PDA

View Full Version : Black Tea Party members 8/4 Press Conference

Valli6
08-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Tea party members speak out about racism claims and the NAACP.
National Press Club - August 4, 2010
UPDATE Note: These people are tea party supporters that happen to be black. They are NOT trying to form a separate group. My apologies if some were misled by the wording of the title. They got together for this press conference only for the sake of enlightening the media.
YouTube - ‪Reporters vs. Conservative Black Leaders at Press Conference 8 4 2010‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GizNwzKo3n8)

4 minutes with Bob Parks
YouTube - ‪National Black Conservative Press Conference‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YiJfgMySVM)

UPDATE! Additional video:

Black Conservatives Rebut Tea Party Racism Claims
(10:03) YouTube - ‪Black Conservatives Rebut Tea Party Racism Claims‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd71TEn5E6o)
Includes Frantz Kebreau on what constitutes racism, Niger Innis compares how civil rights protesters in the 60's were infiltrated by agent provocateurs and "purposeful attempts to inject racists within the tea party." Bob Parks on photoshop and and the media's failure to spot it's use. More on the signs.

michaelwise
08-05-2010, 09:29 PM
That was just beautiful.

eOs
08-05-2010, 09:31 PM
why isn't there a national white conservative conference? Fuck these guys. This is straight up racism.

silus
08-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Yea man, this is just like BET!

Kregisen
08-05-2010, 09:47 PM
why isn't there a national white conservative conference? Fuck these guys. This is straight up racism.

+1

michaelwise
08-05-2010, 09:57 PM
why isn't there a national white conservative conference? Fuck these guys. This is straight up racism.Oh come on. We do want to have people of all color join our movement and keep the doors open to everyone don't we? The race baiting lame stream media tries to keep us divided, so once in a while it is necessary to call them out on their divisiveness with a show of force like this.

eOs
08-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Oh come on. We do want to have people of all color join our movement and keep the doors open to everyone don't we? The race baiting lame stream media tries to keep us divided, so once in a while it is necessary to call them out on their divisiveness with a show of force like this.

The 2nd guy that speaks in the first video makes a statement about even having the word 'race' on applications and forms is ridiculous and should be a non-issue. Yet look at their own name and members..Total hypocrisy.

Kregisen
08-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh come on. We do want to have people of all color join our movement and keep the doors open to everyone don't we? The race baiting lame stream media tries to keep us divided, so once in a while it is necessary to call them out on their divisiveness with a show of force like this.

Yes, we want all individuals in the freedom movement.....we do not want racist collective groups in the freedom movement.

08-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Yes, we want all individuals in the freedom movement.....we do not want racist collective groups in the freedom movement.

Isn't that the point of the freedom movement? They have the freedom to associate with anyone, even if they all happen to share skin tone. As Ron Paul pointed out in 2008, he doesn't endorse everyone's personal philosophy but invites everyone to support his freedom philosophy.

WaltM
08-05-2010, 10:17 PM
On the birthday of Obama, Louis Armstrong and Helen Thomas?

OUCH!

michaelwise
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I just hope they don't start calling these guys "self hating black people".:eek:

WaltM
08-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I just hope the don't start calling these guys "self hating black people".:eek:

they will, the way to disprove racism is by showing that people are not racist, or ask the accuser to present proof, not tell them "we got blacks" as if blacks never make mistakes or can't be self hating (many things in today's world can be regarded as 'self hating', much like being 'unpatriotic' or treasonous).

Kregisen
08-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Isn't that the point of the freedom movement? They have the freedom to associate with anyone, even if they all happen to share skin tone. As Ron Paul pointed out in 2008, he doesn't endorse everyone's personal philosophy but invites everyone to support his freedom philosophy.

Yes and it's legal to be a racist....it's also legal to choose not to associate with them.

08-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes and it's legal to be a racist....it's also legal to choose not to associate with them.

So if my friends and I endorse liberty but are all white/black/etc should we be shunned too simply based on our race collectively?

michaelwise
08-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Racist attitudes are a natural un-removable condition of the human element. You would have to cut off the heads of every human on the planet to completely get rid of it. Not an option. Just accept it and get a life.

silus
08-05-2010, 11:01 PM
No disrespect, but its idiots like you that would characterize any large member associations as a "collectivist group." The problem is that you get stupid when race comes into the picture, but its no different than when ANY particular interest group is trying to influence for the benefit of its members. The issue here is that black people in the black community for one reason or another may feel a racial divide preventing them from associating themselves with ideas they believe in. "Collectivist" groups like this attempt to change the context and rewrite what the supposed parameters are for believing in certain ideals.

P.S. You don't know what racism is, so stop aligning yourself with every god damn media outlet that thinks they can just throw that word around mindlessly.

