PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Ordered UFO Coverup, Documents Suggest

Rael
08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Churchill Ordered UFO Coverup, Documents Suggest

Published August 05, 2010

| FoxNews.com

Looking like a scene from "Independence Day," this glowing halo in the sky was seen in the sky over Moscow, Russia in early October 2009.

To prevent a mass panic, England's prime minister kept top secret a close encounter between a World War II pilot and an unexplained flying object, newly unclassified documents reveal.

Former Prime Minister Winston Churchill said the unexplained incident should be kept secret for 50 years, fearing it would provoke a "mass panic."

The claim was discovered in files newly unclassified by the British Ministry of Defense. It came from a scientist who said his grandfather was one of Churchill's bodyguards.

According to the documents, details of the coverup emerged when the man wrote to the government in 1999 seeking to find out more about the incident. He described how his grandfather, who served with the Royal Air Force (RAF) in the war, was present when Churchill and U.S. General Dwight Eisenhower discussed how to deal with the UFO encounter.

The man, who is not named in the files, said Churchill was reported to have exclaimed, "This event should be immediately classified since it would create mass panic amongst the general population -- and destroy one's belief in the church."

The incident allegedly involved an RAF reconnaissance plane returning from a mission in France or Germany toward the end of the war. It was over or near the English coastline when it was allegedly suddenly intercepted by a strange metallic object that matched the aircraft's course and speed for a time before accelerating away and disappearing.

The mysterious files also reveal a lengthy history of reported close encounters over the years.

In one incident, a gambler approached the Defense Department for help after a local gambling parlor refused to pay out on his 100-1 bet that aliens would land on Earth before the end of the 20th century.

And an alien spaceship "20 times the size of a football field" is among the string of bizarre UFO sightings. The huge craft was reported to the military after it was seen hovering above Manchester airport in January 1995. In another report, a black U-shaped object was seen from Edinburgh travelling above a Scottish river without disturbing the water on October 9, 1995.

During the Cold War, RAF jets were scrambled 200 times a year to investigate UFOs picked up on radar. But this fell to zero after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

Nick Pope, a former Ministry of Defense expert who worked on the official UFO files, told London paper The Sun, "Whatever you believe about UFOs, there's some fascinating material in these real life X-Files."

"Most of these sightings turned out to be misidentifications of things like aircraft lights or meteors, but a small proportion could not be explained."

BlackTerrel
08-05-2010, 09:44 PM
To prevent a mass panic, England's prime minister kept top secret a close encounter between a World War II pilot and an unexplained flying object, newly unclassified documents reveal.

Perhaps the WW2 Pilot didn't actually see a UFO and they didn't feel it necessary to tell the people.

If there is intelligent life out there and they made it all the way to our planet there would be no way the government could cover it up. What are they going to do - communicate to them (in what language) to "hey land over on area 51 where there are no people so we can keep everyone in the dark. It's a conspiracy we're working on. Yeah we know we just met you but please please please".

Bruno
08-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Perhaps the WW2 Pilot didn't actually see a UFO and they didn't feel it necessary to tell the people.

If there is intelligent life out there and they made it all the way to our planet there would be no way the government could cover it up. What are they going to do - communicate to them (in what language) to "hey land over on area 51 where there are no people so we can keep everyone in the dark. It's a conspiracy we're working on. Yeah we know we just met you but please please please".

Um, head in sand much? Start here

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=255935&highlight=ufos

Anti Federalist
08-05-2010, 09:53 PM
They were called "Foo Fighters" (yes that's where the band got it's name) by the RAF and USAAC.

One explanation was that they were looking at were early versions of jet and rocket propelled fighter aircraft, launched by the Luftwaffe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter

Arklatex
08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
This is beyond discussion my friends. Most still do not get the picture.

Bruno
08-05-2010, 10:32 PM
They were called "Foo Fighters" (yes that's where the band got it's name) by the RAF and USAAC.

One explanation was that they were looking at were early versions of jet and rocket propelled fighter aircraft, launched by the Luftwaffe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter

but then, they were seeing the same things in the sky and thinking it was us...

