PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Endorsed Ed Thompson!! Yes!!!

Galileo Galilei
08-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Ron Paul Endorsed Ed Thompson!! Yes!!!

Just received this email:

----- Original Message -----
To: Gene
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: Ed Thompson for Wisconsin State Senate

Hi Gene,

Mr. Thompson has Dr. Paul's endorsement. You are welcome to report that in any annoucement you see fit. That is all we do of non-Federal candidates.

Best,
Jesse

["Gene" is Gene Cisewski, a campaign manager for the Ed Thompson campaign. I have confirmed this email with Gene and Ed Thompson.]

Ed Thompson is one of the top pro-liberty candidates in the United States! Ed has twice been elected mayor of Tomah, Wisconsin, both times winning in landslides (2000 & 2008). Ed was also elected to the Tomah City Council in 2005 even though he wasn't running for the office. That's amazing! People wrote Ed in anyway and he got over 90% of the vote! Most famously, Ed raised over $500,000 in 2002 as a third party (Libertarian) candidate for governor of Wisconsin and got over 10% of the vote! That's impressive! And post-election polls showed Ed was more popular than democrat Jim Doyle (who won the election), but people didn't vote for Ed because they didn't think a third party candidate could win. Ed's campaign manager from 2002 now works as a legislative staffer for Ron Paul in Washington.

Now Ed is running for State Senate as a Ron Paul Republican! Ron Paul endorsed Ed Thompson even though the Campaign for Liberty does not normally endorse state candidates. Ed can win. Ed out fund-raised his big-government opponent this year by 2 to 1 and rumor has it, Ed leads in the polls. But big time democrat money is flowing into the district. Ed is bracing for a multi-thousands-of-dollars deluge of bogus, negative ads; so Ed needs YOUR help!

Ed's website is here: http://edthompson.com/

I'm a friend of Ed's from Wisconsin. Ed is an awesome dude and his favorite president is Andrew Jackson. Ed sticks up for state's rights & powers. Ed defends gun rights. Ed is frugal. Ed's uncontested primary is in September and the real deal is in November. Ed faces a vulnerable one-term incumbent. Now is the time to strike while the iron is hot. Ed Thompson rocks! Google Ed Thompson! Please support Ed Thompson now!

Ed Thompson - A Remarkable Man
YouTube - ‪A Remarkable Man-Trailer‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOsHemzcMMo)

Brian Defferding
08-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Awesome news! I wish Ed was in my district, but nevertheless I will make a donation.

haaaylee
08-08-2010, 07:17 AM
Do we have poll numbers for him?

nateerb
08-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah!

Ed's kind of our home state Ron Paul. Hope he does well.

Galileo Galilei
08-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Do we have poll numbers for him?

None that are public. Ed has equal or greater name recognition and has an edge in popularity. On the other hand, his opponent is an incumbent and a lot of outside money is coming in. Ed is campaigning hard, and this is a GOP year.

I have old poll results, but not current.

carlos1215
08-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Ed Thompson is the better brother of Tommy Thompson...

Ed is also an outspoken 911 Truther if I'm not mistaken.

Elwar
08-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Ed rocks...

Tommy Thompson became governor and then U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services because he's Ed's brother.

libertybrewcity
08-08-2010, 04:30 PM
He better run for governor after Scott Walker serves his terms

:) Great news! We will finally have some common sense in Wisconsin.

Galileo Galilei
08-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Ed Thompson is the better brother of Tommy Thompson...

Ed is also an outspoken 911 Truther if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldn't call Ed a Truther, but he is open to a new investigation and is aware of WTC 7.

Brian Defferding
08-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh God, even if he hints at the government hiding a conspiracy, no thanks. We have seen what happened with Debra Medina. It's an embarrassing position to even hint at, and quite frankly it's wrong and huge tinfoil hattery that I do not want to associate with, no less support. Come on, Ed! Let's stick to talking about how to fix our economy, especially Wisconsin's shittacular economy.

