PDA

View Full Version : A fuller version of Joe Arnold's story on WHAS 11

sailingaway
08-08-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Official-kick-off-of-Kentucky-campaign-season-underway-with-Fancy-Farm-Picnic-100198049.html

The bare bones were there yesterday, but he seems to have filled it out a good deal. Worth a read.

jct74
08-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Nice. Joe made note of the fake Paul supporter too.

A Conway partisan mocked Paul supporters by pretending to be one. The young man carried a Rand Paul fan while wearing an aluminum foil cap and holding a poster upon which a "Dora the Explorer" pinata was affixed with duct tape, in a protest against Latino immigrants.

sailingaway
08-08-2010, 07:25 PM
I like the way he balanced it. Others quoted Conway's ending line, but Arnold also quoted Rand's:

" "Rand Paul plays to your fears rather than your hopes," Conway said, "He even rails that in America today we're like the fall of Rome. Well, you know what? I say he's wrong. I say our best days are ahead of us. And you know what? I'll quote Bill Clinton. There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed with what's right with America, Ladies and Gentleman."

"I think America's greatest days lie ahead of her," countered Paul "but only if we the citizenry, the beleaguered taxpayer, the working backbone of America join together to take this great country back."