PDA

View Full Version : Maddow: GOP embraces extremists on abortion

itshappening
08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
In this segment, Maddow takes shots at Sharron Angle, Rand Paul and Ken Buck on their positions on abortion:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#38586137

spudea
08-06-2010, 09:12 AM
sorry but I refuse to watch or give any traffic to that communist hag. I know shes wrong before I click on the link so its pointless

Elwar
08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Maddow is an extremist.

Bruno
08-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Maddow shows desperation

FrankRep
08-06-2010, 09:29 AM
sorry but I refuse to watch or give any traffic to that communist hag. I know shes wrong before I click on the link so its pointless

Agreed!

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I thought it was a good segment. they are for small government but they want the government to somehow ensure women don't get abortions because they are personally pro life.

FrankRep
08-06-2010, 09:37 AM
I thought it was a good segment. they are for small government but they want the government to somehow ensure women don't get abortions because they are personally pro life.

You actually watch Maddow? :(

Southron
08-06-2010, 09:56 AM

Well if they believe abortion is murder then of course they want the government to stop it.

ChaosControl
08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Maddow is so far left that she'd think someone opposing partial birth abortion is an extremist.

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 10:36 AM
frankrep- is there a rule against that?

Rifleman- don't get me wrong I'm not saying they are in any way hypocrites and I respect the pro life position, but it's not a small government one other than it puts moral power in the hands of "the community" rather than the state.

it would require some doing to prosecute people for getting or giving abortions.

people SHOULD consider the positions of these folks when they vote. it was a fair piece.

JohnEngland
08-06-2010, 10:49 AM

My name's JohnEngland and I approve this message.

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 10:55 AM
well we live in a free country you don't have to watch what you don't want

but others will watch it and her point will drive some away from those candidates, believe me.

so not giving her traffic isn't likey to settle the debate

Monarchist
08-06-2010, 10:58 AM
but others will watch it and her point will drive some away from those candidates, believe me.

If they're watching MadCow chances are the idea of voting for Rand Paul, etc. never even entered their mind.

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I watch her sometimes and I would vote for Rand.

Golding
08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Not going to lend any hits to MSNBC, less to Maddow. The reality of the situation is that it's not "extremism" to recognize abortion for what it is. It's a violent act.

Seems like they're trying to peg anyone who isn't willing to compromise their beliefs "extremist", because they are well aware that doing so lends more advantage to its permission. I'm happy when Congressmen vehemently argue and roadblock one another. It is the only thing filtering the nonsense that they pass. Unifying Congress (especially towards centrism) is one of the things I look for a politician to tout so I can eagerly vote against them.

Brian4Liberty
08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Abortion is a red herring, but I repeat myself.

As for Maddow, she is a propagandist for the Communist/Big Government Establishment. Notice how she is using the segment to attack the 3 major "Tea Party" Senate candidates. She is purely an establishment hack here, as she is only going after the candidates that might veer away from the big government Party line. This is not about abortion.

dannno
08-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't see how abortion laws can really be enforced without gross privacy violations. Why on earth does the STATE even KNOW that Woman A who wants to get an abortion is pregnant?

How does the STATE even KNOW what tools or remedies a 'doctor' has in his office? Are we really going to start regulating medical care over this issue? Or are we going to live in a free society?

I think this is where most libertarians are coming from. It's not that they like abortions or think that murdering fetuses is OK, it is that enforcing of such laws is not compatible with a free society because of what I stated above. If a citizen is murdered, there are records that they were alive. There is a birth certificate at a hospital, maybe some records at their church or school.. maybe they have a job.. people know them and will inevitably want to know why they haven't seen them for some time. At that point there is evidence of this person's existence and disappearance. In order for the government to attain evidence of the existence of a fetus goes against an individual's privacy.

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 11:19 AM
maddow is no worse than FOX . theres no libertarian station except maybe fox business when they have stossel or the judge.

I'll take her over hannity any day. she's more antiwar

ChaosControl
08-06-2010, 11:36 AM
What you can do about abortion is outlaw abortion clinics for one. You cannot know who all is pregnant obviously and you cannot know if they tried to induce a miscarriage or something, but at the very least you can outlaw abortion clinics and any funding of abortion in any form.

Krugerrand
08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I don't see how abortion laws can really be enforced without gross privacy violations. Why on earth does the STATE even KNOW that Woman A who wants to get an abortion is pregnant?

How does the STATE even KNOW what tools or remedies a 'doctor' has in his office? Are we really going to start regulating medical care over this issue? Or are we going to live in a free society?

