but still i feel very uneasy about his word twisting language. in the terms of less or two evils, i would vote for rand in a heart beat however his not like ron paul where i would stop doing what ever and going out of my way to support him by putting yard signs and standing in the freezing Chicago weather waving his sign.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-10-2010, 05:08 AM

However, I am finished with Hannity, Beck, Fox. To me, they showed their true colors by ignoring Schiff.

They all showed their true colors long,long,long before Schiff.

stu2002
08-10-2010, 05:08 AM
no its just rand paul is a sell out. he supports bombing Iran(yes peter schiff supports that too but changing your views before and after)? u can't just claim your a libertarian and claim your not going to bomb them before he decided to run but then after you start running you sound more like a typical republican.

Second my problem with rand paul, is his the type of person to twist the truth to win. unlike ron paul and peter schiff, they more of a straight shooters.

Libertarian candidates are LOSERS in national races. Don't you get it?????

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:09 AM
They all showed their true colors long,long,long before Schiff.

Precisely.

Shout out to Federalsburg!!

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:13 AM

Hard to argue with you on that one, Stu.

Can aonyone name a Libertarian who won a House or Senate race or even came close? (Just Asking)

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:15 AM

How did Pat Buchanan do? That's right, not so great. How many seats do the Paleocons have? Not that many whatsoever. How often do they win? Hardly ever. This is why I hate politics. It is divisive by its very nature.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:17 AM

Can aonyone name a Libertarian who won a House or Senate race or even came close? (Just Asking)

Psi was talking about libertarians, not Libertarians. Another reason I hate politics, goddamn screwed up the word libertarian.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:17 AM
How did Pat Buchanan do? That's right, not so great. How many seats do the Paleocons have? Not that many whatsoever. How often do they win? Hardly ever. This is why I hate politics. It is divisive by its very nature.

Pat did a Whole Lot better than Ron Paul.

2008: Ron Paul got about 1 Million votes in GOP Primary

1996: Pat got 3 MILLION votes in Primaries and WON 2 or 3 states.

stu2002
08-10-2010, 05:18 AM

That's right baby!!! GO PAT GO

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:18 AM

A loser is still a loser.

stu2002
08-10-2010, 05:19 AM
A loser is still a loser.

So you're saying that Ron Paul is a loser??

I know Schiff will be a loser today

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:20 AM
So you're saying that Ron Paul is a loser??

I know Schiff will be a loser today

Are you an ignoramus, of course Ron Paul lost the 2008 nomination, for crying out loud. Care to name how many precious "political" seats the Paleocons currently hold?

stu2002
08-10-2010, 05:21 AM
Are you an ignoramus, of course Ron Paul lost the 2008 nomination, for crying out loud.

Is he a Loser in general?

Pat has had more influence over the voters than Ron Paul

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Is he a Loser in general?

Pat has had more influence over the voters than Ron Paul

Hmmm, where is Pats youth brigade? The only people Pat brought out were the over 55+ crowd who will be dead in 20 to 30 years. Hardly influence...

PSSST; where are your Paleocon University clubs? *crickets*

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Hmmm, where is Pats youth brigade? The only people Pat brought out were the over 55+ crowd who will be dead in 20 to 30 years. Hardly influence...

PSSST; where are your Paleocon University clubs? *crickets*

Not true--many college campuses in 96 has Buchanan Brigades--just pointing out a fact.

Paleo
08-10-2010, 05:25 AM

Does it really matter if Schiff said he wasn't going to win? No. It doesn't change the fact that he went all out to win this election. He is a man of great integrity. And most importantly he is running for office for the RIGHT reasons.

You are suprised that the Mainstreamers ignored Schiff? Did you think they were goin to give him a cookie?

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Hmmm, where is Pats youth brigade? The only people Pat brought out were the over 55+ crowd

when he was in his 20s.

js4Pat=his initials 4 Pat Buchanan

Paleo
08-10-2010, 05:29 AM

Wasnt there an honest to god libertarian congressman from Oklahoma or someplace in the 90s?

itshappening
08-10-2010, 05:29 AM
Schiff should continue his campaign in CT and continue to win them over for a run in 2012 if he loses today

Dick will win the seat and the Republican should have a better chance in 2012 as CT voters may want a balance... and McMahon will have burned through 50 mil for nothing. No doubt though she will probably run again recruited by the powers that be to keep Peter out

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Wasnt there an honest to god libertarian congressman from Oklahoma or someplace in the 90s?

Anyone?

Paleo
08-10-2010, 05:30 AM

Pat actually did pretty well.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Pat actually did pretty well.

