PDA

View Full Version : Change in voting rules will stop Paul

fedup100
10-16-2007, 09:39 AM
The changes in state voting requirements will stop Paul from winning because it will be too late to convert Democrats and undecided etc.

Hope I am wrong, but if someone registers as a Democrat by the states cut off date, then should they change their mind and want to vote republican, can they?

Also, should Paul not win nomination, and change his mind and run as an Independent, can those of us that are registered as republicans vote for him as an Independent.

If not, then we have all given the white house to Hillary for sure.

Either way, I am convinced it is all rigged and we are no different as far as being free than the Chinese or Russians.

paulitics
10-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Are there states changing voting requirements? WHich ones are they?

DaronWestbrooke
10-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Can we sue? The neocons are trying to game the system, even a symbolic lawsuit could bring it to the public's attention.

ItsTime
10-16-2007, 09:43 AM
they havent changed anything

TVMH
I've got to think that campaign HQ has already considered this, and has formed their strategy accordingly.

LibertyEagle
Fedup, don't be ridiculous. Of course, you could vote for Paul.

Please stop this hand-wringing and go outside and pass out some Slim Jims. That is how we'll win.

justinc.1089
10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Well I don't know about sueing over corrupt politics or corruption in the system, but I think Ron Paul certainly could sue the media over censoring him. There's enough evidence to build a case for that I think, but then again I'm no lawyer either lol.

I think if Paul gets the Republican nomination and they decide not to nominate him as the Republican candidate we should organize a protest though. And I think thats a very real possibility the way they hate him so badly. If I'm not mistaken even if he wins the primary that does not force the Republicans to choose him as their candidate right?

Green Mountain Boy
10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
The only state I've heard of changes in the voting system is West Virginia

steph3n
10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
MANY people are not even registered to vote, I have yet to see a state close the primaries to unregistered, most still allow on the spot :)

Bradley in DC
10-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Fedup, don't be ridiculous. Of course, you could vote for Paul.

Please stop this hand-wringing and go outside and pass out some Slim Jims. That is how we'll win.

Exactly!

davidkachel
10-16-2007, 10:01 AM
This is not a fight to get Ron Paul elected president.
It is a fight for our liberty.
Getting RP elected is simply the current battlefront. If we lose the election, Ron Paul will still exist and will still be a source of inspiration. The fuse is lit. The statists cannot extinguish it.
If you think otherwise, you have already lost and might just as well quit now.
The statists will do everything they can to stop us, including rigging elections.
Expect it, anticipate it, defuse it if you can. But you don't give up the war just because the enemy outsmarts you in one battle.
If you really want to see the statists soil their underwear, make sure the RP freedom movement picks up speed AFTER the election!

runderwo
10-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Well I don't know about sueing over corrupt politics or corruption in the system, but I think Ron Paul certainly could sue the media over censoring him.

Ummm... no. Where is this supposed law against failing to cover a candidate or distorting the truth? Because it would definitely need a First Amendment smackdown.

jj111
10-16-2007, 10:27 AM
This is not a fight to get Ron Paul elected president.
It is a fight for our liberty.
Getting RP elected is simply the current battlefront. If we lose the election, Ron Paul will still exist and will still be a source of inspiration. The fuse is lit. The statists cannot extinguish it.
If you think otherwise, you have already lost and might just as well quit now.
The statists will do everything they can to stop us, including rigging elections.
Expect it, anticipate it, defuse it if you can. But you don't give up the war just because the enemy outsmarts you in one battle.
If you really want to see the statists soil their underwear, make sure the RP freedom movement picks up speed AFTER the election!

Good point, but the best opportunity for fighting THIS battle is RIGHT NOW, and every day for the next three months. Get out there and give it your best NOW.

BuddyRey
10-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey all you legal eagles out there; is there a Constitutional authorization for "closed primaries"? Maybe I've been taking crazy pills, but it seems to me that there's something in there about citizens' voting rights not being curtailed due to technicalities and poll taxes. Being the extreme interpreter of the Constitution that I am, I'd like to think this article tacitly discourages such concepts as "closed primaries" and even restrictions on the voting rights of ex-felons or detainees. Am I off my rocker, or what?

jointhefightforfreedom
10-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey all you legal eagles out there; is there a Constitutional authorization for "closed primaries"? Maybe I've been taking crazy pills, but it seems to me that there's something in there about citizens' voting rights not being curtailed due to technicalities and poll taxes. Being the extreme interpreter of the Constitution that I am, I'd like to think this article tacitly discourages such concepts as "closed primaries" and even restrictions on the voting rights of ex-felons or detainees. Am I off my rocker, or what?

I wish i was in a closed primary state ! I would Sue in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!

Geronimo
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I wish i was in a closed primary state ! I would Sue in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!

Now you've got me thinking.