The first sightings occurred in November 1944, when pilots flying over Germany by night reported seeing fast-moving round glowing objects following their aircraft. The objects were variously described as fiery, and glowing red, white, or orange. Some pilots described them as resembling Christmas tree lights and reported that they seemed to toy with the aircraft, making wild turns before simply vanishing. Pilots and aircrew reported that the objects flew formation with their aircraft and behaved as if under intelligent control, but never displayed hostile behavior. However, they could not be outmaneuvered or shot down. The phenomenon was so widespread that the lights earned a name - in the European Theater of Operations they were often called "kraut fireballs" but for the most part called "foo-fighters". The military took the sightings seriously, suspecting that the mysterious sightings might be secret German weapons, but further investigation revealed that German and Japanese pilots had reported similar sightings

tpreitzel
08-06-2010, 12:06 AM
"The man, who is not named in the files, said Churchill was reported to have exclaimed, "This event should be immediately classified since it would create mass panic amongst the general population -- and destroy one's belief in the church."

This comment reveals more about Churchhill's lack of faith than anything else. The Christian church can easily handle such a doctrine as "extraterrestrial" life which is patently displayed in the concept of the heavenly host as well as angels, nephilim, etc. Because Churchill likely doubted his own faith after encountering "aliens", he wrongly generalized his disbelief and concomitant fears to the whole church.

Bruno
08-06-2010, 12:29 AM
"The man, who is not named in the files, said Churchill was reported to have exclaimed, "This event should be immediately classified since it would create mass panic amongst the general population -- and destroy one's belief in the church."

This comment reveals more about Churchhill's lack of faith than anything else. The Christian church can easily handle such a doctrine as "extraterrestrial" life which is patently displayed in the concept of the heavenly host as well as angels, nephilim, etc. Because Churchill likely doubted his own faith after encountering "aliens", he wrongly generalized his disbelief and concomitant fears to the whole church.

I remember a quote from a woman who had seen the UFO over O'Hare airport in 2007. She also said something like she had questioned her faith as well because she didn't know how to justify what she saw within her religious beliefs. I couldn't find that quote, though.

They downplayed this sighting by dozens of people where a UFO hovered for 20 minutes and then punched a donut-hole in the clouds as it shot straight up as "weird weather"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/02/tech/main2323918.shtml

Federal officials say it was probably just some weird weather phenomenon,:rolleyes: but a group of United Airlines employees swear they saw a mysterious, saucer-shaped craft hovering over O'Hare Airport last fall.

FrankRep
08-06-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm neutral on the subject, but Buzz Aldrin has some interesting things to say

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin Recounts Apollo 11 UFO Encounter
YouTube - ‪Astronaut Buzz Aldrin Recounts Apollo 11 UFO Encounter‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI)

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon
YouTube - ‪Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIXvpjnRws&feature=related)

tpreitzel
08-06-2010, 12:46 AM
I remember a quote from a woman who had seen the UFO over O'Hare airport in 2007. She also said something like she had questioned her faith as well because she didn't know how to justify what she saw within her religious beliefs. I couldn't find that quote, though.

Possible. The modern Christian church is rapidly approaching views once held much earlier in its existence, i.e. intelligent life exists "elsewhere". Dr. Heiser explains this view well in his book, the Facade.

They downplayed this sighting by dozens of people where a UFO hovered for 20 minutes and then punched a donut-hole in the clouds as it shot straight up as "weird weather"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/02/tech/main2323918.shtml (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/02/tech/main2323918.shtml)

Federal officials say it was probably just some weird weather phenomenon,:rolleyes: but a group of United Airlines employees swear they saw a mysterious, saucer-shaped craft hovering over O'Hare Airport last fall.

Oh, sure. The bias of the media and UFO investigators themselves constantly play a role in dismissing legitimate sightings. The accepted adage that only 5% of the reported sightings of UFOs are truly unidentifiable is pure bunk IMO. The actual figure for unidentifiable sightings is probably much closer to 20%, i.e. about 1 in 5.

