PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Poll: McMahon 50%, Simmons 28%, Schiff 15%

KetchupMaster
08-09-2010, 06:14 AM
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1296.xml?ReleaseID=1486

Hopefully this poll does not mean much...

iFollowPeterSchiff
08-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Doesn't match up with my calling experience. Most voters I found were undecided and didn't really like McMahon assuming they knew who any of the candidates were. That favorability rating seems way too high too and has moved too much from earlier polls. I can't believe she has improved her favorability among likely Republican voters since she has been hiding. And the voters who saw the Kick Ad were telling me it was really effective because they didn't realize Linda was a RINO.

KetchupMaster
08-09-2010, 06:39 AM
This poll is from August 3 - 8 so it still goes back pretty far. I wonder what order the candidates will be listed on the ballot. It seems like that makes a difference.

SilentBull
08-09-2010, 07:30 AM
This is just impossible! I have stopped questioning polls since the 2008 presidential primaries, but this just cannot be true! How does Schiff only go up 2% after all of his ads and phone calls?

SilentBull
08-09-2010, 07:32 AM
It also appears they put McMahon's name first on that poll, and put Peter Schiff last. Does anyone know if they alternate the order in which they put the names?

Jim McClarin
08-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Scientific polling is hard to refute with anecdotal evidence. If the PPP survey was not deliberately distorted (company controlled by NWO elites?), it provides the best evidence of where Peter stands. There was some talk of doing an internal poll with a 500 sample. If such a poll were done by someone who knew what they were doing, I would consider that to be an acceptable counterpoint to the PPP results.

MRoCkEd
08-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Ouch

Jim McClarin
08-09-2010, 08:34 AM
According to Peter in this video, over 1,438 voters reached in the phoning operation who said they would be voting were asked who they intended to vote for and 38% said Peter Schiff vs. 31% for McMahon and 31% were either undecided or voting for Simmons. Such a poll would be screwed if the phone volunteer identified himself as calling from the Schiff campaign but it's still very positive.

YouTube - ‪Schiff for Senate -- Last Sunday to phonebank -- let's do it!‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxfoSUhVk0)

K466
08-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Ouch, but I doubt it's accuracy. Let's not give up- ignore it!

LeifEiriksson
08-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Most people don't pay attention to the race or research the candidates until today or tomorrow. That poll is about as accurate as reading the entrails of a chicken.

JackieDan
08-09-2010, 08:43 AM
This can't be true. When I phone bank people are in fact happy with Peter Schiff.

It's a setup poll to get the established linda mcmahon to washington

WorldonaString
08-09-2010, 09:06 AM
If you've got any free time today, lets make as many calls as possible this Monday. Remind folks that they're votes are incredibly valuable. Lets call the PPP's bluff!

qwerty
08-09-2010, 09:39 AM
This poll is total non-sense...

crazyfacedjenkins
08-09-2010, 10:56 AM
most people don't pay attention to the race or research the candidates until today or tomorrow. that poll is about as accurate as reading the entrails of a chicken.

hahaha

RonPaulFanInGA
08-09-2010, 12:17 PM
This poll will be either confirmed or denied tomorrow.

I hope the people attacking Quinnipiac's poll here will step up and apologize if it turns out to be correct.

Krtek
08-09-2010, 12:34 PM
This poll will be either confirmed or denied tomorrow.

I hope the people attacking Quinnipiac's poll here will step up and apologize if it turns out to be correct.

I wonder how many anti-Mcmahon people might change their vote from Peter to Simmons because they think Peter has no chance when they see this poll?

Jeremy
08-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I suppose we will see the validity of Quinnipiac polls tomorrow. I wish we had more than one pollster.

Jordan
08-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I suppose we will see the validity of Quinnipiac polls tomorrow. I wish we had more than one pollster.

If Quinnipiac is as wrong as the above posters say, they'll never be taken seriously ever again.

My money is on Quinnipiac, though.

Stary Hickory
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I hope Schiff wins but we know better than to suggest a poll is off by that much. If Schiff doesn't win this thing he just had to try again. Reagan(not saying he is God's gift here) did not win his first primary. And he is the reincarnation of Jesus to many Republicans.

