PDA

View Full Version : Boots on The Ground in New Haven

samsung1
08-06-2010, 12:29 PM
We got a small crew this weekend going door to door in downtown New haven. we are going to try to get small business owners to display Schiff for senate signs on their store fronts. Going door to door is a great way to interact with the voters.

malkusm
08-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Excellent!

If we have any other members in the New Haven area, please consider contacting samsung1 via private message to help out! :)

G-Wohl
08-06-2010, 04:15 PM
We got a small crew this weekend going door to door in downtown New haven. we are going to try to get small business owners to display Schiff for senate signs on their store fronts. Going door to door is a great way to interact with the voters.

This is an interesting idea! I've just been going to residential areas, but downtown small businesses would be another great attraction. I think the owners of Sally's are republicans;)

pahs1994
08-06-2010, 04:44 PM
please update on what kind of reception you get. keep up the good work

ninepointfive
08-06-2010, 05:07 PM
awesome!

iFollowPeterSchiff
08-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I encourage you to try to borrow/bring a 3G iPad an preload it with the iFollowPeterSchiff app. (You might also have 'Who is Peter Schiff' and 'Peter Schiff Was Right' in the iTunes library predownloaded and ready to go.)

I've heard this presentation of allowing people to see who Peter Schiff via movies and articles with their own eyes right there has been very effective.

If a 3G iPad isn't possible, then an iPhone would suffice. But the immersive large display on the iPad seems more compelling.

G-Wohl
08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
I encourage you to try to borrow/bring a 3G iPad an preload it with the iFollowPeterSchiff app. (You might also have 'Who is Peter Schiff' and 'Peter Schiff Was Right' in the iTunes library predownloaded and ready to go.)

I've heard this presentation of allowing people to see who Peter Schiff via movies and articles with their own eyes right there has been very effective.

If a 3G iPad isn't possible, then an iPhone would suffice. But the immersive large display on the iPad seems more compelling.

I've saved the Peter Schiff was Right (version 2) YouTube clip to my wifi iPad, and I have actually used it a few times when canvassing. Most of the time I don't have time to show people these clips, but once in a while, when I've gotten somebody really interested in Peter, the iPad has come in use. It usually seals the deal.

WorldonaString
08-07-2010, 01:58 AM
I bet that Ipad is useful as ever!

eOs
08-07-2010, 02:20 AM

off topic bump, but what does the ipad do that the new mobile phones like iphone and android don't?

Kotin
08-07-2010, 02:38 AM
off topic bump, but what does the ipad do that the new mobile phones like iphone and android don't?

It's the bigger screen that matters.

iFollowPeterSchiff
08-07-2010, 03:01 AM

I think it just means we got Peter Schiff content on the iPad now.

For iFollowPeterSchiff, the feature set is the same as iPhone/iPod touch, but I rewrote the user interface for the iPad to take advantage of its larger screen size and special UI classes.

I borrowed an iPad to develop it which I have since returned. (The simulator is useless for YouTube stuff.) Even I was surprised at how nice the iPad version came out. Presentation-wise, the larger screen just feels more immersive. And user-interface wise, things just seemed to flow very naturally and easily.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who felt this way. iPadTabletCentral.com (http://iPadTabletCentral.com) told me my iPad interface blew away the iPhone one. (They were kind enough to announce (http://www.ipadtabletcentral.com/?p=2482) the app too.)

It's probably hard to tell from the screenshots, but you might take a look at the galleries (http://playcontrol.net/iFollowPeterSchiff/screenshot-gallery/) on my website.

I wish I still had an iPad…but my spare money went to Peter's campaign. (No book or t-shirt to show for it either. :( )

Good hunting to all of you on the ground this weekend!