Liberty4life
08-06-2010, 01:37 AM

Everyone knows English is the galactic standard so communication
will not be a problem, duh.

Bruno
08-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Everyone knows English is the galactic standard so communication
will not be a problem, duh.

They probably bought Rosetta Stone years ago. :D

Seriously, though, if they can navigate to our planet, they can probably pick up a foreign language or two.

YumYum
08-06-2010, 07:31 AM
They probably bought Rosetta Stone years ago. :D

Seriously, though, if they can navigate to our planet, they can probably pick up a foreign language or two.

They might have a problem understanding text messaging lingo.

Bruno
08-06-2010, 09:20 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/7929052/UFO-files-bookmakers-slash-betting-odds-that-aliens-exist-after-Churchill-claims.html

Bookmakers have been forced to slash the odds on bets that aliens exist after it emerged Winston Churchill ordered a cover-up of a Second World War encounter between a UFO and a RAF bomber.

William Hill reported a surge of people placing bets on whether there was extraterrestrial life after claims were published about the former Prime Minister fearing public "panic" and loss of faith in religion about the war incident.

Betting officials on Thursday said they slashed the odds that David Cameron, the Prime Minister or Barack Obama, the US President, would admit the existence of aliens within a year from 100/1 to 80/1.

One gambler even placed a bet that will payout more than a million pounds if any such claims are proved.

"We have had loads of calls. There are thousands of believers out there many of whom are putting their money on an imminent announcement," said a Hill's spokesman.

According to newly declassified files on UFOs, released on Thursday online by the National Archives, Churchill allegedly banned reporting of the “bizarre” incident, off the east coast of England, for half a century amid fears disclosures about unidentified flying objects would create public hysteria.

He is said to have made the orders during a secret war meeting with US General Dwight Eisenhower, the then commander of the Allied Forces, at an undisclosed location in America during the latter part of the conflict.

The allegations involving Churchill were made by the grandson of one his personal bodyguards, an RAF officer who overheard the discussion, who wrote to the Ministry of Defence in 1999 inquiring about the incident after his grandfather disclosed details to his family.

After investigating the claims, an MoD official said there was no evidence to support the claims as all “UFO files before 1967 were destroyed after five years” due to insufficient public interest. This was supported by a Cabinet Office official.

The UFO files also disclosed that the MoD intervened in a dispute between a gambler and Ladbrokes, after the betting agency refused to pay out a bet that aliens existed.

The gambler, whose details were redacted, placed a 100-1 bet with the bookmakers that “aliens would be found on earth (dead or alive) before the end of the century”.

He placed the wager in 1990 as part of double "paired" bet on that year's football World Cup with the bookmaker's Lower Briggate branch in Leeds.

The bet was never paid.

MelissaWV
08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
The biggest disservice that was ever done to the objective study of weather, aircraft, temporal disturbance, and potential alien visitation... was to associate "UFO" with crazy people who believe aliens are going to land on their farm and probe them anally. UFO just means you don't know what the hell it is. I've seen a UFO or two, too, and their position was a little suspect. Does that mean I believe they are alien spacecraft? Nope.

Does that necessarily mean Churchill thought it was alien craft? Or does it mean that they didn't know, and the possibilities were all pretty frightening, so they covered it up for the "good of the people" and to make their Government seem less inept?

Bruno
08-06-2010, 09:38 AM
The biggest disservice that was ever done to the objective study of weather, aircraft, temporal disturbance, and potential alien visitation... was to associate "UFO" with crazy people who believe aliens are going to land on their farm and probe them anally. UFO just means you don't know what the hell it is. I've seen a UFO or two, too, and their position was a little suspect. Does that mean I believe they are alien spacecraft? Nope.

Does that necessarily mean Churchill thought it was alien craft? Or does it mean that they didn't know, and the possibilities were all pretty frightening, so they covered it up for the "good of the people" and to make their Government seem less inept?

Was it ia disservice, or was it intentional? I'd go with the latter. And they have been very successful at labeling as crazy anyone who claims they have seen an other-wordly object flying through the sky, until recently.