He lost. If Paleos want to be dickheads, I can be a dickhead as well. Neither of our ideologies have won many, if at all any seats (Correct me, but Ron is the only libertarian to hold national office). At least though NH is electing libertarians, and not Paleos. Thank god.

Specter
08-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Ron Paul won a congressional race and he is a Libertarian.

Paleo
08-10-2010, 05:35 AM

Ron Paul is a Republican. He hasn't won one single race as a Libertarian.

Specter
08-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Ron Paul is a Republican. He hasn't won one single race as a Libertarian.

But like Schiff said in that video, you can run a liberterian as a republican. But no, there probably aren't any candidates that have won as Liberterians.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:39 AM

Which race did Ron Paul run as a Libertarian and win?? Not a single race--ever

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:39 AM
A.E.D. said: At least though NH is electing libertarians, and not Paleos. Thank god.

Pat won the GOP New Hampshire primary in 1996

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Which race did Ron Paul run as a Libertarian and win?? Not a single race--ever

Are you daft. Rons ideology is a libertarian. Stop bringing up the goddamn LP.

Paleo
08-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Pat B for Prez, Ron Paul for Veep! Thats the winning ticket in 2012.

Paleo
08-10-2010, 05:42 AM
A.E.D. said: At least though NH is electing libertarians, and not Paleos. Thank god.

I can't remember, who won the 2008 NH GOP Primary? :cool:

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-10-2010, 05:42 AM

PAT LOST THE NOMINATION FOR FUCKS SAKE. I am also talking about State Rep & Senator. Dan Forsythe for instance is a libertarian, not a paleocon. Not to mention the FSP is comprised of 99% libertarians as is the NHLA. What kind of great successes are the Paleos (Oh and get your own economists, stop mooching ours) having?

I decided I want to be combative today, in the political spirit that brings about such divisiveness. Another great perk of the State. Anyways, I'm off to bed, ciao.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:47 AM
PAT LOST THE NOMINATION FOR FUCKS SAKE

Relax and count to 10. It will be O K

Paleo
08-10-2010, 05:47 AM
if you Ls gave a shit about the nation, you might be useful :)

SilentBull
08-10-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm seeing a lot of new people that haven't been here supporting Schiff, that now come in here to bash him. Why not go to another forum, and leave us the hell alone? Schiff spent a million dollars of his own money on this race. Don't fucking dare to come in here and tell other people not to support him, fucking morons!

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm seeing a lot of new people that haven't been here supporting Schiff, that now come in here to bash him. Why not go to another forum, and leave us the hell alone? Schiff spent a million dollars of his own money on this race. Don't fucking dare to come in here and tell other people not to support him, fucking morons!

Good idea--and here's another: how about the Libertarians go to a forum that is named after a Libertarian and not a Republican?

Paleo
08-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Good idea--and here's another: how about the Libertarians go to a forum that is named after a Libertarian and not a Republican?

Im down for exporting all the ancaps to LRC..

SilentBull
08-10-2010, 06:01 AM

I don't really see your point. The point is Peter Schiff is one of our best candidates. We don't need people telling others who to support. Peter's problem has been name recognition. Let people support who they want. No one here should be trying to control others. That's what statists do. If you don't like Schiff, then why come in here at all?

Paleo
08-10-2010, 06:03 AM
I don't really see your point. The point is Peter Schiff is one of our best candidates. We don't need people telling others who to support. Peter's problem has been name recognition. Let people support who they want. No one here should be trying to control others. That's what statists do. If you don't like Schiff, then why come in here at all?

Mostly because you are so CUUUUUTTTTTEEE when your little ancap nose gets bent and the smoke starts pouring out of your ears.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 06:04 AM
No one here should be trying to control others. That's what statists do. If you don't like Schiff, then why come in here at all?

Aren't you trying to control others when you talk like this??

SilentBull
08-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Aren't you trying to control others when you talk like this??

No I am not. I'm telling you to leave other people alone. And I'm asking what is your point of coming in here (into the Peter Schiff forum) if you don't support him? I'm a HUGE Rand supporter, just like I am a Schiff supporter. I don't go into other forums to bash candidates and tell people they are wasting their time.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 06:10 AM
No I am not. I'm telling you to leave other people alone. And I'm asking what is your point of coming in here (into the Peter Schiff forum) if you don't support him? I'm a HUGE Rand supporter, just like I am a Schiff supporter. I don't go into other forums to bash candidates and tell people they are wasting their time.

So you are trying to regulate other people's activities. How Libertarian of you bro

And, I never bashed Schiff--I like Schiff and donated money to him. You confuse me with Stu

SilentBull
08-10-2010, 06:13 AM
So you are trying to regulate other people's activities. How Libertarian of you bro

Dude, what you are saying doesn't even make sense. That is like saying we should leave bullies alone too, because we don't want to control them by stopping them from bullying people. That's illogical.