Galileo Galilei
08-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Oh God, even if he hints at the government hiding a conspiracy, no thanks. We have seen what happened with Debra Medina. It's an embarrassing position to even hint at, and quite frankly it's wrong and huge tinfoil hattery that I do not want to associate with, no less support. Come on, Ed! Let's stick to talking about how to fix our economy, especially Wisconsin's shittacular economy.

Err, the 9/11 attacks are not a state issue. He's not running on that.

Brian Defferding
08-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Err, the 9/11 attacks are not a state issue. He's not running on that.

I know. But the moment anyone brings it up in an election, even if it's not what he's running on or not in his authority, can be a PR kill switch.

Galileo Galilei
08-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I know. But the moment anyone brings it up in an election, even if it's not what he's running on or not in his authority, can be a PR kill switch.

Ed didn't bring it up, the democrats did. Ed did some interviews a few years ago on the subject. The subject has already been dropped a long time ago as unproductive. You are confusing a GOP primary, what Medina was in, with a general election, which Ed is in.

Another difference is that most people already know who Ed Thompson is. With Medina, most people did not. So that means cheap shots don't work against Ed.

Polls are very clear that most people support a real 9/11 investigation. However, as I said, that is an issue for federal candidates. Ed is not running for federal office.

Galileo Galilei
08-09-2010, 01:56 PM
state senator plagirarizing husband's work

Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, D-Alma, faces Republican Ed Thompson, former Gov. Tommy Thompson's brother, in the November election. Vinehout's husband, Douglas Kane, was a consultant for former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

The Republican Party says three essays Vinehout wrote about corporate taxes over the last three years lift passages nearly verbatim from her husband's columns. The GOP says the moves amount to plagiarism and call her credibility into question.

Neither Vinehout nor Kane immediately returned a message left with Vinehout's campaign.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/sns-ap-wi--copycatsenator,0,6292775.story

:-)

Brian Defferding
08-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Ed didn't bring it up, the democrats did. Ed did some interviews a few years ago on the subject. The subject has already been dropped a long time ago as unproductive. You are confusing a GOP primary, what Medina was in, with a general election, which Ed is in.

I know the difference between the two, but it's still an election whether it be primary or general, and my point still stands.

Another difference is that most people already know who Ed Thompson is. With Medina, most people did not. So that means cheap shots don't work against Ed.

Polls are very clear that most people support a real 9/11 investigation. However, as I said, that is an issue for federal candidates. Ed is not running for federal office.

Right. And I know the subject is a federal matter, but this is politics. Fights get dirty and shots will always be thrown at the other side, to which it unfortunately does have an effect. It's good to see the subject has been dropped awhile back, I just hope it stays that way.

Anyway, I hope Ed wins :cool: It would be a great victory.

Galileo Galilei
08-09-2010, 02:31 PM
I know the difference between the two, but it's still an election whether it be primary or general, and my point still stands.

Ron Paul has already stated he supports a new 9/11 investigation. Ed basically has he same position on this issue as Ron Paul.

Right. And I know the subject is a federal matter, but this is politics. Fights get dirty and shots will always be thrown at the other side, to which it unfortunately does have an effect. It's good to see the subject has been dropped awhile back, I just hope it stays that way.

Anyway, I hope Ed wins :cool: It would be a great victory.

I'm pretty sure Ed will win, but it is not a shoe-in, any help he can get is needed. There is a real lack of polls. I have heard reports of internal polls and supposedly Ed is winning. Remember, Ed is running against an incumbent. The district leans democrat as well, but maybe not this year. The portion of the district Ed is in, his assembly district, is a GOP area. Each senate district has three assembly seats in it.

As for the 9/11 stuff, remember the ads that Trey Grayson ran against Rand Paul? They didn't work at all, and that was in a GOP primary. To the extent that 9/11 comes into play, it will benefit Ed.

Ed is very popular in Wisconsin, especially from Madison area up to the Eau Claire area. Ed's district runs from the Tomah area up to Eau Claire.