PDA

View Full Version : cop tasers kid on bike then kills him by running him over...

puppetmaster
08-09-2010, 11:37 PM
then may have planted a gun......:mad:
“Lab tests showed the gun had been wiped clean,” reports the St. Petersburg Times. “No fingerprints were on it — not Victor’s, not anyone’s.”
Capt. Jay Worley suspended Ard for two weeks without pay

to serve and protect and kill
LiveLeak.com - Dash Cam; Cop Tased Teen On Bike Then Runs Over Him (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=037_1280793290)

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/article1112106.ece

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/63263.html

Kludge
08-09-2010, 11:42 PM
The basis of this incident? The kid did not have a lightsource on the bike he was riding - only reflectors.

"On the night of his death, Victor went to a high school home coming football game then over to a friend's house to plan the birthday party of a child in the family.

"We wanted Victor's help because he was so good with little kids," said Victor's friend, Mike Moultrie.

About 12:45 a.m., said Moultrie, Victor left on a borrowed bike. From there to where the chase started was about 41/2 miles. But it was about 1:45 a.m. that Officer Jerald Ard spotted Victor. Where Victor went after leaving Moultrie's house is unclear.

Ard would later say that he tried to stop Victor because he had seen him at a construction site and thought he may have stolen something. But witness Victor Stallworth said he saw Victor ride his bicycle past the construction site without stopping. Months later, Ard gave investigators a different reason for stopping Victor: He didn't have a light on his bike — only two reflectors."

MikeStanart
08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
The comments on the site are equally disturbing.

A cop once shined a blinding strobe light in my face at 3am while I was driving (he was on foot). I thought it was a punk kid pulling a prank (I couldn't see); and drove on. A cop then pulled me over down the street. Many of the people commenting would have me killed for this.

amy31416
08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
I can't fathom that anyone can live with having done what these cops (allegedly) did.

MikeStanart
08-10-2010, 12:00 AM
The basis of this incident? The kid did not have a lightsource on the bike he was riding - only reflectors.

"On the night of his death, Victor went to a high school home coming football game then over to a friend's house to plan the birthday party of a child in the family.

"We wanted Victor's help because he was so good with little kids," said Victor's friend, Mike Moultrie.

About 12:45 a.m., said Moultrie, Victor left on a borrowed bike. From there to where the chase started was about 41/2 miles. But it was about 1:45 a.m. that Officer Jerald Ard spotted Victor. Where Victor went after leaving Moultrie's house is unclear.

Ard would later say that he tried to stop Victor because he had seen him at a construction site and thought he may have stolen something. But witness Victor Stallworth said he saw Victor ride his bicycle past the construction site without stopping. Months later, Ard gave investigators a different reason for stopping Victor: He didn't have a light on his bike — only two reflectors."

This whole thing is disgusting. There was no probable cause. This is murder.

EDIT: bad spelling on my part

Andrew-Austin
08-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally when I heard about this story I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that the officer did not plant the gun on the kid, and that the kid may of been running because he had the gun on him...

But the fact that there is no fingerprints on the gun proves to me that the officer planted it on him. No way in hell would some kid on a bike be concerned about fingerprints, I ain't buying that shit.

The comments on the site are equally disturbing.

his whole thing is disgusting. There was no probably cause. This is murder

Behold societiy's cognitive dissonance towards their own blatantly obvious double standard of morality. When the state commits an immoral offense it is good and for the best and how dare you imply otherwise, but when anyone not wearing a badge or title does the same thing they cry for justice.

SkyPie
08-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I can't even watch this one. Not this night.

Kregisen
08-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Watching the video....

#1: as bad as many cops are, when they tell you to stop, then stop.....obviously not stopping doesn't warrant death, but seriously....if you're gonna ride on you can't be surprised if something like this happens.

#2 it does look like he ran him over on purpose......not sure why a cop would do that when they KNOW they have a dashcam.....hmm...

#3 who knows, he may have easily planted a gun on him....will we ever know?

Looks like both are at fault, but ultimately the cop should be punished, and maybe even tried for murder or involuntary manslaughter at the least.

amy31416
08-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally when I heard about this story I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that the officer did not plant the gun on the kid, and that the kid may of been running because he had the gun on him...

But the fact that there is no fingerprints on the gun proves to me that the officer planted it on him. No way in hell would some kid on a bike be concerned about fingerprints.

Nope. The chances that this kid wiped a handgun clean while being chased by a cop are almost zero.

Sometimes I think that cops/public figures should be punished more harshly than us peons for similar crimes, but I'm sure they'd find a way around it.

MikeStanart
08-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Nope. The chances that this kid wiped a handgun clean while being chased by a cop are almost zero.

