PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney is not our concern...Sarah Palin is what really worries me.

Perry
08-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Day after day I see threads about how people are concerned about Mitt Romney. Romney represents the conservative right wing which we have clearly distinguished ourselves from.
Sarah Palin on the other hand has Hijacked the teaparty movement and is ultimately on a path to blot out Ron Pauls power. This has been my concern from day one and every day that passes she builds a stronger base.
This movement really needs to refocus itself towards showing the voting public that Palin is just another neo-con and that she is not going to save the "Mothers of America".

We are going to live to regret this woman.

ChaosControl
08-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Romney represents the conservative right wing

What? He represents the "moderate" NE Rockefeller type wing.

specsaregood
08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't think she is gonna run but in case I'm wrong.

I hope you realize the more you attack her, the more her supporters will love and support her.

YumYum
08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I agree. She is going to be our next president. What was it that Alaskans saw in her? Is there a big Evangelical movement up there?

Ekrub
08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I don't know about Romney being a conservative right winger. He is more in line with the Scott Browns and the Olympia Snowes of the world.

nayjevin
08-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Ron Paul Grassroots will ensure she drops out and she will endorse Ron Paul to preserve her credibility.

angelatc
08-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd like to think that Palin wouldn't fare well in the debates, but Sunshine John didn't seem to suffer from being an idiot.

YumYum
08-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Ron Paul Grassroots will ensure she drops out and she will endorse Ron Paul to preserve her credibility.

She endorsed Rand, and he in turn is obligated to endorse her. That's the way politics works.

nayjevin
08-05-2010, 11:07 AM
She endorsed Rand, and he in turn is obligated to endorse her. That's the way politics works.

I don't think so, I have a crush on Julia Stiles but she doesn't have to return my calls.

Elwar
08-05-2010, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't doubt most Palin events having more Ron Paul sign wavers than Palin supporters.

Slutter McGee
08-05-2010, 11:16 AM
But Palin supporters are sheep. We don't want them in our movement. Not pure enough.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

NewFederalist
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I think Palin will do herself in with plenty of help from the media. Her idiot daughter and the never ending forlorn love saga won't help much either. Romney, on the other hand, IS a media darling. He can play conservative when it suits him (like in the primaries) and then govern as a liberal (like he did as governor of MA). The media likes that since they end up with two nominees they can live with.

My question: has Ron Paul even said he will run again? It sure would be tough on a 76 year old to put himself through all this again.

Perry
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
My question: has Ron Paul even said he will run again? It sure would be tough on a 76 year old to put himself through all this again.

Ron Paul WILL run again. There is little doubt in my mind.

Southron
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I think it would be best for us if Obama wins another term.

The pendulum is already swinging hard in our direction.

Obama is to us in spreading the message like our bombs are to recruiting terrorists in foreign lands.

6 more years of Afghanistan and we may be able to dominate the foreign policy arguments as well.

pacelli
08-05-2010, 12:17 PM

That's why I agree that Palin is the big threat for the 2012 election. We already saw a number of people on these forums get excited about Palin because she said in an obscure MTV interview once that Ron Paul was "cool". Add on the 18-30 year old male republicans that want to get in her pants.

It won't be difficult for the GOP to challenge the R3VOLUTION. They're already doing it right now. We're still stuck on moneybombs. In 2012, every candidate is going to have money bombs.

Rand successfully branded himself as the tea party candidate. So has Palin. Birds of a feather? Once Ron finishes the 2012 educational campaign, his son will endorse Palin.

Todd
08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Day after day I see threads about how people are concerned about Mitt Romney. Romney represents the conservative right wing which we have clearly distinguished ourselves from.
Sarah Palin on the other hand has Hijacked the teaparty movement and is ultimately on a path to blot out Ron Pauls power. This has been my concern from day one and every day that passes she builds a stronger base.
This movement really needs to refocus itself towards showing the voting public that Palin is just another neo-con and that she is not going to save the "Mothers of America".

We are going to live to regret this woman.

How about when some candidate we aren't even thinking of get's the nomination....as has been often been the case.

I think it would be best for us if Obama wins another term.

The pendulum is already swinging hard in our direction.

Obama is to us in spreading the message like our bombs are to recruiting terrorists in foreign lands.

6 more years of Afghanistan and we may be able to dominate the foreign policy arguments as well.

Yep...but I hope we have country by then. :(

Elwar
08-05-2010, 12:32 PM
How about when some candidate we aren't even thinking of get's the nomination....as has been often been the case.

Tim Pawlenty has begun the campaigning for 2012...Romney-like politician look, didn't raise spending by much as governor...

Kotin
08-05-2010, 12:33 PM
No.. Mitt is the challenge.. She probably won't even run.

Slutter McGee
08-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Add on the 18-30 year old male republicans that want to get in her pants.

I think you mean 13 to 80 year old Republicans Libertarians and even Democrats.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Humanae Libertas
08-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Lol, you're all worried about a Sarah Palin. She's a dingbat for goodness sake, no one takes her serious except moronic (like Palin) Sean Hannity, and Limbaugh supporters. Hell she couldn't even finish a single term for Governor.

Obama will win if Palin gets the Republican nomination for President. Mark my words.

JohnEngland
08-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't think Palin will be running. I think the media have done a thorough job of discrediting her and have used family problems to add baggage.

Furthermore, I've noticed that whenever she speaks about the issues, she displays such a shallow understanding and always speaks in generalities.