Jordan
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I hope Schiff wins but we know better than to suggest a poll is off by that much. If Schiff doesn't win this thing he just had to try again. Reagan(not saying he is God's gift here) did not win his first primary. And he is the reincarnation of Jesus to many Republicans.

Should he lose I hope he has the brains to move to another state. CT is about as bad as it gets for libertarians, even in this election cycle.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Not inspired by this poll at all.

Well, atleast we fought it out. I think the turn out will be well tomorrow just not enough. Atleast we got a chance to reach out to a lot of people and educate them about liberty. The more people educated is the better chance we have at succeeding one day in having a free country.

low preference guy
08-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Not inspired by this poll at all.

Well, atleast we fought it out. I think the turn out will be well tomorrow just not enough. Atleast we got a chance to reach out to a lot of people and educate them about liberty. The more people educated is the better chance we have at succeeding one day in having a free country.

doing phone banking is more productive than making loser posts.

Galileo Galilei
08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
8REP. Is your opinion of - Peter Schiff favorable, unfavorable or haven't you heard enough about him?

LIKELY REP PRIMARY VOTERS
Tot Men Wom
Favorable 31% 38% 24%
Unfavorable 16 19 12
Hvn't hrd enough 51 41 62
REFUSED 2 1 2

It says here, most people have not heard of Schiff. What the hell is he spending his $3 million on? He could blanket a small state like that.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
08-09-2010, 03:20 PM
doing phone banking is more productive than making loser posts.

Not a loser post man, just being realistic.

Daamien
08-09-2010, 03:26 PM
It says here, most people have not heard of Schiff. What the hell is he spending his $3 million on? He could blanket a small state like that.

It is incredibly dense in terms of population and has one of the most expensive media markets in the world being in the New York and Boston metropolitan areas. McMahon has had to spend over $22 million already in an attempt to secure the PRIMARY in this "small state". Be realistic, but optimistic. We still have a chance.

low preference guy
08-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Not a loser post man, just being realistic.

could you stop thread hijacking? there is already a thread created to discuss Peter's chances.

you should be banned for daring to have Peter Schiff in your username when you're such a loser.

Galileo Galilei
08-09-2010, 03:34 PM
It is incredibly dense in terms of population and has one of the most expensive media markets in the world being in the New York and Boston metropolitan areas. McMahon has had to spend over $22 million already in an attempt to secure the PRIMARY in this "small state". Be realistic, but optimistic. We still have a chance.

I'm hoping for the best. The problem I see here, if the poll is accurate, is that Schiff would be better off running as a Libertarian.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
if the poll is accurate, is that Schiff would be better off running as a Libertarian.

Going from 15% to 1% is "better off"?

Galileo Galilei
08-09-2010, 03:57 PM

Yes, I'm not in favor of GOP party-building. Pro-liberty republican candidates who lose have no power and create the illusion that the GOP is pro-liberty. In reality, the GOP is just as bad as the democrats, and possibly worse based on the Bush administration.

Legend1104
08-09-2010, 05:49 PM
maybe schiff should have put on all of his ads that the primary was August 11th.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-09-2010, 06:30 PM

Pretty sure 15% of GOP Primary is 1%. Hey, at least Snitker is getting 5%! :D

PS: This poll sucks.

Specter
08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I take all these polls with a grain of salt. The only one I trust is Rassmussen. When Scotto Brown was running for Kennedys seat, all the polls showed him losing...except Rassmussen. I think a lot of the polls are liberally biased, just like our media.

Recently there was an article about a polling company getting sued for not actually making calls. They just made up the numbers. I don't remember who it was. I do remember them saying that it is common to buy polls and when you do, you let the company know what you expect to get. I would not be surprised at all to find that McMahon is funding this poll.

Tomorrow is the real poll.

seeker4sho
08-09-2010, 06:42 PM
maybe schiff should have put on all of his ads that the primary was August 11th.