More and more sightings, more and more witnesses, more and more pics and video, and the internet has helped for sharing research and footage.

MelissaWV
08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Was it ia disservice, or was it intentional? I'd go with the latter. And they have been very successful at labeling as crazy anyone who claims they have seen an other-wordly object flying through the sky, until recently.

More and more sightings, more and more witnesses, more and more pics and video, and the internet has helped for sharing research and footage.

Oh I didn't comment as to whether or not it was intentional :p However, people have been so silly and delusional and self-involved that they've helped spread the notion far and wide. There is much in human nature that draws certain people to perpetuate hoaxes and other stupidities that only seem to bolster the case for all UFO witnesses to be crazy or otherwise mistaken.

I almost think it more likely that some of the things we're seeing are probes or other visitations from the future than I am to believe that alien beings find us so interesting they're sending ships and people over to investigate. The very vast majority of things people are seeing probably aren't alien craft, if any of them are. I don't find any of the possible alternatives to be less exciting. There's a lot we don't know about our planet's weather, our minds, space/time, foreign aircraft, and any number of things :)

Bruno
08-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh I didn't comment as to whether or not it was intentional :p However, people have been so silly and delusional and self-involved that they've helped spread the notion far and wide. There is much in human nature that draws certain people to perpetuate hoaxes and other stupidities that only seem to bolster the case for all UFO witnesses to be crazy or otherwise mistaken.

I almost think it more likely that some of the things we're seeing are probes or other visitations from the future than I am to believe that alien beings find us so interesting they're sending ships and people over to investigate. The very vast majority of things people are seeing probably aren't alien craft, if any of them are. I don't find any of the possible alternatives to be less exciting. There's a lot we don't know about our planet's weather, our minds, space/time, foreign aircraft, and any number of things :)

I agree. A few bad apples (or nutcases) spoil it for the whole bunch (of legitimate sightings).

But I disagree that it isn't that likely that beings from other planets wouldn't want to visit us. We inspect, dissect, catergorize, and study every single creature we find on our planet, with amazement. People scour the depths of the oceans, remote jungles, and deep caves to find new species to study and learn from. We have sent probes of our own to every planet we can, and now have even left our own solar system (only 100 years after we first took to the skies, btw). We've spent countless billions of dollars to search for life on other planets.

Odds are due to the vast sightings over thousands of years that they either come and go as they like (through space and/or time), or they have simply been here for eons, hiding in our oceans or our skies, observing us and who knows what else.

Bossobass
08-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Churchill was reported to have exclaimed, "This event should be immediately classified since it would create mass panic amongst the general population -- ."

But Churchill saw no danger of causing mass panic by the wholesale raining of bombs on civilians for years. :rolleyes:

The banksters start wars for profit, the bought-and-paid-fors wage them and are good for absolutely nothing else and the innocents get slaughtered. Yet, they withhold UFO info because they care for us.

A cop pulled me over to cite me for not wearing a seat belt, which the state has deemed imperative for my well being. 40 years ago they had no reservations about drafting me into the service to be sent immediately to the meat grinder.

I talked to a bomber gunner when I was a kid. He told me that one day, toward the end of WWII, he saw a metallic streak blast past his bomber. It was a German ME-262, but at the time, he had no earthly idea what it could be.

The Germans were also close to production of an all wing, 600 mph stealth jet bomber that looked like a B-2 stealth, which I'm sure would have blown allied pilot's minds.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/06/photogalleries/hitlers-stealth-fighter-plane-pictures/

That was 65 years ago. When you realize that Americans golfed on the moon some 40 years ago, there really is no telling what advances have been made in flying craft that no one is anxious to roll out anytime soon.

They make waaaaaay too much money keeping us in a time loop of steel and plastic, internal combustion, gasoline-burning vehicles that ride on 4 rubber tires.

Bosso

Bruno
08-06-2010, 11:28 AM
But Churchill saw no danger of causing mass panic by the wholesale raining of bombs on civilians for years. :rolleyes:

The banksters start wars for profit, the bought-and-paid-fors wage them and are good for absolutely nothing else and the innocents get slaughtered. Yet, they withhold UFO info because they care for us.

