PDA

View Full Version : 140 Years of UFO pics

Bruno
08-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Some of the best out there. Definitely some that are hard to explain away. This is Part 1 of the series.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/3447508/UFO-sightings-140-years-of-UFO-pictures.html

Part II

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3452381/UFO-sightings-140-years-of-UFO-pictures.html

Elwar
08-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Weather balloons.

Bruno
08-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Weather balloons.

Without a doubt! :rolleyes: :D

Elwar
08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
As digital camera technology advances and more people have them...UFOs will either be proven or not within the next decade. That's my prediction.

paulitics
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
UFOs are the military. It is top secret because it is top secret, duh. That is why you see them fly over the southwest, where the military conducts this sort of stuff. People don't recognize these UFOs because the technology may be further advanced than what has been released to the public.

The ones that aren't this, is just the way to camera took the picture. The same way it sometimes shows ghost like images in the background, or jesus, or anything else the person wants to believe.

If the aliens were here, there would be no question to their existance. People want to beelieve. It's faith.

SWATH
08-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Although I did not look at the pictures, I will dismiss them as lightning.:p

Baptist
08-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Wow, look at the one in LA in 1942. Spotlights and anti-aircraft fire n' everything.

Bruno
08-05-2010, 09:45 AM
UFOs are the military. It is top secret because it is top secret, duh. That is why you see them fly over the southwest, where the military conducts this sort of stuff. People don't recognize these UFOs because the technology may be further advanced than what has been released to the public.

The ones that aren't this, is just the way to camera took the picture. The same way it sometimes shows ghost like images in the background, or jesus, or anything else the person wants to believe.

If the aliens were here, there would be no question to their existance. People want to beelieve. It's faith.

I guess that was some top secret aircraft in 1870? So, who was it that sent that UFO over LA in 1942 with the spotlights on it, and they shelled it with anti-aircraft? Or the one over our capital where they scrambled jets after them. Or many others that cannot be explained other than "must have been the camera angle"? :rolleyes:

Did you look through the pictures at all?

RCA
08-05-2010, 09:54 AM
As digital camera technology advances and more people have them...UFOs will either be proven or not within the next decade. That's my prediction.

Extraterrestrial ufos?

Elwar
08-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Extraterrestrial ufos?

Who knows where they come from...

I watched a show when I was younger that showed an UFO going into an island out in middle of the Bermuda Triangle.

Look up "A Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle"...quite interesting.

RCA
08-05-2010, 10:04 AM

I watched a show when I was younger that showed an UFO going into an island out in middle of the Bermuda Triangle.

This is all I'm finding:

YouTube - ‪Scooby Doo - Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle (1 of 2)‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P_jCa1-qHk)

Bruno
08-05-2010, 10:04 AM

There are lots of USO (S for Submerged) sightings, with objects going in and out of the water. There was a sighting where dozens of U.S. ships tracked one back in the 60's for days. I'll look it up later and post a link.

Theories are that they are in the depths of our oceans, where they can easily hide, and reappear. They could have been here for hundreds of years, thousands perhaps, based upon sightings that go way back to cave drawings.

SWATH
08-05-2010, 10:06 AM
There are lots of USO (S for Submerged) sightings, with objects going in and out of the water. There was a sighting where dozens of U.S. ships tracked one back in the 60's for days. I'll look it up later and post a link.

Theories are that they are in the depths of our oceans, where they can easily hide, and reappear. They could have been here for hundreds of years, thousands perhaps, based upon sightings that go way back to cave drawings.

Probably Shag harbor.

Here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shag_Harbour_UFO_incident

paulitics
08-05-2010, 10:10 AM
I guess that was some top secret aircraft in 1870? So, who was it that sent that UFO over LA in 1942 with the spotlights on it, and they shelled it with anti-aircraft? Or the one over our capital where they scrambled jets after them. Or many others that cannot be explained other than "must have been the camera angle"? :rolleyes:

Did you look through the pictures at all?

That 1870 pic don't look like much to me, besides there were certanly flying objects back then that can explain this.

The 1942 one can be explained by nerves due to a war with Japanese WW2, etc. Probably just a hot air balloon or perhaps the military condicting some B.S experiment to scare people a they have done in the past.

By now, if an actual UFO were to make it within the earth's atmosphere it would be provable. I've never been impressed with any picture of UFOs. If an actual UFO were to make it here, the whole world would know with our technology today.

