PDA

View Full Version : Do you Like Investigating Conspiracy Theories?

michaelwise
08-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I am a conspiracy theory investigator and love cracking a good conspiracy.

Do you have a favorite cracked conspiracy of your own? Tell me about it.

One of my favorite cracked conspiracies is the cover up of the attack on the USS Liberty.

The Loss Of Liberty (USS Liberty Cover-Up) HQ on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/13333096)

I am still waiting for my all time favorite conspiracy to be cracked; What really happened on 9/11?

YouTube - ‪FireFighters for 911 Truth.org - Finally‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGB2YoGV-I&feature=player_embedded)

YumYum
08-07-2010, 08:33 PM
My dad met a man who was with the IDF. This man told my dad that his unit blew up the Marine barracks in Beirut in 1983.

I thought this was interesting. It's on wiki:

Mossad conspiracy theory

Former Mossad agent Victor Ostrovsky has accused the Mossad of knowing of the plans for the bombing, but decided against informing the Americans of the attack. According to Ostrovsky, then Mossad head Nahum Admoni decided against informing the Americans on the grounds that the Mossad's responsibility was to protect Israel's interests, not Americans. Admoni denied having any prior knowledge of the attack. Ostrovsky further claimed that among the high level officers of the Mossad there was a view that if the Americans "wanted to stick their nose into this Lebanon thing, let them pay the price." Benny Morris, in his review of Osrtovsky's book, wrote that Ostrovsky was "barely a case officer before he was fired; most of his (brief) time in the agency was spent as a trainee" adding that due to compartmentalization "he did not and could not have had much knowledge of then current Mossad operations, let alone operational history." Benny Morris wrote that the claim regarding the barracks was "odd" and an example of one of Ostrovsky's "Wet" stories which were "mostly fabricated."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombing

freshjiva
08-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I think your poll question is flawed. I don't like to investigate a theory depending on whether its a conspiracy or not, but whether the substance of the theory involves something I'm interested in.

Example: Am I interested in the idea of government covering up a possible UFO crash at Roswell? No. Am I interested in the idea of government possibly orchestrating 9/11? Yes.

Depends on the individual.

kkassam
08-07-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm a rationalist and a skeptic and most of the stuff conspiracy theorists talk about doesn't pass the common sense test and is therefore pretty boring to me. Nonetheless, conspiracies and 'open conspiracies' do exist and I'm interested in learning about them.

The way the question was phrased I could have answered either way. I went with yes, with the caveat that what I'm really interested in is what Murray Rothbard called power elite analysis (e.g. Wall Street, Banks and American Foreign Policy) (http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard66.html)--that's why I love sources like Bob Wenzel's EconomicPolicyJournal (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/) which keeps track of the shenanigans of the Fedsters, the banksters and the rest of the political class.

jmdrake
08-07-2010, 10:33 PM
I think your poll question is flawed. I don't like to investigate a theory depending on whether its a conspiracy or not, but whether the substance of the theory involves something I'm interested in.

Example: Am I interested in the idea of government covering up a possible UFO crash at Roswell? No. Am I interested in the idea of government possibly orchestrating 9/11? Yes.

Depends on the individual.

^This. And I'd add it's not necessarily a question of "like". Nobody "likes" getting screened for cancer. But it's something that needs to be done. If false information is leading people to make bad decisions (giving up freedoms, supporting endless wars etc.) then that false information is like a cancer. And just like some people would rather not know about cancer, some people would rather not know about potential conspiracies. But what you don't know can hurt you.

tpreitzel
08-07-2010, 10:39 PM
You need another option...

Personally, I don't LIKE investigating conspiracies, but personal experience has proven the NECESSITY of investigating them.

Liberty Star
08-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Investigate important events and causes, not theories.

jake
08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
will 9/11 truthers ever be silenced? (or, their theories proven?)
look at things like the "faked moon landings"

YumYum
08-08-2010, 08:57 PM
will 9/11 truthers ever be silenced? (or, their theories proven?)
look at things like the "faked moon landings"

I don't believe we went to the moon. BTY, the solar blast we are having right would incinerate any astronauts on their way to the moon.

low preference guy
08-08-2010, 08:58 PM
9-11 was an inside job.

lol!

newbitech
08-08-2010, 09:34 PM
I think the poll is valid. You could simply check, "no" and then in the comments say something like, while I dislike investigating conspiracy theories, I will do it if the circumstances are important enough to reveal the truth.

Anyways, yes.

I think I am a naturally curious individual, and to me, every thing is a conspiracy. So I like to see which theories turn out to be the closest to the truth.