If you come in here trying to tell other people what to do, you expect to be left alone yourself? So you want to be left to do the controlling? Makes no sense. Try again.

barth
08-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Keep cool people... Watch this :

YouTube - ‪TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NGSl3CldFY)

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 06:17 AM
Dude, what you are saying doesn't even make sense. That is like saying we should leave bullies alone too, because we don't want to control them by stopping them from bullying people. That's illogical.

If you come in here trying to tell other people what to do, you expect to be left alone yourself? So you want to be left to do the controlling? Makes no sense. Try again.

Can't we all just get along?

SilentBull
08-10-2010, 06:18 AM
And, I never bashed Schiff--I like Schiff and donated money to him. You confuse me with Stu

I was speaking in general.

rich34
08-10-2010, 06:22 AM

EDIT: however within jack vs rand, of course the rand is the better candidate but still i feel very uneasy about his word twisting language. in the terms of less or two evils, i would vote for rand in a heart beat however his not like ron paul where i would stop doing what ever and going out of my way to support him by putting yard signs and standing in the freezing Chicago weather waving his sign.

I don't think Rand is a sell out I think he realizes he's on the verge of being elected as a U.S senator, something his father cannot even claim. Rand's playing the game and doing what it takes to be elected.

I agree with you though, Rand is no Ron, but then again, who is?

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 06:23 AM
I don't think Rand is a sell out I think he realizes he's on the verge of being elected as a U.S senator, something his father cannot even claim. Rand's playing the game and doing what it takes to be elected.

I agree with you though, Rand is no Ron, but then again, who is?

Thank you--a rational thinker who gets it. There is hope here!

Elwar
08-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Sure are a lot of people fighting about what color the drapes should be on the Titanic as it goes down.

cbc58
08-10-2010, 06:59 AM
I've never really understood why so many people have a love affair with Schiff for office. What do they expect him to do?? go in and tell congress they need to reduce spending and buy gold? He rubs alot of people the wrong way and comes across as arrogant and conceited sometimes. Don't get me wrong - he's right on many things - but he's just not cut out for political office. Hard to feel sorry for a guy who says he wants to help fix the economy and makes his living selling investments to people.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 07:03 AM
I've never really understood why so many people have a love affair with Schiff for office. What do they expect him to do?? go in and tell congress they need to reduce spending and buy gold? He rubs alot of people the wrong way and comes across as arrogant and conceited sometimes. Don't get me wrong - he's right on many things - but he's just not cut out for political office. Hard to feel sorry for a guy who says he wants to help fix the economy and makes his living selling investments to people.

Interesting take.

And there have been posts here saying that those who follow Schiff's investment advice have done poorly.

However, I would love to have Peter as my Senator here in Florida any day

carlos1215
08-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Schiff ran a shitty campaign.

His attacks against Linda should have come long ago...before she got nominated.

Had he run the kick-balls ad 5 months ago, his campaign would have gained early momentum and his donations would have poured in.

Schiff didnt realize until it was too late that nice guys finish last

K466
08-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Let's save the negative stuff for tomorrow, phone bank to GET the VOTE out!

HOLLYWOOD
08-10-2010, 07:12 AM
A perfect example of why... on C-SPAN's Washington Journal hosted THE POLITICO covering the races across the nation.

Both the POLITICO and C-SPAN coverage on the Connecticut Republican primary. Besides liberal POLITICO and their "JORNOLISM" liberal reporting and marginalizing the right, C-SPAN was well prepared in only showing the GOP race between Republicans McMahon vs. Simmons, it included pictures and polls. No mention by C-SPAN or POLITICO of Peter Schiff.

So even the so-called unbiased C-SPAN has rigged the race to their "Ringers" of Choice.

TortoiseDream
08-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Wow on the day of the primary I wake up to this shitty thread? C'mon guys...

Keep cool people... Watch this :

YouTube - ‪TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NGSl3CldFY)

This rules though.

brandon
08-10-2010, 07:21 AM
I still contend this campaign was nothing more than a commercial for his investment firm and his books.

K466
08-10-2010, 07:25 AM
I still contend this campaign was nothing more than a commercial for his investment firm and his books.

Seriously? This would have been the dumbest way to get more clients and sell more books. Not only has he put in a million dollars of his own money, but he's also put in millions of dollars of his time.

specsaregood
08-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Seriously? This would have been the dumbest way to get more clients and sell more books. Not only has he put in a million dollars of his own money, but he's also put in millions of dollars of his time.

A lot of people that wouldn't vote for him or couldn't vote for him still might have decided to invest with him after hearing what he had to say.