Elwar
08-05-2010, 10:12 AM
This is all I'm finding:

YouTube - ‪Scooby Doo - Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle (1 of 2)‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P_jCa1-qHk)

Ya...creepy huh?

Scooby is out there picking up clams even though he doesn't like clams.

Someone explain that one...

pcosmar
08-05-2010, 10:14 AM
"The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus. "

:D

YumYum
08-05-2010, 10:14 AM
The aliens check in periodically to see that we are growing in number and size before they slaughter us for food.

Bruno
08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Probably Shag harbor.

Here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shag_Harbour_UFO_incident

That's the one!

That 1870 pic don't look like much to me, besides there were certanly flying objects back then that can explain this.

The 1942 one can be explained by nerves due to a war with Japanese WW2, etc. Probably just a hot air balloon or perhaps the military condicting some B.S experiment to scare people a they have done in the past.

By now, if an actual UFO were to make it within the earth's atmosphere it would be provable. I've never been impressed with any picture of UFOs. If an actual UFO were to make it here, the whole world would know with our technology today.

"nerves" yeah, right. :rolleyes: It was called the Battle of Los Angeles. It is still unexplained to this day, aside from the lame options that it was nerves (I don't have nerves yet see an object in that photo) and that hundreds of weather balloons that can hover and then shoot off at hundreds of miles per hour were to blame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles

The Battle of Los Angeles, also known as '"The Great Los Angeles Air Raid"', is the name given by contemporary sources to the imaginary enemy attack and subsequent anti-aircraft artillery barrage which took place from late February 24 to early February 25, 1942 over Los Angeles, California.[1][2] The incident occurred less than three months after America's entry into World War II as a result of the Japanese Imperial Navy's attack on Pearl Harbor.

Initially, the target of the aerial barrage was thought to be an attacking force from Japan, but speaking at a press conference shortly afterward Secretary of the Navy Frank Knox called the incident a "false alarm." Newspapers of the time published a number of sensational reports and speculations of a cover-up. A small number of modern-day UFOlogists have suggested the targets were extraterrestrial spacecraft.[3] When documenting the incident in 1983, the U.S. Office of Air Force History attributed the event to a case of "war nerves" likely triggered by a lost weather balloon and exacerbated by stray flares and shell bursts from adjoining batteries.

You make quite the assumptions in your second paragraph. Among them is the assumption that we don't already have verification of alien aircraft that world governments are keeping from the public. Reagan and Gorbechev had conversations about them, both believing in them. Other presidents, such as Carter, have seen UFO's, have tried to get more info through their security clearance, and have been unsuccessful.

Believe what you want to believe, I guess. :)

RileyE104
08-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Wow, look at the one in LA in 1942. Spotlights and anti-aircraft fire n' everything.

that's so crazy
is there no video of this account???

paulitics
08-05-2010, 12:56 PM
That's the one!

"nerves" yeah, right. :rolleyes: It was called the Battle of Los Angeles. It is still unexplained to this day, aside from the lame options that it was nerves (I don't have nerves yet see an object in that photo) and that hundreds of weather balloons that can hover and then shoot off at hundreds of miles per hour were to blame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles

The Battle of Los Angeles, also known as '"The Great Los Angeles Air Raid"', is the name given by contemporary sources to the imaginary enemy attack and subsequent anti-aircraft artillery barrage which took place from late February 24 to early February 25, 1942 over Los Angeles, California.[1][2] The incident occurred less than three months after America's entry into World War II as a result of the Japanese Imperial Navy's attack on Pearl Harbor.

Initially, the target of the aerial barrage was thought to be an attacking force from Japan, but speaking at a press conference shortly afterward Secretary of the Navy Frank Knox called the incident a "false alarm." Newspapers of the time published a number of sensational reports and speculations of a cover-up. A small number of modern-day UFOlogists have suggested the targets were extraterrestrial spacecraft.[3] When documenting the incident in 1983, the U.S. Office of Air Force History attributed the event to a case of "war nerves" likely triggered by a lost weather balloon and exacerbated by stray flares and shell bursts from adjoining batteries.

You make quite the assumptions in your second paragraph. Among them is the assumption that we don't already have verification of alien aircraft that world governments are keeping from the public. Reagan and Gorbechev had conversations about them, both believing in them. Other presidents, such as Carter, have seen UFO's, have tried to get more info through their security clearance, and have been unsuccessful.

Believe what you want to believe, I guess. :)

Do you have a website documenting Reagan and Carter's belief in UFO's because that is news to me. I would have thought any elected official would automatically be assigned to kooksville for even contemplating the possibility.

