PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon demands WikiLeaks to hand over information, delete material posted online

qh4dotcom
08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6744AO20100805

heavenlyboy34
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Go Julian Assange! Stick it to 'em! W00T!!

qh4dotcom
08-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Bump

pcosmar
08-05-2010, 04:16 PM
WikiLeaks also has a large, encrypted file on its web site titled "insurance" which has not been released to the public, and the Pentagon is jittery over the possible publication of more unknown material.
Here is a novel Idea.
Come clean and tell the truth. That would diffuse any surprise.
It IS NOT unknown to someone.
Someone knows what they don't want told.

WaltM
08-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Did CRU ask the same to clear them from accusation of climategate?

What will the Pentagon do if they don't comply?

"If doing the right thing is not good enough for them (WikiLeaks), then we will figure out what other alternatives we have to compel them to do the right thing," he added. LOL

pcosmar
08-05-2010, 04:50 PM
What could it be?

D.C Madam's Datebook??

Obama's Birth Certificate.

9/11 Cover-up plans and documents (Operation "Hits Home")

Ideas?

WaltM
08-05-2010, 04:54 PM
What could it be?

D.C Madam's Datebook??

Unnecessary

Obama's Birth Certificate.

Not a chance

9/11 Cover-up plans and documents (Operation "Hits Home")

Ideas?

I hope!

lester1/2jr
08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I saw a thread at a hacker type site cryptome had linked. I can't remember how they came to the conclusion but one of them thought it might be in regards to this:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/09/09/iraq.secret/

Golding
08-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I demand that the Pentagon collectively eat a testicle. Doesn't mean they'll do it. :]

dannno
08-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't think he should listen to them.

qh4dotcom
08-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Go Julian Assange! Stick it to 'em! W00T!!

It must feel really nice to give the US government the finger :)

fj45lvr
08-06-2010, 03:06 AM
FU pentagon.....you pack of thieves and liars and the "real adversaries" in Donald Rumsfeld's words:

YouTube - ‪9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4GdHLUHwU)

Bruno
08-06-2010, 07:25 AM
I saw a thread at a hacker type site cryptome had linked. I can't remember how they came to the conclusion but one of them thought it might be in regards to this:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/09/09/iraq.secret/

This doesn't make any sense. If someone would get killed" if people know about it, then why doesn't that happen now, considering he says that the terrorists do know about it?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The dramatic drop in violence in Iraq is due in large part to a secret program the U.S. military has used to kill terrorists, according to a new book by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Bob Woodward.

Bob Woodward's book, "The War Within: Secret White House History 2006-2008," came out Monday.

The program -- which Woodward compares to the World War II era Manhattan Project that developed the atomic bomb -- must remain secret for now or it would "get people killed," Woodward said Monday on CNN's Larry King Live.

"It is a wonderful example of American ingenuity solving a problem in war, as we often have," Woodward said.

In "The War Within: Secret White House History 2006-2008," Woodward disclosed the existence of secret operational capabilities developed by the military to locate, target and kill leaders of al Qaeda in Iraq and other insurgent leaders.

National security adviser Stephen Hadley, in a written statement reacting to Woodward's book, acknowledged the new strategy. Yet he disputed Woodward's conclusion that the "surge" of 30,000 U.S. troops into Iraq was not the primary reason for the decline in violent attacks.

"It was the surge that provided more resources and a security context to support newly developed techniques and operations," Hadley wrote.

Woodward, associate editor of the Washington Post, wrote that along with the surge and the new covert tactics, two other factors helped reduce the violence. Watch Bob Woodward explain the strategy »

One was the decision of militant cleric Muqtada al-Sadr to order a cease-fire by his Mehdi Army. The other was the "Anbar Awakening" movement that saw Sunni tribes aligning with U.S. troops to battle al Qaeda in Iraq.

Woodward told Larry King that while there is a debate over how much credit the new secret operations should get for the drop in violence, he concluded it "accounts for a good portion."

"I would somewhat compare it to the Manhattan Project in World War II," he said "It's a ski slope right down in a matter of months, cutting the violence in half. This isn't going to happen with the bunch of joint security stations or the surge."

The top secret operations, he said, will "some day in history ... be described to people's amazement."

While he would not reveal the details, Woodward said the terrorists who have been targeted were already aware of the capabilities.

"The enemy has a heads up because they've been getting wiped out and a lot of them have been killed," he said. "It's not news to them.

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 09:28 AM
bruno -the methods and so forth

RM918
08-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Their super-secret terrorist killing device doesn't seem to be working very well in Afghanistan, or on Osama.

Bruno
08-06-2010, 09:40 AM
bruno -the methods and so forth

Thanks, I understand but he seemed to imply they were no secret to the enemy.

lester1/2jr
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
bruno - this quote "Well, I think it’s better that we don’t comment on that. But, you know, one could imagine in a similar situation that it might be worth ensuring that important parts of history do not disappear. " was what tipped one guy off

this http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread598787/pg32 is the thread. I don't understand any of the hacker jargon. can't seem to find the exact post that guessed it was the woodward stuff. it's a long boring thread