This entire thread needs to be locked so it can wither and die.

G-Wohl
08-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Schiff ran a shitty campaign.

His attacks against Linda should have come long ago...before she got nominated.

Had he run the kick-balls ad 5 months ago, his campaign would have gained early momentum and his donations would have poured in.

Schiff didnt realize until it was too late that nice guys finish last

Peter didn't run a "nice guy" campaign. The amount of people who post here without thinking is extraordinary.

You make these pathetic suggestions as if he had the money from supporters like you to do these things. He had a mere 3 million dollars in the most expensive state in the union, running against a career politician and a heartless bitch with endless pockets and no morals or thoughts to back herself up whatsoever. Considering the circumstances, Pete ran a damn fine campaign.

It really was up to us to get Peter the nomination. The only way we were ever going to win was to have repeat performances of the first money bomb, where people were actually donating in meaningful amounts, and to have the support that all the Ron Paul people pledged to give at one time. He told us long ago hay this was going to be a 20+ million dollar race, so if people were not willing to support Peter that much (clearly evidenced by his low donation totals) they should have said so at the beginning son we could have all saved ourselves some time.

BDR
08-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Peter didn't run a "nice guy" campaign. The amount of people who post here without thinking is extraordinary.

You make these pathetic suggestions as if he had the money from supporters like you to do these things. He had a mere 3 million dollars in the most expensive state in the union, running against a career politician and a heartless bitch with endless pockets and no morals or thoughts to back herself up whatsoever. Considering the circumstances, Pete ran a damn fine campaign.

It really was up to us to get Peter the nomination. The only way we were ever going to win was to have repeat performances of the first money bomb, where people were actually donating in meaningful amounts, and to have the support that all the Ron Paul people pledged to give at one time. He told us long ago hay this was going to be a 20+ million dollar race, so if people were not willing to support Peter that much (clearly evidenced by his low donation totals) they should have said so at the beginning son we could have all saved ourselves some time.

This is 100% correct.

Daamien
08-10-2010, 09:29 AM

Don't waste your time on this forum then.

TomtheTinker
08-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Reading this thread almost makes me embarrassed to be part of this forum. Upon coming here I thought the people here were more thoughtful, I guess I may have been wrong.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes--political discussions can get heated. Not necessarily a bad thing unless it becomes disrespectful and uncivil.

Daamien
08-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Yes--political discussions can get heated. Not necessarily a bad thing unless it becomes disrespectful and uncivil.

Saying "Do NOT waste your money or time on Schiff" and "Fuck Rand" does not constitute political discussion.

This thread should be moved to the Hot Topics forum.

bobbyw24
08-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Saying "Do NOT waste your money or time on Schiff" and "Fuck Rand" does not constitute political discussion.

I cannot disagree

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Reading this thread almost makes me embarrassed to be part of this forum. Upon coming here I thought the people here were more thoughtful, I guess I may have been wrong.

This type of stuff happens on all forums Tom (If you think this is bad you should have seen the arguing about the blimp) so don't let it discourage you. We have our disagreements from time to time but in reality we are, for the most part, one big dysfunctional family and you can't take stuff like this too seriously. It will be moved or locked soon enough.

tuco.sargent
08-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Just thought I'd let all the non-productive people on here bickering that while I was phone banking this morning I caught a woman as she was leaving to vote who was voting for McMahon and SHE'S NOW VOTING FOR SCHIFF! :D

DON'T GIVE UP THERE'S STILL TIME!

JamesButabi
08-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Im proud of whatever the outcome is. This race energized alot of constituents, raised name recognition, helped us further learn about the rigged system, and promoted ideas of liberty. Just as RP 08 many chocked off as a waste, you will see many of these seeds sprouting in the years to come around CT.

TomtheTinker
08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Im proud of whatever the outcome is. This race energized alot of constituents, raised name recognition, helped us further learn about the rigged system, and promoted ideas of liberty. Just as RP 08 many chocked off as a waste, you will see many of these seeds sprouting in the years to come around CT.

+1

TheBlackPeterSchiff
08-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Whatever the outcome Im cool with. Im sorry but Rand never energized me, most likely he will elected, but he will probably vote the party line anyways.

Im sorry but Im not putting my money and time behind someone I dont believe in.

tuco.sargent
08-10-2010, 10:13 AM

Ditto

tpreitzel
08-10-2010, 10:37 AM

Well said. The ship of state doesn't generally change abruptly. Just like Kokesh in New Mexico, Schiff's candidacy will have a positive, lasting effect in Connecticut and elsewhere.

MRoCkEd
08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Let's keep it positive until the results come in at ~9 PM EST tonight.

Thread locked.