PDA

View Full Version : I thought we don't want other Republicans to drop out

theseus51
10-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah, yeah, half the Republican candidates are broke. But I thought we want them in the race so they split the pro-war, pro-fascism vote? I mean we obviously can't make the candidates go broke faster, but just wondering about the mentality here.

Brock Landers
10-16-2007, 08:18 AM
The far left side of the stage will look closer to the center when HuckNstuff and Brownback and Tancredo and Hunter are gone.

We can't assume they will all be around until January, so why let them garner most of the non-Giuliani/Obama/Hillary/Romney new coverage?

I personally think that the sooner they are gone, the fewer distractions there will be in the way of getting RP's message to more americans.

goRPaul
10-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah, yeah, half the Republican candidates are broke. But I thought we want them in the race so they split the pro-war, pro-fascism vote? I mean we obviously can't make the candidates go broke faster, but just wondering about the mentality here.

Brownback, Tancredo, and Hunter combine for <4% of the "pro-war" vote. That's nothing compared to the face time they take during debates, Ron can really use that time more effectively. Huckabee and Brownback are gonna be in it til January, but its possible and preferable for the rest of them to drop out before then.

DaronWestbrooke
10-16-2007, 09:06 AM

Excatly, we want to split up their votes as much as possible in the primaries, thus increasing our overall percentage by default. If we have enough new voters and cross overs (like myself, democrats supporting Paul) we may pull out a surprise. If not, we can pretty much help ensure that the war mongers are weakened.

Kregener
10-16-2007, 09:08 AM
The "pro war" vote is not as big as you think it is. And it is shrinking all the time as people continue to wake up.

ARealConservative
10-16-2007, 09:13 AM
We don't want McCain to drop out. His failing campaign makes us look great by comparison.

As for Tancredo and Huck - I want them out.

DaronWestbrooke
10-16-2007, 09:25 AM
If Tancredo and HuckleberryFin stay in, their supporters (no matter how few) would risk voting against Dr. Paul. They are both pro-war.

BillyDkid
10-16-2007, 10:27 AM
The more people drop out, the more focus there will be on RP. That's how I look at it.

Omnis
10-16-2007, 10:37 AM
I hope Huck and at least Tancredo endorse Ron Paul.

erowe1
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
When Brownback, Tancredo, Hunter, and Huckabee drop out, a disproportionately high percentage of those who would have voted for them will choose to support Paul rather than Giuliani, Romney, McCain, and (maybe or maybe not) Thompson. This is because the people who support those candidates do so because of the liberalism of the top 4 candidates, which is baggage that only they have and Paul doesn't.
The candidates who are dividing the non-Paul votes are those top 4 guys. Those are the ones we want to keep around.

AgentPaul001
10-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Agreed. I think its possible we could see Tancredo throwing his support behind Ron Paul. The immigration crowd behind Tancredo is a decent sized segment which would definitely help.

I think Hunter will drop out after this CNN debate if he can't generate more interest.

Huckabee is polling fairly well around 6% and although he's low on Cash, I think we'll see him up until the end.

ThePantsParty
10-19-2007, 12:30 AM
brownback is dropping out this friday actually.... :)

Bradley in DC
10-19-2007, 12:34 AM
If Tancredo and HuckleberryFin stay in, their supporters (no matter how few) would risk voting against Dr. Paul. They are both pro-war.

Tancredo's people go to Paul, probably all of them.

erowe1
10-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Huckabee is polling fairly well around 6% and although he's low on Cash, I think we'll see him up until the end.

I highly doubt that. Sure he'll still be here when the primaries start. But if we get through Super Tuesday and he hasn't won any yet by then, I don't see any way he could stay in until the end. His support is almost entirely from people who want an uncompromising pro-lifer. So when he does bow out, the only people left in the race will probably be Giuliani, Romney, maybe Thompson, maybe McCain, and Paul. In that crowd, Paul will get more of those committed pro-life votes than any of the others.

F3d
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM

erowe1
10-19-2007, 02:23 PM
No, his support is the FairTaxers. The reason why he got 2nd place in the Iowa Straw Poll was because Boortz planned a FairTax rally.

Interesting. Well if this is really the case, then those people will also be liable to come over to Paul.