Bruno
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM
that's so crazy
is there no video of this account???

Not that I am aware of that the military has released.

Do you have a website documenting Reagan and Carter's belief in UFO's because that is news to me. I would have thought any elected official would automatically be assigned to kooksville for even contemplating the possibility.

Just 15 years ago we had not discovered a single planet outside or solar system. Now we find a few a month, and the count is over 350 searching a tiny segment of our own galaxy. And scientists now consider that not only are some of those planets able to support some form of life, but that moons within our own solar system might as well. What used to be kooky is now mainstream.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1738.htm

...Except for one headline or two, people didn't pay much attention. Not then and not later, when Gorbachev himself confirmed the conversation in Geneva during an important speech on February 17, 1987, in the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow, to the Central Committee of the USSR's Communist Party. Not a High School in Maryland, precisely! There, buried on page 7A of the 'Soviet Life Supplement,' was the following statement:

"At our meeting in Geneva, the U.S. President said that if the earth faced an invasion by extraterrestials, the United States and the Soviet Union would join forces to repel such an invasion. I shall not dispute the hypothesis, though I think it's early yet to worry about such an intrusion..."

Notice that Gorbachev doesn't say this is an incredible proposition, he just says that it's too early to worry about it.

YouTube - ‪UFO - Ronald Reagan's Speech about Alien Invasion‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQximJ-6yo)

More on UFOs and our Presidents

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/presidents.htm

http://unexplainedmysteriesoftheworld.com/archives/famous-ufo-quotes-by-presidents-politicians-military-officers-and-astronauts

"I can assure you that, given they exist, these flying saucers are made by no power on this Earth."
-President Harry S. Truman, 4 April 1950, at a press conference.

"While working under President Eisenhower,I discovered that Eisenhower had a keen interest in UFOs, but that he came to realize that he had lost control of the subject".
-Brigadier General Steven Lovekin

"The US Airforce assures me that UFO's pose no threat to National Security."
-President John F. Kennedy

"We must insist upon full access to disks recovered. For instance, in the LA case the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination."
-J. Edgar Hoover

"I certainly believe in aliens in space, and that they are indeed visiting our planet. They may not look like us, but I have very strong feelings that they have advanced beyond our mental capabilities."
-Senator Barry Goldwater (1965)

"I'm not at liberty to discuss the governments knowledge of extraterrestrial UFO's at this time. I am still personally being briefed on the subject!"
-President Richard M. Nixon

"In the firm belief that the American public deserves a better explanation than that thus far given by the Air Force, I strongly recommend that there be a committee investigation of the UFO phenomena. I think we owe it to the people to establish credibility regarding UFOs, and to produce the greatest possible enlightenment of the subject."
-President Gerald Ford (during his years as a US Congressman).

It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors and it was about the size of the Moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky.
-President Jimmy Carter

"I looked out the window and saw this white light.It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said,Have you ever seen anything like that? He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light.We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it."
-President Ronald Reagen (Describing his 1974 UFO encounter to veteran newsman Norman C. Miller, then Washington bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal.)

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously."
-Mikhail Gorbachev

"The UFO phenomenon being reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious"
-General Nathan Twining Chairman, Joint chiefs of staff, 1955-1958

"For thirty years, I've held that image in my mind. What I saw was a circular object that looked like two pie plates put on top of each other with a golf ball on top. It was a classic flying saucer,and it shot a beam of something at our warhead"
-U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Robert M. Jacobs

"I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets which obviously are a little more technically advanced than we are here on Earth."
-Colonel L. Gordon Cooper (Mercury 9,Gemini-5 Astronaut)

"After the plane from Roswell arrived with the material I asked the base commander to personally transport it in a B-26 to Major General McMullen in Washington DC. The entire operation was conducted under strictest secrecy. The weather balloon explanation for the material was a cover story to divert the attention of the press".
-Brigadier General Thomas Dubose
Commanding Officer of Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Affadavit 09/16/01

"Mission control, We have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions!"
-Astronaut Cady Coleman NASA transmission shuttle mission STS-73

"We heard the material was coming to Wright Field. It was brought into our material evaluation labs. I don't know how it arrived but the boys who tested it said it was very unusual".
-Brigadier General Arthur E. Exon

