PDA

View Full Version : McMahon cuts Blumenthal's lead to 10 points in new Quinnipiac poll

qwerty
08-04-2010, 05:23 AM
The Republican front runner for five straight months, McMahon has a 47 percent to 30 percent lead over Rob Simmons, who reactivated his suspended campaign two weeks ago. Peter Schiff trails with 14 percent, still unknown to 61 percent of GOP voters.

http://www.ctmirror.org/story/7121/mcmahon-cuts-blumenthals-lead-10-points-new-quinnipiac-poll

I donīt believe this poll! Thatīs for sure!

We have mailers going out, tv & radio ads, volunteer calls, robo-calls, media attention and we have PEter campaigning like crazy.

This poll is rigged, thatīs for sure!

brocius
08-04-2010, 05:34 AM
Here is the official link to the results of the Quinnipiac poll. I think its complete BS, we'll see come August 10th, until then we hit McMahon and we hit her hard, and the REAL results will speak for themselves.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1296.xml?ReleaseID=1484

brocius
08-04-2010, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if McMahon payed off these pollsters. They sampled 1000 to 2000 people. I bet the other 100,000 voters will have something entirely different to say come election day August 10th.

Jim McClarin
08-04-2010, 06:20 AM
The thing is, Simmons is a familiar name and is someone that many Republicans have voted for in the past. Therefore he is the default choice for any who do not favor McMahon. Peter's "Kick" ad runs the risk of throwing it to Simmons if it successfully jades the majority of GOP primary voters on McMahon.

IMO Peter needed a solid month of introductory ads on a par with McMahon. I continue to hold out hope for a lightning strike and donated as recently as yesterday simply because Peter in the senate would be HUGE and would give me a slight hope of a turn-around before we plunge completely into the abyss. But I am one of those he has warned about, planning to leave the country before utter chaos descends.

SilentBull
08-04-2010, 06:52 AM
http://www.ctmirror.org/story/7121/mcmahon-cuts-blumenthals-lead-10-points-new-quinnipiac-poll

We have mailers going out, tv & radio ads, volunteer calls, robo-calls, media attention and we have PEter campaigning like crazy.

This is very discouraging. Honestly, I don't think the poll is rigged. The fact is the media doesn't mention Schiff. When the morons receive these mailers, they probably just dismiss it because the dumb fucks wait for the media to tell them who to pay attention to.

K466
08-04-2010, 08:12 AM
That poll sucks but I don't think Peter's heavy campaigning has registered in the polls yet. I just think Peter waited to long to get aggressive. Should have started as soon as the petition was successful. Still hoping for the best though.

Baptist
08-04-2010, 08:41 AM
This is very discouraging. Honestly, I don't think the poll is rigged. The fact is the media doesn't mention Schiff. When the morons receive these mailers, they probably just dismiss it because the dumb fucks wait for the media to tell them who to pay attention to.

+1

Tons of the people I talk to say, "no, I'm fine thank you. I've been following the race in the news and will make my decision based off the that thank."

I'm sorry but as long as this country continues to own TVs, there is no hope for it. There will never be a revolution. If there is, it will be a fake one and the leader will be a co-opt vector TV personality like Beck.

runningdiz
08-04-2010, 09:27 AM

You don't believe the poll? So you did not believe the polls that said Rand would beat trey by a sizable margin in the primary?

You were here during Ron's campaign for president. All of the polls showing Ron loosing the primary were rather accurate as well.

keep fighting the good fight but it will take a miracle for Peter to win at this point.

ironmanjakarta
08-04-2010, 10:42 AM
We have to remember the message Peter is trying to feed the voters isn't exactly palatable. He's saying he has to cut off their gravy train to save the country. This is like rationing a crack addicts supply of crack. This also proves that people don't give a rats ass about their country. It's only when politicians say, you dont have to pay, I'm going to steal from everyone else, not you, to pay for all these cool things like a big war machine and shuttles, etc, will people agree to it. If the government depended solely on donations, how big do you think the government would be? Minuscule.

qwerty
08-04-2010, 11:08 AM
You don't believe the poll? So you did not believe the polls that said Rand would beat trey by a sizable margin in the primary?

You were here during Ron's campaign for president. All of the polls showing Ron loosing the primary were rather accurate as well.

keep fighting the good fight but it will take a miracle for Peter to win at this point.

Polls can be sometimes right yes. Everyone is right sometimes, this time they are wrong!

RonPaulFanInGA
08-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Polls can be sometimes right yes. Everyone is right sometimes, this time they are wrong!

Do you have any tangible proof, something other than: "I beeeeeelieeeeeve"?

This really isn't looking good. This is like the third somewhat recent poll I can remember now showing Schiff with half the support of someone who dropped out months ago. And the election is only six days away.

qwerty
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Do you have any tangible proof, something other than: "I beeeeeelieeeeeve"?

This really isn't looking good. This is like the third somewhat recent poll I can remember now showing Schiff with half the support of someone who dropped out months ago. And the election is only six days away.

This poll was conducted from July 28 through Aug 2 so possibly no one who answered in this poll knows all of the McMahon connection with Democrats.

Kick ad just started running on Aug 2.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2824513&postcount=13

paulitics
08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
It is discouraging. I don't think the poll is rigged. There is no proof, and no reason to believe Quinnipiac would risk their reputation. They make more money if they are right, remember?

I do think there is still a shot with a 3 way race, and alot of undecideds however. He may not even need 40% to win, and those that will vote for Schiff would like walk over broken glass to get to the polls.

trey4sports
08-04-2010, 12:06 PM
guys, i have been a "realist" all my life. I never let my emotions lead me to bad conclusions. In this particular situation i do believe that we have a good chance at pulling this out. there are so many forces that are coming into play right now. The next poll should show a lot more support for schiff