PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had experience with telephone town hall meeting?

Schifference
08-07-2010, 05:58 AM
I have been called here in Connecticut by congressional candidate Anne Brickley. She had a phone town hall conference. Many people on the phone at the same time listening. If you had a question to ask you pressed a number and were directed to a screener and then put in line. All listeners are able to hear other people being called from within Connecticut ask the person questions. Seems like this might be good for Peter.

G-Wohl
08-07-2010, 06:02 AM
I have been called here in Connecticut by congressional candidate Anne Brickley. She had a phone town hall conference. Many people on the phone at the same time listening. If you had a question to ask you pressed a number and were directed to a screener and then put in line. All listeners are able to hear other people being called from within Connecticut ask the person questions. Seems like this might be good for Peter.

I listened in on one being run by Jim Himes when the House was trying to pass the health care bill, and it was surprising how many folks were participating.

It's probably not as effective as phone banking, and probably more expensive. A teleconference on Monday/Tuesday nights could be very effective.

CTPINES
08-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Peter did that a few weeks ago. I listened for about 10 minutes. The questions seemed like things people in the liberty movement would ask and not questions that an average Connecticut voter would ask.

Jeremy
08-07-2010, 07:56 AM
I got a call for a Linda one. MRoCkEd got a Peter one a while ago.