PDA

View Full Version : some idiot wants to boycott all moslem owned businesses

cindy25
08-08-2010, 06:04 PM
YouTube - ‪Boycott All Muslim Businesses‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTHTD_CiPiw&playnext=1&videos=xdIAi36f1uI)

silverhandorder
08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
It is just that some idiot. This guy is not serious.

Liberty Star
08-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Wrong timing, just when we are trying to bring more Iraqi arab muslims to America, this idiot is promoting racism?

Under the law passed after 9/11, family members of victims of terrorism anywhere in the world can gain US residency. This could lead to millions of Iraqi arabs and Afghans coming to US in coming years. This is no way to welcome our new immigrants.

Jeremy
08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Voluntary boycotting is better than government force.

cindy25
08-08-2010, 06:28 PM
he has a right to advocate this, but it is not a good thing, and would lead to other steps by other people.

some people would think its right to smash windows of moslem businesses, or burn down mosques.

BlackTerrel
08-08-2010, 06:57 PM
So what?

You could find all kinds of nonsense on YouTube. And much worse attacks on Christians, Jews, blacks, whites, Asians and everything else.

This guy has 45 views and doesn't like Muslims. Oh no. I wonder how many of those 45 views came from us?

jmdrake
08-08-2010, 06:58 PM
he has a right to advocate this, but it is not a good thing, and would lead to other steps by other people.

some people would think its right to smash windows of moslem businesses, or burn down mosques.

I agree. The best thing is not to view his video so it won't become more popular. ;) Yeah stupid people will do stupid thing. The one good thing to remember is that Americans in general have short attention spans. Within 6 months nobody will give a rip about the mis-named "ground zero mosque". (It's not actually at ground zero).

Liberty Star
08-08-2010, 07:56 PM
You could find all kinds of nonsense on YouTube. And much worse attacks on Christians, Jews, blacks, whites, Asians and everything else.

Have to agree with BT on this as much as we disagree otherwise on aid to foreign countries.

While I support short term arab immigration from countries we are liberating as a fix to foreign policy mess, sometimes it does seem America is bit too PC about Islamists. What was most surprising was that even after 9/11, FBI stats showed more hate crimes in America against jews than muslims. Some of the American attitudes are hard to understand.

Koz
08-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I can't do it, there is this little Gyro shop in my town owned by some Muslims. Don't get me wrong, they are frickin weird people, not all Muslims just the ones that own this shop. I can't stay away though, the Gyros are too tasty and they give me extra tatziki sauce too.

Vessol
08-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Voluntary boycotting is better than government force.

This.

Not that it's not stupid, but let people boycott what they want to.

heavenlyboy34
08-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Apparently he hasn't read the first amendment yet-as if it mattered anyway.

heavenlyboy34
08-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Have to agree with BT on this as much as we disagree otherwise on aid to foreign countries.

While I support short term arab immigration from countries we are liberating as a fix to foreign policy mess, sometimes it does seem America is bit too PC about Islamists. What was most surprising was that even after 9/11, FBI stats showed more hate crimes in America against jews than muslims. Some of the American attitudes are hard to understand.

Why do Arabs deserve harsher treatment than other semitic groups? Because a few wackos committed a terrorist act? I thought this site was anti-collectivist! How disappointing. :( I've had a number of mideastern/Islamic friends, even my dentist is mideastern. They're nice people-I just don't get the hatred. It reminds me of the anti-German hatred and biggotry my ancestors faced about 100 years ago. :(

Liberty Star
08-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Why do Arabs deserve harsher treatment than other semitic groups? Because a few wackos committed a terrorist act? ..

I think you misunderstood my stance, I meant to say I support short term increase in arab immigration to US from countries we are engaged in liberating to ensure foreign policy spending balance. Once we have equal number of arabs and jews in Congress, than immigration should go back to normal rates.

Vessol
08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I think you misunderstood my stance, I meant to say I support short term increase in arab immigration to US from countries we are engaged in liberating to ensure and foreign policy spending balance. Once we have equal number of arabs and jews in Congress, than immigration should go back to normal rates.

I highly doubt an Arab/Moslem would EVER be elected to Congress or the Senate.

The only group I'm even more doubtful of ever being elected are Atheists and Non-Theists.

djdellisanti4
08-08-2010, 08:16 PM
1930s Germany is to Jewish people as 21st century America is to _____. Whoever gets it right, gets a cookie.

