PDA

View Full Version : DoJ To Deny Troops The Right To Vote?

Matt Collins
08-08-2010, 11:59 PM
YouTube - ‪Battle Over Troops' Vote‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N78eAt8_ak&feature=player_embedded#)!

oyarde
08-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Any soldier/sailor/Marine should be able to vote absentee.

libertarian4321
08-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Sounds like Fox News is just trying to be sensational and get people riled up over nothing (what else is new?).

This new "45-day" law sounds pretty irrelevant. I voted absentee while in the military (both overseas and stateside) many times before the "45-day" law existed and never had any problem getting my ballot and getting it in on time.

Frankly, the "45-day" law sounds like another solution in search of a problem (in other words, pointless legislation to "fix" a problem that didn't exist).

I won't say there is never a case of a soldier getting jammed up on voting- but it's got to be extremely rare. It certainly isn't a problem for soldiers who are 1) stateside or 2) overseas, but living anywhere near a decent sized US base. Maybe some guy at a FOB in the most remote part of Afghanistan might have a problem, but even in Iraq and Afghanistan, the overwhelming majority of our soldiers get mail regularly and quickly.