"I speak from three years of detailed, personal research involving interviews with more than five hundred witnesses in selected UFO cases,chiefly in the United States. In my opinion the UFO problem,far from being the 'nonsense problem' it has been labelled by many scientists,constitutes an area of extraordinary scientific interest".
-Dr. James McDonald
Professor of Atmospheric Sciences
Quoted in "UFOs - a Scientific debate"

"I've been asked about UFO's and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization."
-Commander Eugene Cernan, Commanded the Apollo 17 Mission. (LA TIMES, 1973)

"It is time for the truth to be brought out... Behind the scenes high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.... I urge immediate Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about unidentified flying objects."
-Former CIA Director Vice Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, signed statement to Congress, August 22, 1960

"Blue Book was now under direct orders to debunk...I remember the conversations around the conference table in which it was suggested that Walt Disney or some other educational cartoon producer be enlisted in the debunking process".
-Dr. J Allen Hyneck
Scientific Consultant to Blue Book

"We have contact with alien cultures."
-Astronaut Dr. Brian O'leary

"The Air Force has never denied the possibility that interplanetary spacecraft exist. There are many people in the Air Force who believe in UFOs".
-USAF Press Liason Albert M Chop

"In my official status, I cannot comment on ET contact. However, personally, I can assure you, we are not alone!"
-Charles J. Camarda(Ph.D.) NASA Astronaut

"The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating even higher than the H Bomb. Flying saucers exist. Their Modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by by a small group headed by Doctor Vannevar Bush."
-Wilbert Smith in a top secret Canadian Government Memorandum,
21st November 1950

"They came up with a table of pictures of all the shapes of UFOs that have ever been recorded -about fifty ...The study of UFOs may reveal some new forms of energy to us,or at least bring us closer to a solution."
-General Vasily Alexeyev
Russian Air Force -Space Communications Centre.

"It isn't a question of whether or not flying saucers exist. The question is what are they and who do they belong to?"
-George Flier
Air Force Intelligence Officer 1958 -1978

Clairvoyant
08-05-2010, 01:28 PM

Are you kidding me? All the technology has done is make it to where even the most real looking photos or video cannot be trusted. Between CGI and photoshop no picture of video would be considered proof, no matter how good.

pcosmar
08-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Fugetaboutit
http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/140/573/091/W24Z.jpg

Captain Shays
08-05-2010, 01:36 PM
It's LSD or mushrooms.

Clairvoyant
08-05-2010, 01:45 PM
It's LSD or mushrooms.

Maybe the aliens are using an LSD type substance to travel here...

Elwar
08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Are you kidding me? All the technology has done is make it to where even the most real looking photos or video cannot be trusted. Between CGI and photoshop no picture of video would be considered proof, no matter how good.

Anyone who's watched the Brady Bunch knows that you can get in some major trouble by doing something like that...like losing your driving privelidges for a week.

ninepointfive
08-05-2010, 02:12 PM
some of the best evidence I have for E.T. comes from this video on the South American ruins: Ancient Aliens from the History Channel (http://www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens). I'd be interested to hear your take from those topics covered. Like models of Ancient craft resembling airplanes and space-ships and whatnot spanning multiple cultures.

I was also in a park with a friend not too long ago, and witnessed a craft enter the atmosphere, burn bright, then go perpendicular travel to the entrance into the atmosphere. I'm not saying this was an alien, just that it was cool to witness.

Also, go camping in the southwest, and you'll see military aircraft practicing.

Mach
08-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Maybe God travels inside UFO's.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/images2/maryufo5B.jpg

http://www.ufoevidence.org/images/madonnaufo2.jpg

http://www.crystalinks.com/ufomadonna2.jpg

http://www.ufoevidence.org/ancientastronauts.htm

Danke
08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
The aliens check in periodically to see that we are growing in number and size before they slaughter us for food.

"To Serve Man" (http://www.cbs.com/classics/the_twilight_zone/video/index.php?pid=EhJkGeNGuUqJfc9CCfD81h6TpxCIglq1)

http://rosemaryfarm.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/serverman-300x223.jpg

Bruno
08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
some of the best evidence I have for E.T. comes from this video on the South American ruins: Ancient Aliens from the History Channel (http://www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens). I'd be interested to hear your take from those topics covered. Like models of Ancient craft resembling airplanes and space-ships and whatnot spanning multiple cultures.

I was also in a park with a friend not too long ago, and witnessed a craft enter the atmosphere, burn bright, then go perpendicular travel to the entrance into the atmosphere. I'm not saying this was an alien, just that it was cool to witness.