Also If Peter does not win, in hind sight, he could have rented Rentschler Field in Hartford and paid Sarah Palin a couple hundred grand to headline one of his ralleys. He would have gotten national coverage for that event -- hind sight may be 20/20.

BTW: I am not a Palin fan, her appeal with the public speaks for itself.

rich34
08-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Also If Peter does not win, in hind sight, he could have rented Rentschler Field in Hartford and paid Sarah Palin a couple hundred grand to headline one of his ralleys. He would have gotten national coverage for that event -- hind sight may be 20/20.

BTW: I am not a Palin fan, her appeal with the public speaks for itself.

I thought Palin is a big no no in the northeast even somewhat among republicans? Isn't that why she didn't come out for Scott Brown? If not I thought I read something like that anyway, maybe someone else can shed some light?

MRoCkEd
08-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Expect the worst, hope for the best

Daamien
08-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Yes, I'm not in favor of GOP party-building. Pro-liberty republican candidates who lose have no power and create the illusion that the GOP is pro-liberty. In reality, the GOP is just as bad as the democrats, and possibly worse based on the Bush administration.

Peter does not share this sentiment. Check out his message to the CT Libertarian Party in this speech regarding using the Republican Party as a means to elect libertarian candidates:

YouTube - ‪Peter Schiff gives the Libertarian Party some tough medicine "We Need to Influence the GOP!"‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ncLTFoTFa8)

Liberty_Mike
08-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Peter does not share this sentiment. Check out his message to the CT Libertarian Party in this speech regarding using the Republican Party as a means to elect libertarian candidates:

YouTube - ‪Peter Schiff gives the Libertarian Party some tough medicine "We Need to Influence the GOP!"‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ncLTFoTFa8)

I really hope the libertarian party in CT registered Republican for this election so they could vote for Peter. For some reason, I have a feeling that the libertarian party of CT is too ego driven, and will not do this to help a libertarian actually get elected to office, because there is an R and not an L by his name on the ballot. Get over parties people! Schiff is clearly a libertarian. Just because he is running for the nomination of the Republican party does not mean he doesn't share the views of those in the Libertarian party. This is why Michael Badnarik was 100% right when he said the Libertarian party will never make it anywhere if they keep the same attitude they've had for decades.

boneyard bill
08-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I have no reason to believe that the Quinnipiac poll isn't reasonably reliable. It is probably one of the big reasons why Dodd quit the race.

However, the polling was done between Aug 3-8. The earlier respondents wouldn't have had a chance to see Peter's ads so it quite possible that the poll understates the movement in Peter's direction somewhat. Nonetheless, it's hard for me to think that you can close a gap this wide with just a few days of advertising and with only $500,000 against a candidate who has already thrown $22 million into the race.

Worse still, is the showing for Simmons. If Peter were to have any chance, he needed Simmons to take some more votes away from McMahon, but the movement has been the other way. She's pulling 50% in a three-way race. I have hopes that Schiff might top the 20% mark, but even that's probably optimistic. If could actually pass up Simmons, it would be huge achievement.

At this point, I'm just hoping that Peter will not get discouraged by this race. He's actually laid a good foundation for another run. I'd love to see him take on Lieberman in '12. He got into this race late and got off to a slow start because he had all kinds of business commitments, but if he keeps campaigning for the next two years he'll be better prepared for the convention and the primary. And I'm sure he's learned a lot. Remember, he started this campaign with no previous political or campaign experience and without even having won any kind of election.

I know this sounds a bit defeatist and I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good at this point.

Specter
08-10-2010, 12:47 AM

This speech reminds of the speech from William Wallace (Braveheart). When he was trying to appeal to the lords after the victory from the first battle and they were squabbling over land. He tried to get them to view bigger, more important picture.

Go Peter Go! FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seeker4sho
08-10-2010, 10:10 AM
I thought Palin is a big no no in the northeast even somewhat among republicans? Isn't that why she didn't come out for Scott Brown? If not I thought I read something like that anyway, maybe someone else can shed some light?

Palin has national MSM appeal. The MSM will follow her where ever she goes. The people in Connecticut watch national news.