Sometimes I think that cops/public figures should be punished more harshly than us peons for similar crimes, but I'm sure they'd find a way around it.

Absolutely. Bigger punishments for those in power means less abuse of power. Having wishy-washy slap-on-the-wrists punishments will spiral the entire system into a cesspool of corruption.

Kludge
08-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Watching the video....

#1: as bad as many cops are, when they tell you to stop, then stop.....obviously not stopping doesn't warrant death, but seriously....if you're gonna ride on you can't be surprised if something like this happens.

#2 it does look like he ran him over on purpose......not sure why a cop would do that when they KNOW they have a dashcam.....hmm...

Looks like both are at fault, but ultimately the cop should be punished, and maybe even tried for murder or involuntary manslaughter at the least.

Really? I'm generally an apologist for police when the "victim" is being an asshole, but - from the relatively small amount of info I've been told - this kid did nothing wrong except fail to recognize the authority of a government official. I would never consider that a fault unless the "victim" committed a moral crime.

Humanae Libertas
08-10-2010, 12:17 AM
I can understand if it was an accident, but running him over and planting a gun with a paid vacation by the taxpayer? :mad:

Andrew-Austin
08-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Really? I'm generally an apologist for police when the "victim" is being an asshole, but - from the relatively small amount of info I've been told - this kid did nothing wrong except fail to recognize the authority of a government official. I would never consider that a fault unless the "victim" committed a moral crime.

And shit I bet his parents warned him about cops. I'm sure the distrust of cops is pretty high in that neighborhood, his parents probably had heard of so many stories of police brutality and corruption, stories not unlike this one. Can't say that he was acting entirely irrational by running away from the cop. lol

t0rnado
08-10-2010, 12:30 AM
This cop must have been carrying a gun without prints just in case he ever killed an innocent person. This is my response to that:

YouTube - ‪Ice T Cop Killer and Body Count‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSvD5SM_uI4)

puppetmaster
08-10-2010, 10:11 AM
or heres a theory... the boy found the gun and it was used in a crime implicating the cop so the cop has to chase him down and kill him as he is the only witness. then he has to clean the gun and that is why he is under the car for 40 secs......my imagination runs wild!!

but regardless this cop is a bad person and should not ever be in a law enforcement position. if that was my boy...the cop would be in a horizontal position.....

Brian4Liberty
08-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Watching the video....

That about sums it up. If you are out late at night, especially if you are young, the Police are going to stop you and question you. If you run, they get pissed. You are disrespecting their "authoritay".

It looked like he ran him over on purpose, and that's most likely exactly what he did. Fire him.

puppetmaster
08-10-2010, 10:49 AM
if this had been civilian vs civilian....think it would have been covered differently? hell ya

jmdrake
08-10-2010, 11:06 AM

That's messed up! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Screw all of the speculation about the gun. He had no cause to chase this kid down like this anyway. What's he going to do, giving him a biking ticket? If he was riding a bike he probably didn't have a license. And it's not like the kid could likely kill anyone else by running them over with a bike. So you're going to taser someone while riding behind them in a car for their own safety? :eek:

Another example of why tasers are bad. It gives cops a reason to do something stupid. The cop would know he wouldn't have cause to shoot the kid over this, so without the taser his only option would have been to get out and try to run the kid down on foot which would have meant the kid getting away. Oh how the world would come to an end if this cop couldn't "get his man". :rolleyes:

The state wants to pass all of these "no texting while driving". How about a "no tasering while driving" law for the police?

youngbuck
08-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Looks like the cop is a murderer and should be dealt with accordingly...

Vessol
08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I hate brutalizer apologetics almost as much as the brutalizess themselves.

This is pure, unapologetic murder.

CCTelander
08-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I hate brutalizer apologetics almost as much as the brutalizess themselves.

This is pure, unapologetic murder.

Actually, it's just professional government police fulfilling their true purpose, keeping the rabble in line.

Once again:

...the police have NO DUTY to protect an innocent individual's rights and property. The courts in every jurisdiction throughout the US have universally upheld this position. Here's a whole thread on the topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228509

Professional police forces do NOT exist to protect the rights and property of innocent individuals. They were NEVER intended for such a purpose. They exist solely and completely for the purpose of enforcing the will of the power elites, and protecting those power elites against YOU.

In other words they are, in effect, an occupational army whose sole purpose is to oppress YOU. Period.

They violate the rights of innocent individuals every day. They routinely taze, beat and kill innocent people. They destroy their property, bust down their doors, toss their premises and all this without even an apology. They throw innocent people in cages to be abused and raped. They regularly destroy the lives of innocents. They make false charges and then lie in court. The list of police abuses and usurpations goes on, and on, and on.

I'll bump the Myth of Police Protection thread yet again too.