PDA

View Full Version : Who is Ron Paul? 2010 and beyond!

newbitech
08-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey I just had a really crazy idea. Is anyone interested in doing some old fashioned grassroots marketing via Facebook?

I have already been advertising for a couple of my clients and the strategy is really just brand awareness. FB advertising is really good at targeting specific demographics and I think we could do some real good in spreading the overall big picture via facebook if we do some really good ads.

Here is what we'd need to do to get started.

1.) What is the message we want to send, summed up in enough lines for ad copy. Has to be short and sweet. Oh, and also need a really good image that goes with the message.

2.) A landing page. We need a website (i'll take care of that) that if people decide to click the add, then they get some really good information sources that reinforces the message we are trying to send. Heavily linked of course to other important grassroots sites, like these forums etc etc.

3.) A funding source. I mention this because only way to advert on FB is to have a CC card. I am more than willing to use my business visa and pick up the tab, but I'd need a way to also take in donations just in case the clicks get crazy! Ha! Really tho, the idea is not to have a really high CTR necessarily, but just to get that constant exposure, that every day reminder in people's heads. For those familiar with PPC marketing, this would be a CPM bid campaign. So as far as funding, I don't mind doing the donating from my business as long as I can figure out how to write it off and as long as I don't have a shit load of people clicking the ad and driving the cost through the roof.

4.) a target demographic. FB lets us get really granular, and if other people want to jump in and help me out, I'd post all the specs up. Hell, we could even do multiple ads that target all kinds of different demographics and that would be reflected in the ad copy itself. For instance, we could make an ad for women and an ad for men. Ads for seniors and ads for kids.

I could go on, but I wanted to go ahead and float this idea out there to see how much interest there is and to see if anyone wants to jump on board with helping pay some cpc cost if it gets to that point. I am talking 1000 impressions for probably less that .25 cents per 1000. 10k for 2.50, 100k for $25 and 1 million impressions for $250. And that is on the high end. My biggest ad I have right now has over 350,000 impressions and I have spent a measly 38.09. And these are targeted brand recognition building impressions. 11 cent per 1k. Out of that, I have even gotten 121 clicks to the buy now page heh.. gravy...

Thoughts?

AlexMerced
08-09-2010, 08:19 AM
How about everyone pays for their own ads, and just do a FB ad bomb for a Ron Paul and Liberty Related Books.

newbitech
08-09-2010, 11:49 AM
How about everyone pays for their own ads, and just do a FB ad bomb for a Ron Paul and Liberty Related Books.

Well, I'd rather handle the ads because I am familiar with PPC advertising. It would be awesome if everyone did that, but I'd still like to have the ads point back to a web site and would also like to see a more broad focus.

The web site could then be promoted organically through fav's etc or other channels besides FB.

It's not even the point to have the ads paid for tho keep that in mind. The idea is brand awareness. We want the exposure for a message, not necessarily a click through rate. As long as people aren't going click crazy on the ads, then the cost will be minimal and I am not even worried about $40 bucks a month. Isn't that what most people pay for cable tv? Well I don't watch tv so, there is my $40 bucks. =)

I need ideas for a broad message.

Something like

What is liberty? or Google Liberty, to borrow from the 2008 RP campaign.

do you get what I am saying?

RPgrassrootsactivist
08-09-2010, 12:40 PM
If people think it's just another generic Republican ad, it probably won't go over extremely well. I suggest an ad specifically about Ron Paul 2012, then set it to target Republicans in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Your page could have links to a few of Ron's best articles, as well as some videos of Ron, and even the video of For Liberty.

This could be an extremely effective tool if sufficient funds were raised.

newbitech
08-09-2010, 02:49 PM
If people think it's just another generic Republican ad, it probably won't go over extremely well. I suggest an ad specifically about Ron Paul 2012, then set it to target Republicans in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Your page could have links to a few of Ron's best articles, as well as some videos of Ron, and even the video of For Liberty.

This could be an extremely effective tool if sufficient funds were raised.

Exactly, the ad creatives have to be well thought out. I just want to reiterate tho, this is a brand awareness type campaign.

The brand isn't necessarily Ron Paul IMO. I'd really like to change the perception of the Ron Paul brand, but at the same time, I think it is important for the average Joe to associate liberty with other types of activities, preferably outside of pure politics.

For this, I'd propose a campaign that focuses more on things like, the constitution, the real reason why the Stamp Act was frowned upon by the colonies, jury nullification awareness, pro 10th, individual sovereignty, self-government etc etc..

These are all deep concepts that when you and I think of Ron Paul, these ideas come to mind. I think we need to find other channels besides just politics to bring people to these ideas.

Maximus
08-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Before you get to things like Jury-Nullification how about hitting themes like Peace, end the wars, how the wars are draining our economy.

Seems like those would attract more attention (especially among women) than more specific and obscure issues.

libertybrewcity
08-09-2010, 05:04 PM
during the primaries you could target certain states, especially Iowa and New Hampshire and tweak the message to fit the general culture or ideology.

newbitech
08-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Before you get to things like Jury-Nullification how about hitting themes like Peace, end the wars, how the wars are draining our economy.

Seems like those would attract more attention (especially among women) than more specific and obscure issues.

yes, good point. I like the broad ranging topics. I'd like to settle on a message soon. I also do not object to multiple messages.

I'll get a list going and post a poll.

newbitech
08-09-2010, 09:31 PM
during the primaries you could target certain states, especially Iowa and New Hampshire and tweak the message to fit the general culture or ideology.

absolutely. Facebook is probably the best demographic targeting tool to happen to marketing ever, from my experience.

I think I will make a back end to the web site that will have a forum to circulate ideas for those folks who are ready to make the leap of faith as well. thanks for your input.