I think (or hope) that others (like Hannity) now realise that she isn't up to much and are secretly hoping she doesn't run - because she will ensure four more years of Barry.

Though personally, I don't see Ron running either. I think the Gary Johnson campaign will get Ron's support and he'll encourage everyone to back him.

I think Herman Cain might be running, too. He'd be interesting, what with his very thorough career and, from a political point of view, the fact that his skin pigmentation is the same as Obama's.

However, yep, Romney is the real threat. He'll have all the establishment money and supporters working for him. He is the Trey Grayson of 2012. It'll be a true test of the hundreds of Tea Party groups to see whether they really stand for something or are just Republicans.

Personally, I can see many Tea Party groups going for Herman Cain or Gary Johnson.

Galileo Galilei
08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
The biggest threats are Pawlenty and Romney. Palin is going to back Ron Paul next year, predict.

parocks
08-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Republicans rarely if ever give the nomination to someone we aren't even thinking of.

Possibly it's someone we've forgotten about. But it's not a newcomer, a fresh face.
That's what Democrats do.

parocks
08-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Right again as usual.

Palin is the front runner.

"The first female President is a Republican" is something that Republicans will want.

It's not assured that Palin will run and it's not assured that she won't mess up big time. But she'll likely win.

I think you mean 13 to 80 year old Republicans Libertarians and even Democrats.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

parocks
08-05-2010, 03:49 PM
If Pawlenty is running in 2012 it's to win sometime in the future.

Tim Pawlenty has begun the campaigning for 2012...Romney-like politician look, didn't raise spending by much as governor...

Perry
08-05-2010, 08:06 PM
You know I don't think it's a coincidence I was born on Nov 6th. I think I'll pull this thread up two years from now just to show how honed my political instincts are. Lol...

YumYum
08-05-2010, 09:29 PM
That's why I agree that Palin is the big threat for the 2012 election. We already saw a number of people on these forums get excited about Palin because she said in an obscure MTV interview once that Ron Paul was "cool". Add on the 18-30 year old male republicans that want to get in her pants.

It won't be difficult for the GOP to challenge the R3VOLUTION. They're already doing it right now. We're still stuck on moneybombs. In 2012, every candidate is going to have money bombs.

Rand successfully branded himself as the tea party candidate. So has Palin. Birds of a feather? Once Ron finishes the 2012 educational campaign, his son will endorse Palin.

We need to be more original than just do "money bombs". Money is raised and candidates still lose.

What percentage of members on this forum think that the economy will collapse along with our government? 50%? 60%? 70%? 80%?

If the majority of members believe that it is impossible to turn things around, then why are we struggling to put good people in office? Ron Paul has been in Congress for years and the closest he has come to passing a bill is HR1207.

I agree with torchbearer. We should be doing everything we can to help this shit collapse, that includes supporting the worst possible candidates.

If I support Palin for pres, its because she is an idiot that will bring this country down faster than anyone on the pub ticket. She will help us to achieve our goals.
The faster it all collapses, they less misery we have to endure.

Old Ducker came up with a great name for a PAC: "Vote For Trash". :p

nayjevin
08-05-2010, 10:38 PM
we're in a delicate situation that requires competing currencies to soften the fall. can't inject libertarian principle into a collapse and expect results better than the gradual encroachment on property rights/rule of law we see today.from my position in support of voluntary associiations, seems to me good candidates are worth supporting (don't go broke).

Kregisen
08-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Even in the Republican party Palin can't win....there's a large portion who hate her and know she has no knowledge of any subject that doesn't involve Alaska.

Romney is a huge threat and if it weren't for the healthcare issue would easily win the nomination.

Though when there's 8 other candidates attacking him on healthcare, voters will start to leave him.

I think Gingrich may turn out to be the one to beat......I really can't see Romney, Huckabee or Palin winning it.

Everyone else is too small a name.....maybe Bobby Jindal will run and be like a Giuliani after 9/11, since he's the Gov of Louisiana.....spouting off about the oil issue every sentence.

If Romney does win, I really think that spells out the end of America.....both parties will officially be too stupid to change back and there will be no hope left, with democrats taking over in 2016 and by 2020 the national debt will be 25 trillion (yes, it IS estimated to be 25 trillion by 2020) and foreign countries will officially stop buying U.S. bonds and the dollar will come crashing down.

Slutter McGee
08-06-2010, 07:31 AM
If Romney does win, I really think that spells out the end of America.....both parties will officially be too stupid to change back and there will be no hope left, with democrats taking over in 2016 and by 2020 the national debt will be 25 trillion (yes, it IS estimated to be 25 trillion by 2020) and foreign countries will officially stop buying U.S. bonds and the dollar will come crashing down.

I think you are likely right..at least that Romney wouldn't do much for our fiscal situation. Bu tI think there is an outside chance that a Republican President other than Paul could act in at least a somewhat fiscal conservative fashion. But it would be because of political pressure rather than some true belief.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

SkyPie
08-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I agree. She is going to be our next president. What was it that Alaskans saw in her? Is there a big Evangelical movement up there?

She went in and did away with a lot of corruption and waste such as, she sold her predecessors plane on eBay.

carlos1215
08-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Sarah vs. Obama

Battle of the shopaholic narcissists

...Communist O-bots vs. Evangelicals/Neo-con Sarah-bots

good grief!

Obama vs Sarah would turn off every single independent in America and surely lead to a third party candidacy from somewhere...