BlackTerrel
08-08-2010, 08:16 PM

I don't think we agree at all. I think the guy in the video is an idiot.

But I am not going to get worked up by a random dude on YouTube with 45 views.

Vessol
08-08-2010, 08:19 PM
1930s Germany is to Jewish people as 21st century America is to _____. Whoever gets it right, gets a cookie.

Nothing comes to mind.

The treatment of Moslems in America today is far better than the Nazi's did in the 30's to the Jews.

djdellisanti4
08-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Nothing comes to mind.

The treatment of Moslems in America today is far better than the Nazi's did in the 30's to the Jews.

I feel we're getting there though. If things get worse (economically) I feel that some group will become the scape goat. Either the Muslims or the Mexicans, maybe even both.

But I agree. Its nothing compared to the treatment of Jews in the 30s.

heavenlyboy34
08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
edit: n/m for now

Vessol
08-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I feel we're getting there though. If things get worse (economically) I feel that some group will become the scape goat. Either the Muslims or the Mexicans, maybe even both.

But I agree. Its nothing compared to the treatment of Jews in the 30s.

There will be a number of scapegoats. Bankers and business executives will be big on the list(not all of them are bad)

Gun owners and those whom are anti-government may definitely be targetted too.

It will be more regional than anything, though anti-government people may be nationwide scapegoated.

Liberty Star
08-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I highly doubt an Arab/Moslem would EVER be elected to Congress or the Senate.

You may not be up to date on news, there may be already over a dozen arab/moslems currently elected to Congress. That is not counting the White House seat occupied by Barack Hussein Obama whose father is said to be an African arab.

This is before the onging influx of new Iraqi refgees who cannot vote yet.

Vessol
08-08-2010, 08:38 PM
You may not be up to date on news, there may be already over a dozen arab/moslems currently elected to Congress. That is not counting the White House seat occupied by Barack Hussein Obama whose father is said to be an African arab.

Is there a reason we should be worried about Iraqi's voting? Unlike perhaps the worries on our Southern border, Iraqi's are not really politically collectivists, the few immigrants from that region I've met actually have come off as very capitalistic. I also doubt they would vote in war-mongering politicians.

james1906
08-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Keith Ellison- first Muslim elected to Congress

There's been a number of Arabs...Sununu, Issa, LaHood, Mitchell.....

djdellisanti4
08-08-2010, 08:49 PM
There will be a number of scapegoats. Bankers and business executives will be big on the list(not all of them are bad)

Gun owners and those whom are anti-government may definitely be targetted too.

It will be more regional than anything, though anti-government people may be nationwide scapegoated.

We've already seen a ton of that. Sometimes it's rightfully deserved, other times its just politicians playing the blame game.

specsaregood
08-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Wake me up when this guy starts boycotting their oil.

low preference guy
08-08-2010, 09:12 PM
interesting article:

Why Do People Say Muslim Now Instead of Moslem? (http://hnn.us/articles/524.html)

REDNECK WOMAN
08-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I have no problem boycotting them.

BlackTerrel
08-08-2010, 10:01 PM

Barak Obama is not a Muslim (whether you choose to use his middle name or not).

JustinTime
08-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Individuals can boycott whatever they want. Its not a problem until the government gets involved.

I read something similar about a year after 9/11, and people were actually responding to the idea by saying the government should ban such boycotts and keep track of where you spend money to make sure you spent some at minority owned businesses. I find that much more disgusting.

But its all just internet trash talk, no need to nmess your panties up.

libertarian4321
08-09-2010, 06:01 AM
I can't do it, there is this little Gyro shop in my town owned by some Muslims. Don't get me wrong, they are frickin weird people, not all Muslims just the ones that own this shop. I can't stay away though, the Gyros are too tasty and they give me extra tatziki sauce too.

If the gyros are good and the price is fair, I'm buying. Fuck the right wing nut jobs. This kind of nonsense is likely to make me buy more often from the target of the boycott.

Fuck the right wing extremist nut jobs and neocons.

libertarian4321
08-09-2010, 06:07 AM

Have you ever seen a picture of Obama's father? If you have, you'd have to be bat shit crazy to think he's "Arab."

If Obama's father is "Arab," I'm king of the freakin' Zulus (and I'm about as pasty ass white as any human on this earth).