PDA

View Full Version : Krugman gets his ass handed to him by commenters on his blog

Brian Defferding
08-06-2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/08/paul_krugman_gives_up_1.html

A marvelous thing happened over on Paul Krugman's blog at the New York Times last week. Krugman effectively conceded defeat on a range of economic debates. Who defeated him? People who posted comments on his New York Times blog. Mere commenters.

It got so bad, he has now, contrary to New York Times policy, limited the number of characters in each comment so people can no longer post detailed rebuttals.

angelatc
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
This is an excellent article. I especially love the comment from "Latrina" that he included.

Bruno
08-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I saw that yesterday, but didn't read the article. Man, those commenters slammed him for months. He has lost a lot of credibility, thankfully.

noxagol
08-06-2010, 03:18 PM
This is an excellent article. I especially love the comment from "Latrina" that he included.

Yes, it was a good one.

nate895
08-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Just goes to show that the Nobel Prize means nothing these days.

Bruno
08-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Just goes to show that the Nobel Prize means nothing these days.

When did it, really?

BetaMale
08-06-2010, 03:26 PM
When did it, really?

1976: http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/1976/

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 03:30 PM
haha awesome

Young Paleocon
08-06-2010, 03:38 PM
1976: http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/1976/

Yea thats bullshit try this.....
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/1974/hayek.html

BetaMale
08-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Yea thats bullshit try this.....
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/1974/hayek.html

Yup. I think there's definitely some bias that goes into these decisions, especially more recently (Obama, WTF?!), which tends to negatively affect the perception of the award. There are certainly some deserving winners.

georgiaboy
08-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Great, great news! Love the article.

Sentient Void
08-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Fucking *glorious*.

Cognitive dissoanance is *truly* a bitch, Krugman - isn't it?

Sending this VIRAL... especially amongst my dumbass progressive friends who LOVE to tout how great Krugman is (of which they have absolutely ZILCH economic understanding, naturally).

Too bad this can't be digg-dugg[ed]!

Brian Defferding
08-06-2010, 08:42 PM
At this point, anyone that quotes krugman to support their point on a forum, I am just going to reply with a picture of a clown and a link to that article.

Bern
08-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Loved reading that article.

rp4prez
08-06-2010, 09:25 PM
That was fucking great! hahaha... I have an "acquaintance" who acts _exactly_ how Krugman is portrayed in this article. I'm so busting him out! haha..

nate895
08-06-2010, 09:55 PM
That was fucking great! hahaha... I have an "acquaintance" who acts _exactly_ how Krugman is portrayed in this article. I'm so busting him out! haha..

My fmr. best friend, turned total asshole, was a Krugmanite. Something happened to him where he went batshit insane a couple of months ago and went totally off the liberal deep end (he always was a liberal, just not too out-of-the-ordinary), and also became a total jackass in the process.

rp4prez
08-06-2010, 10:08 PM
My fmr. best friend, turned total asshole, was a Krugmanite. Something happened to him where he went batshit insane a couple of months ago and went totally off the liberal deep end (he always was a liberal, just not too out-of-the-ordinary), and also became a total jackass in the process.

I've found that most liberals when you start throwing facts at them that disprove what they want to believe they start calling you names, laughing at you, and dismissing you as not with the "majority" of how people think. And some how that's still supposed to make those facts disappear and make my argument wrong and their's right. I tell you it's totally messed up. lol

jclay2
08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=rp4prez;2829344]I've found that most liberals when you start throwing facts at them that disprove what they want to believe they start calling you names, laughing at you, and dismissing you as not with the "majority" of how people think. And some how that's still supposed to make those facts disappear and make my argument wrong and their's right. I tell you it's totally messed up. lol[/Q

Yep, that be it. Its funny what happens when you make people use the abstract part of their brains.

Bergie Bergeron
08-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Canada and it's provinces all had their stimulus plans and seem in pretty good shape. Was their economy better to begin with?

michaelwise
08-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Same thing happened on the climate science blogs like Realclimate and over at Huffington Post. The choir has changed it's tune and the gate keepers have become overwhelmed. The progressive ideologues don't have a chance on the un-censored blogs like WUWT where truth with a well reasoned argument is presented. The touchy feely subjective thought processes are being replaced with the objective arguments based on hard facts. It's like someone turned off the fluoride tap.

lester1/2jr
08-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I sometimes deabte these guys at salon comments. all they talk about is how the bosses make 100 times more than their employees and that we need to go back to the 90 percent taxrate like they had in the 60's because that was apparently the golden age of civilization. and it was BECAUSE of that tax rate

noxagol
08-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I sometimes deabte these guys at salon comments. all they talk about is how the bosses make 100 times more than their employees and that we need to go back to the 90 percent taxrate like they had in the 60's because that was apparently the golden age of civilization. and it was BECAUSE of that tax rate

Yeah, these are guys that would turn into those natives on islands that had air strips on them during ww2. They make immitation radios and air strips thinking this will get planes to land because that is what the airstrip personel were wearing.