PDA

View Full Version : Donate before June 30!!

Dave
06-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Sorry if this is obvious to some of you but if you're planning to donate, PLEASE do it before the end of June!!

Candidates have to report fundraising results to the FEC (Federal Election Commission) on a quarterly basis. Of course Dr. Paul needs and appreciates the money whenever you send it but if it gets to them before the end of June it will be reported with the second quarter results (released in July). The media will focus like a laser on these reports to see who's getting traction and we want to PUMP UP those figures as much as possible.

With all our help, Ron Paul's fundraising figures will BLOW THEIR MINDS. This moment will be the lift-off of the Ron Paul Rocket. When everyone is talking about it you'll want to tell them you were on board first so GIVE like your freedom depends on it.

And do it soon!

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 08:04 AM
For sure I'm going to donate. I can't wait until the results come out. !!!

NewEnd
06-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Also keep in mind, once the media finds out Paul has a boatload of cash, they will start to woo him, because they want him to spend that cash at their stations on ads.

rockjoa
06-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Digg this story to help reach Paul supporters on digg.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/The_Time_is_Now_Donate_to_Ron_Paul_and_Help_Save_t he_USA

Original_Intent
06-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I already posted on this a week or so ago. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=2207

I also found out that the numbers reported in June will only reflect donations received prior to June 1.

In other words, do not feel that you have been lied to about the $5 million number when these reports come out. a VAST amount of the money that Ron Paul has gotten has been donated in June, which TO MY UNDERSTANDING will not show up in the quarterly numbers.

Still definitely donate as much as you can as quickly as you can. I just don;t want people to feel they have been "lied to" when his reported numbers are significantly below the $5 million that we are hearing.

I still expect that he will have enough to raise himself above the second tier for this report. I just think we should defuse any "blowback" that we might get from getting expectations too high for this quarterly report.

Phil M
06-08-2007, 09:06 AM
I already posted on this a week or so ago. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=2207

I also found out that the numbers reported in June will only reflect donations received prior to June 1.

Are you sure about that? A quick Google search of "second quarter fundraising" showed some mentions of June 30.

Dave
06-08-2007, 09:08 AM

In other words, do not feel that you have been lied to about the $5 million number when these reports come out. a VAST amount of the money that Ron Paul has gotten has been donated in June, which TO MY UNDERSTANDING will not show up in the quarterly numbers.

Let me clear this up. Quarterly numbers won't be reported by the FEC in June - they'll come out in July (the candidates' deadline is the 15th) and they WILL include donations made in June. For example, the Q1 numbers reported in April DID include donations made all the way through March.

Candidates DO have the option to file with the FEC on a monthly basis but then they are stuck filing monthly from that point forward so I wouldn't expect to see any candidate do this.

So please donate before the end of June!

ARealConservative
06-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Let me clear this up. Quarterly numbers won't be reported by the FEC in June - they'll come out in July (the candidates' deadline is the 15th) and they WILL include donations made in June. For example, the Q1 numbers reported in April DID include donations made all the way through March.

Candidates DO have the option to file with the FEC on a monthly basis but then they are stuck filing monthly from that point forward so I wouldn't expect to see any candidate do this.

So please donate before the end of June!

Dave is correct. I believe I read that on July 16th we will have the numbers for every candidate and it will include the full second quarter statistics.

Original_Intent
06-08-2007, 09:54 AM
I am actually glad to hear that I was wrong on this! That is great news!

joenaab
06-08-2007, 10:10 AM
oops! "his" donation policy...

I would like to write a post for my site appealing for donations. Before I do so, I'd like to understand a bit about from who and what he accepts donations. On the donation page, it appears that he might only accept donations from individual american citizens.

Does anyone know his policy?

1. Does he accept corporate donations?

2. Donations from PAC's/lobbyists?

3. Am I missing anything?

sorry, I don't know the jargon in this area, but I want to get the post up this week and I will also send out e-mail to a lot of friends who are now on board.

qednick
06-08-2007, 10:14 AM
I just mailed it off with a check (it was on the form).

From memory: if the donation is $200+ then you have to state your employer name and occupation.

Donations are not acceptable from: Federal contractors, corporations or foreign citizens (non-green card holders). Which would imply that a foreign citizen that holds a green card can contribute.

DrStrabismus
06-08-2007, 10:19 AM
I would also recommend donating by credit card even though they have to pay the fee because it's much quicker than if they have to process a check. In fact they may spend more in time and manpower than the cc fee.

qednick
06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Even if you can afford only a few bucks - please donate folks!!

Let's show the MSM and everyone else that RP's support doesn't just consist of a half-dozen spammers with lots of time on their hands. :D

G-khan
06-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Does anyone have a contact number to call his campaign at. I just went to his site and you can use credit cards but no paypal. I run a site that takes in money and most of it is through paypal. Internet users have paypal accounts and tend to use them.

I have money in my paypal acount and can't give it to him - he needs to change that...

brumans
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Does anyone have a contact number to call his campaign at. I just went to his site and you can use credit cards but no paypal. I run a site that takes in money and most of it is through paypal. Internet users have paypal accounts and tend to use them.

I have money in my paypal acount and can't give it to him - he needs to change that...

Use the PayPal Virtual Debit card.. works EXACTLY the same as a credit card.

All you need to do is go here and download this program:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-intro

qednick
06-08-2007, 12:30 PM

That's true! You don't even need to wait for a physical card as far as I know. The funds come straight out of your PayPal a/c.

G-khan
06-08-2007, 12:48 PM

Thanks I will check it out I called the campaign headquarters and told them they should have the paypal option included. How many people like myself go there and they can't give? Their largest support comes from internet users so they should have paypal option. I think they will soon have that option as they were real receptive to the suggestion.

Thx

qednick
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks I will check it out I called the campaign headquarters and told them they should have the paypal option included. How many people like myself go there and they can't give? Their largest support comes from internet users so they should have paypal option. I think they will soon have that option as they were real receptive to the suggestion.

Thx

Great!! Makes a lot of sense!!

G-khan
06-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Great!! Makes a lot of sense!!

By the way they do have a neat way to use paypal funds through a program you can download. You don't get a credit card at all paypal creates a new virtual card each time so it is not even the same card number.. Pretty cool but they still need that paypal option with all the internet supporters they have who have paypal!