A cop pulled me over to cite me for not wearing a seat belt, which the state has deemed imperative for my well being. 40 years ago they had no reservations about drafting me into the service to be sent immediately to the meat grinder.

I talked to a bomber gunner when I was a kid. He told me that one day, toward the end of WWII, he saw a metallic streak blast past his bomber. It was a German ME-262, but at the time, he had no earthly idea what it could be.

The Germans were also close to production of an all wing, 600 mph stealth jet bomber that looked like a B-2 stealth, which I'm sure would have blown allied pilot's minds.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/06/photogalleries/hitlers-stealth-fighter-plane-pictures/

That was 65 years ago. When you realize that Americans golfed on the moon some 40 years ago, there really is no telling what advances have been made in flying craft that no one is anxious to roll out anytime soon.

They make waaaaaay too much money keeping us in a time loop of steel and plastic, internal combustion, gasoline-burning vehicles that ride on 4 rubber tires.

Bosso

Thanks for sharing that, Bosso.

Check out the pics linked in this thread, if you're interested

140 years of UFO pics http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=255935&page=4&highlight=years+ufo+pics

tpreitzel
08-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Interesting elaboration on the Churchill memorandum:

The British guy at the center of the inquiries is an astrophysicist whose grandfather apparently died in 1973. From the death of his grandfather, this guy is probably around 50 years of age today. From the length of the blacked-out sections containing names, his identity will probably be determined eventually. Hopefully, other investigators can identify and interview this man before his mother dies.... if she is still alive (11 years since the inquiries) ...interesting.

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1738&category=Environment

Arklatex
08-06-2010, 11:54 PM
from early 80s:

Questioner: Do any of them come here at this time in spacecraft? In the past, say, thirty years?

Ra: I am Ra. We must state that this information is unimportant. If you will understand this, we feel that the information may be acceptably offered. The Law of One is what we are here to express. However, we will speak upon this subject.

Each planetary entity which wishes to appear within your third dimension of space/time distortion requests permission to break quarantine, as you may call it, and appear to your peoples. The reason and purpose for this appearance is understood and either accepted or rejected. There have been as many as fifteen of the Confederation entities in your skies at any one time. The others are available to you through thought.

At present there are seven which are operating with craft in your density. Their purposes are very simple: to allow those entities of your planet to become aware of infinity which is often best expressed to the uninformed as the mysterious or unknown.

Questioner: Where do the people who operate these craft come from? Are they affiliated with any nation on Earth? What is their source?

Ra: These people come from the same place as you or I. They come from the Creator.

As you intend the question, in its shallower aspect, these people are those in your and other selves’ governments responsible for what you would term national security.

Questioner: How did the United States learn the technology to build these craft?

Ra: I am Ra. There was a mind/body/spirit complex known to your people by the vibratory sound complex, Nikola. This entity departed the illusion and the papers containing the necessary understandings were taken by mind/body/spirit complexes serving your security of national divisional complex. Thus your people became privy to the basic technology. In the case of those mind/body/spirit complexes which you call Russians, the technology was given from one of the Confederation in an attempt, approximately twenty-seven of your years ago, to share information and bring about peace among your peoples. The entities giving this information were in error, but we did many things at the end of this cycle in attempts to aid your harvest from which we learned the folly of certain types of aid. That is a contributing factor to our more cautious approach at this date, even as the need is power upon power greater, and your peoples’ call is greater and greater.

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?category=UFOs

The operation if one must prove to themselves that they are real, is very thoroughly explained by George Adamski back in the 1950s. In short, they use the natural energy all around us, they are not "anti-gravity" but pro gravity. By allowing in one wave and blocking the other they are pushed towards a sphere, vice versa they are pushed away, if they allow in both waves they are weightless and hover.

Aratus
08-07-2010, 10:02 AM
yes... winston churchill and FDR did a cover-up of all FOO FIGHTER files they could not explain... for fear
orson welles + h. g. wells were quite mercury theater apt, perceptively correct & on the money in 1938!