WaltM
08-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Racist attitudes are a natural un-removable condition of the human element. You would have to cut off the heads of every human on the planet to completely get rid of it. Not an option. Just accept it and get a life.

i agree. some people here actually believe cutting every head is the more acceptable option, sigh

low preference guy
08-05-2010, 11:11 PM
i agree. some people here actually believe cutting every head is the more acceptable option, sigh

who?

WaltM
08-05-2010, 11:14 PM
No disrespect, but its idiots like you that would characterize any large member associations as a "collectivist group."

including our own movement, lol

The problem is that you get stupid when race comes into the picture, but its no different than when ANY particular interest group is trying to influence for the benefit of its members.

because the liberal media and education system has taught them to believe racism is the most unacceptable form of collectivism, and money is the only acceptable way to discriminate.

The issue here is that black people in the black community for one reason or another may feel a racial divide preventing them from associating themselves with ideas they believe in. "Collectivist" groups like this attempt to change the context and rewrite what the supposed parameters are for believing in certain ideals.

P.S. You don't know what racism is, so stop aligning yourself with every god damn media outlet that thinks they can just throw that word around mindlessly.

yeah, quit playing their game.

WaltM
08-05-2010, 11:15 PM
who?

i fear for my life to name them

low preference guy
08-05-2010, 11:16 PM
i fear for my life to name them

translation: i'm making it up.

Kregisen
08-05-2010, 11:46 PM
The issue here is that black people in the black community for one reason or another may feel a racial divide preventing them from associating themselves with ideas they believe in.

There's nothing in the freedom movement even mentioning race....it's irrelevant.

"Collectivist" groups like this attempt to change the context and rewrite what the supposed parameters are for believing in certain ideals.

There SHOULDN'T be parameters for believing in certain ideals.

You're right, a group that only accepts members of one race isn't necessarily racist, but it's racial discrimination.....either a.) they reject non-blacks due to race or b.) accept non-blacks into their collective group for blacks and thus destroys the whole point of having the group.

Instead of having the "whites for freedom" and "blacks for freedom" let's have the "people for freedom"....what's so hard about that?

RonPaulwillWin
08-06-2010, 12:56 AM

Did you even watch the whole video?

Valli6
08-06-2010, 10:30 AM
why isn't there a national white conservative conference? Fuck these guys. This is straight up racism."
"Total hypocrisy."
"we do not want racist collective groups in the freedom movement."
You can't write these guys off as collectivists! They attend "tea parties", not "black tea parties"! They have valid reasons for banding together here and don't normally limit themselves to associating only with others exactly like them, as typical minority groups do!

The mainstream media wants to convince us that black conservatives don't exist! And on the rare occasion that a black conservative gets a chance to speak, there is too often an oddball, roll-your-eyes-in-disbelief, kind of attitude towards him/her.

Consider the response to black conservatives from those supremely tolerant:rolleyes: progressive types! Always, ALWAYS - "brain-washed!", "too stupid to know what's good for him", "traitor to his own", "self-hating", "stockholm syndrome", "uncle tom!", etc. What incredibly insulting presumptions! And if you really want to see hate, check out the comments regarding them at the huffingtonpost and such! Somehow, progressives find this racism acceptable!!!

There's never any attempt to comprehend their viewpoints or how they came to form their beliefs! And yet, clearly these are the people who are thinking outside of the box, who question what's been determined "normal" or "correct" and consider other options! The constant insults and misconceptions discourage other minorities from considering options not approved of by their political leaders! How many will waste their lives waiting for "their group" to be saved by others, rather than recognizing that they personally can consider alternatives and actively initiate change? When will they stop being marginalized and discredited as "kooks", "nutcases", etc? I think years from now, this treatment will be denounced for the bigotry it is! Funny, they could use a little support from someone like the NAACP!

Consider the points being made - For example:

(5:45) "The purpose of this gathering is to express that their are no racial motivations or content in the tea party movement. That's the purpose of this gathering. Now as it pertains to your questions , Im sure that there are a lot of people here that are politically involved, but this was not a gathering to endorse a politician or to get into that arena. This is just emphatically stating - the tea party movement DOES NOT endorse racism, and has not and will not.

(6:15) "And something els too. The purpose of this press conference is to introduce America to all of these conservatives! Like every time I talk to the media they're always saying, 'Where are the blacks?! Where are the blacks?!' Well, here's the blacks!'

(6:35) "And as far as policy - It's very simple for me, and the reason - I think the tea party supports this lock stock and barrel - It's about the constitution!….Read the 10th amendment - very specifically - and find out what the word "delegate" - "powers not delegated" mean! Because it's a lack of understanding what our founding documents are that have brought us to this point where we're actually ready to give up our republic in exchange for a social democracy!"

UPDATE! I now realize the title of my original post may have caused some of you to misunderstand. These are tea party supporters. They are NOT trying to form a separate tea party just for them! My apologies to anyone that may have misunderstood.