Also, go camping in the southwest, and you'll see military aircraft practicing.

Sounds like quite the sighting! I saw something over Phoenix during the Phoenix LIghts period, but it hovered and did not move.

That is a good series on the History Channel. I have caught a few of them, but not all. I believe man has the ability to build things like pyramids without alien intervention or assistance, however many of the tomb drawings definitely make you wonder what they were trying to depict. For me, most interesting are cave drawings, some more than 10,000 years old, showing saucer-shaped objects. They help counter the argument "It would too long to get here even at the speed of light". Firstly, we don't know that with other technology faster space travel is not possible, secondly, we don't know that they traveled distances as far as we think and could be from withing our own galaxy, and thirdly, they may have been here already for many thousands of years observing (and/or influencing) us.

There are some pretty amazing ones here:

http://www.alien-ufo-pictures.com/ancient_aliens.html

http://i37.tinypic.com/2lwp00o.jpg

Seraphim
08-05-2010, 02:34 PM

The technology of the Govt and "Elite" is 50-200 years ahead of what the common person thinks. Subjective numbers. There is no way of truly quantifying that, but either way, the are WAY ahead of what is released to the public. On a level most people can't even begin to imagine.

Bruno
08-05-2010, 02:40 PM
The technology of the Govt and "Elite" is 50-200 years ahead of what the common person thinks. Subjective numbers. There is no way of truly quantifying that, but either way, the are WAY ahead of what is released to the public. On a level most people can't even begin to imagine.

I call bullshit. 20-30 years, tops. 200? c'mon.

Additionally, many of these sightings in the OP were a hundred years ago. Other sightings on cave drawings and in paintings just posted are thousands of years old.

And I, for one, want the technology we paid for to be used for something other that military top secret use. If we have aircraft capable of flying thousands of miles an hour, then turning on a dime, I wanna fly in that and not in a 1950's era plane.

ninepointfive
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I believe man has the ability to build things like pyramids without alien intervention or assistance, however many of the tomb drawings definitely make you wonder what they were trying to depict.

yeah, and this proves it: YouTube - ‪Man Moves Huge Blocks!‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvx5gSnfW4)

Bruno
08-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for sharing that! ^

ninepointfive
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Sure! also check this segment out. I enjoyed it form the Ancient Aliens video:

YouTube - ‪The Mysterious And Intriguing Ruins Of Tihuanaco And Pumapunku‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKuE9bVqe8M)

Bruno
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I've seen that. ^ Pumapunku is an amazing site, and hard to explain how or why they built what they did. Did they have to use diamond-tipped tools to do so?

Danke
08-05-2010, 03:08 PM
If we have aircraft capable of flying thousands of miles an hour, then turning on a dime, I wanna fly in that and not in a 1950's era plane.

Your first flight in that would be your last. :eek:

Bruno
08-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Your first flight in that would be your last. :eek:

Lol. True, true. :D

But if "they" is really "us", then if they can do it, I can. Now, if "they" isn't us, but rather "them", then count me out.

If you follow me. I barely did.

tsopranos
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
What's funny is that if you break everything down and look at the larger picture, how could you then be so narrow-minded as to say we are alone in the Universe?

We're all on a big rock, floating in FUCKING space. Take that in for a second.

We have consciousness, 5 senses... and the instructions (DNA) to make us go from a grain of rice to a fully obese adult :D

How far can you trace back your lineage? 5, 6, generations? Strong evidence of lost civilizations throughout history.

Something is amiss.

Live_Free_Or_Die
08-05-2010, 04:35 PM

That one was pretty impressive.

Bruno
10-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Bump for those who haven't seen these pics, and the new ones at the link on the OP.

revolutionary8
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM

UFO'S from 1943
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Turbine_Schauberger.gif

http://naziufosecret.com/07282df0.gif

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/nazi_saucer_2.gif

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/nazi_saucer.jpg

Bruno
10-06-2010, 03:20 PM
UFO'S from 1943
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Turbine_Schauberger.gif

http://naziufosecret.com/07282df0.gif

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/nazi_saucer_2.gif

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/nazi_saucer.jpg

Good example of reverse engineering things we see in the sky. The Germans pilots saw foo fighters, too.

revolutionary8
10-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Good example of reverse engineering things we see in the sky. The Germans pilots saw foo fighters, too.

yes, one looks like a flying squirrel. The other, a jelly fish. Fish fly too. :D