I think this is where most libertarians are coming from. It's not that they like abortions or think that murdering fetuses is OK, it is that enforcing of such laws is not compatible with a free society because of what I stated above. If a citizen is murdered, there are records that they were alive. There is a birth certificate at a hospital, maybe some records at their church or school.. maybe they have a job.. people know them and will inevitably want to know why they haven't seen them for some time. At that point there is evidence of this person's existence and disappearance. In order for the government to attain evidence of the existence of a fetus goes against an individual's privacy.

Many women who have abortions regret the procedures. If offered immunity for testimony, they could testify against the person who performed the abortion.

No body else knows - only if nobody tells.

georgiaboy
08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Really, Rachel? I had hoped this type of silliness was beneath you, based on the few times I actually saw you treat Ron respectfully.

georgiaboy
08-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Many women who have abortions regret the procedures.

Understatement of the century.

dannno
08-06-2010, 12:01 PM
What you can do about abortion is outlaw abortion clinics for one. You cannot know who all is pregnant obviously and you cannot know if they tried to induce a miscarriage or something, but at the very least you can outlaw abortion clinics and any funding of abortion in any form.

When you outlaw abortion clinics then they will call it something else. Eventually the state will catch on and start sending FBI and swat teams types all over the place to find these now back-alley abortion clinics, which will keep changing their names and become not only more dangerous but also more lucrative.

I feel like in a free society abortions would not occur often anyway.. people would use cheap, natural abortive remedies that they can take as soon as they find out they are pregnant. Unfortunately it is probably illegal to sell an abortive tea. Otherwise I would think they would sell it at the store. You want to stop the violence, end the prohibition against selling natural abortive teas. These only work in the early stages of pregnancy and simply cause a miscarriage.

ChaosControl
08-06-2010, 12:05 PM
eople would use cheap, natural abortive remedies that they can take as soon as they find out they are pregnant
That is still abortion.

It isn't a "name" you go after. But at the very least places like "planned parenthood" and hospitals and clinics would no longer offer the procedure as it'd be outlawed. If some would induced her own miscarriage to murder her offspring or if she paid some shady character to do it in a back alley, sure you cannot stop all of that, but at least without all the legal clinics the amount of procedures would decrease.

TheeJoeGlass
08-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Abortion is a red herring, but I repeat myself.

As for Maddow, she is a propagandist for the Communist/Big Government Establishment. Notice how she is using the segment to attack the 3 major "Tea Party" Senate candidates. She is purely an establishment hack here, as she is only going after the candidates that might veer away from the big government Party line. This is not about abortion.

She is such a hypocrite. Just because she has a different opinion than him does not make him extreme. And if ratings do not matter as she tried to claim, why so much media the last week?

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 12:11 PM
she is saying they are extreme because they are against abortion even in cases of rape and incest. in general that's on the far end of the anti abortion opinion.

ChaosControl
08-06-2010, 12:12 PM
she is saying they are extreme because they are against abortion even in cases of rape and incest. in general that's on the far end of the anti abortion opinion.

Its the consistent position. If you allow for rape/incest you're saying you don't care about the child and that you only oppose it as a means to force the woman to be responsible for her actions.

TheeJoeGlass
08-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Understatement of the century.

For the most part, they just do not understand the process and think that they will be just fine and dandy and go about their lives. Thats not the case. Whenever I hear the rape and incest crap, all I think about is how many suicides parents have to deal with. It should be mandatory that they have to watch a 3D ultra sound to see how the baby reacts during the murder. And yes, even in cases of rape and incest.

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 12:14 PM
well. I'm glad people here are confident in their opinions but that doesn't mean there was anything wrong or untoward about the segment. you should be happy she is giving your beliefs more publicity. she is in effect spreading your message.

TheeJoeGlass
08-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Really, Rachel? I had hoped this type of silliness was beneath you, based on the few times I actually saw you treat Ron respectfully.

They never treat him respectfully. They cant argue with him so they just instantly play the kook card and dismiss him and his arguements as not worthy of rational thought. Otherwise known as elitists.

TheeJoeGlass
08-06-2010, 12:20 PM
maddow is no worse than FOX . theres no libertarian station except maybe fox business when they have stossel or the judge.

I'll take her over hannity any day. she's more antiwar

She's only anti-war when a Republican is in office. She has been very careful regarding Obama's war. Whenever she talks bad about it, it was Bush's fault.

specsaregood
08-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Maddow also embraces extermists on abortion; just on the other side.
So I guess it is a "takes one to know one" situation.

youngbuck
08-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Haha, exactly my sentiment as well.

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 12:27 PM